Is My Crown Thinning Or Is It Like A Cowlick?

kingandgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bit of context.
Im 17 now and my hair started falling at early 15 cuz of some extremely stressful moments. My hairline is still intact (Norwood 1.5 maybe) but im kind of worried about my crown. Does this look like its thinning?. Sadly i havent got any pics of my crown other than these.

Pictures taken with flash btw

Attachments

• IMG_20181021_140013698.jpg
    IMG_20181021_140013698.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_20181021_135955355.jpg
    IMG_20181021_135955355.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 155

kingandgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also forgot to mention my hairloss has stopped/slowed down for the past month after using some natural methods.

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice a change? Do you have any photos of your crown as a kid? It looks very thin but I have a few friends who have a very big bald spot as crown since their childhood. Shedding is not a sign of hair loss, everyone loses their hair. Baldness comes when the hair does not grow back or it grows back thinner than it was before.

kingandgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you notice a change? Do you have any photos of your crown as a kid? It looks very thin but I have a few friends who have a very big bald spot as crown since their childhood. Shedding is not a sign of hair loss, everyone loses their hair. Baldness comes when the hair does not grow back or it grows back thinner than it was before.
No sadly havent got any old pictures, but i think that it wasnt this thin before. Hair still grows there but not as thick as the parts of my head. At least thats what it looks like with a high light intensity

hairnohair

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ask your parents, maybe get checked by a dermatologist if you think it's getting bad. Don't stress about it, it surely looks thin but it doesn't necessarily mean you're going bald.

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown does look thin, more so in the second picture (see a few thin spots on top). The good news is that you’ve caught it before anyone else will notice.

What natural methods have you been using to slow down the loss?

kingandgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your crown does look thin, more so in the second picture (see a few thin spots on top). The good news is that you’ve caught it before anyone else will notice.

What natural methods have you been using to slow down the loss?
Just coconut oil, massaging my scald and eating/drinking correct vitamins. As well complete a vitamin D cource which i lacked according to the doctor.
I dont plan on getting on any medication like minoxidil or stuff like that. If im going bald imma take it like a man and start focussing on other parts of my body, especially my fitness.
I am still worried, yes, but i guess u cant win them all ^^

badgenetics1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just coconut oil, massaging my scald and eating/drinking correct vitamins. As well complete a vitamin D cource which i lacked according to the doctor.
I dont plan on getting on any medication like minoxidil or stuff like that. If im going bald imma take it like a man and start focussing on other parts of my body, especially my fitness.
I am still worried, yes, but i guess u cant win them all ^^

Good approach, sometimes it’’s easier to embrace than try and fight it. Being in shape with no hair is far better than being overweight / obese with a full head of hair in my opinion.