Is Minoxidil Really The Only Way To Do It?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking lipogaine and this isn't the first time i tried minxodil and i did experience some joint issues the first time so i know that things could turn bad very easy but i am currently fairly desperate

Is there anything i can do that would be as good as minxodil whether its setting up a routine of various things that can possibly gain the same results?

I was looking a product called FOLIGAIN HAIR REGROWTH TREATMENT For Men with 10% Trioxidil which is meant to be an Minoxidil alternative but it looks basically like a natural tropical DHT blocker with beta and saw, b vitamins, vitamin c and aloe, soy ect ect .

I know there is copper pep, ezalic acid and possibly bee venom and this other stuff to try but if anyone mentions these you often get told you are being stupid for even thinking about trying anything but minoxidil.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump

I am 85% sure i probably can't use Minoxidil :(

First 3 days i had some skin irritation but it stopped, but i also noticed rapid heart beats for about 5 minutes, dizzyness and the feeling of tightening and the feeling that i need to take bigger breaths

Now all these could go in a few days but i also noticed muscle ache and joint cracking in my knee and back and i had the same thing last time i took minoxidil and i ended up spending about a month with the feeling of arthritis in my knee and wrist till i stopped taking minoxidil

I am 32 and i have never had issues with my joints, muscles or back and then one week on minoxidil and its almost like everything is starting to strain.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Neddy you are waaayyyy too paranoid. If topical minoxidil is an irritation then go for oral. You should try Zix. Its b6 and zinc which seems to be a natural alternative to finasteride with some solid science backing it. Stop over analysing every little thing. I doubt you noticed an increased heart beat 5 minutes after application, it wouldn't reach the bloodstream in that time! Not even with dermarolling, unless you go at it until you bleed.
Get a prescription for xanax or something and just get on with your treatments!
You wont find success with that level of paranoia bro. Stick with minoxidil and try a finasteride alternative. You could always try tricomin i suppose but utimately minoxidil is really the only effective treatment we have to regrow hair. Good luck and try not to overthink man.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My experience with Minoxidil is interesting because the first week i used it i had rapid heart beat and trouble breathing and then i took a couple of days off not using it and then i started again that all stopped and i haven't had any issue with it since.

I also had a bad irritating itch that also has gone away.

The side effect i do not think is gonna go away though is the popping/cracking joints which has recently started up and in 2016 i had the same issue for 2 months using minoxidil and thats why i stopped back then because it started to actually get painful.

From what i can tell and from what i have read either having low T or low adrenal can put more pressure on your joints for some reason? this one didn't go away last time and while i am currently taking a bone and joint supplement hoping it helps i just don't know.

Its funny i have never had joint or bone issues before beyond when i used minoxidil and i have talked to people 5 years younger then me in their 20s that have joint and bone issues and they are often surprised i never really had any.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should try natural ways. Applying minoxidil and other chemicals needs continious usage but not proven effective.

My hairline isn't improving at all, i think it slowed down abit since i started using Finasteride once every other day but i would not go on minoxidil if i didn't feel desperate.

i have bought foligain with "10% trioxidil" but i don't know if its any good or just a weak substitute for minoxidil

You visit hairloss boards like this and you ask about natural ways and you instantly get called crazy and told to just take minoxidil the only proven system but sometimes its just not that simple.

If you know any good minoxidil alternatives let me know :/

Last edited:

thickhaironhead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was on minoxidil but had sides like itching, puffy eyes and some weird scar appeared in the corner, so had to drop it, eventually tried mino 2 % but not at all like the 5 % in terms of regrowth, so now im on nanoxidil, they say same its like minoxidil but a different molecule, so no sides, but it takes longer time to get results than with minoxidil.

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, there are plenty of other things that can be used instead of minoxidil. For example, this is my upcoming regimen:
Morning - topical zix (vitamin b6 and zinc), and topical cetirizine
Night - Rogaine (Minoxidil 5%), Ramatroban (PGD2 receptor antagonist)
Once a week - Wounding (dermarolling) followed by castor oil (PGE2) and topical Lithium chloride.
Current research is linking the role of prostaglandins in hair loss. Basically the goal is to reduce PGD2 and increase PGE2 in the scalp. There are plenty of other threads here with more information on that topic.

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sure, there are plenty of other things that can be used instead of minoxidil. For example, this is my upcoming regimen:
Morning - topical zix (vitamin b6 and zinc), and topical cetirizine
Night - Rogaine (Minoxidil 5%), Ramatroban (PGD2 receptor antagonist)
Once a week - Wounding (dermarolling) followed by castor oil (PGE2) and topical Lithium chloride.
Current research is linking the role of prostaglandins in hair loss. Basically the goal is to reduce PGD2 and increase PGE2 in the scalp. There are plenty of other threads here with more information on that topic.

@ZenHead see you're using zix, how has it been working for you? Also, see you're using minoxidil as well at night. As you've probably seen, ive been promoting zix as my solution the past 13/14 years since quitting finasteride. Im tempted to add minoxidil in the evening, and wondering what your experience has been. Any details are appreciated.

ManinBlack

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is the only treatment other than finasteride and dutasteride than can give statistically significant regrowth in many people, but honestly even minoxidil is not that impressive. Putting some oils or fancy shampoo on your head does nothing.

Last edited:

ZenHead

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@worm Hey man, not using zix yet, just waiting for one last ingredient to arrive. Im actually preparing the mix known as “super zix 2”. As for minoxidl, I definitely have grown some “peach fuzz” around my temples, but nothing significant. However it may be helping slow down the process. Slowly losing ground but I do believe in conjunction with the other treatments I mentioned above, it could really give me a boost. We’ll see in the next few months.

phamboy24

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neddy you are waaayyyy too paranoid. If topical minoxidil is an irritation then go for oral. You should try Zix. Its b6 and zinc which seems to be a natural alternative to finasteride with some solid science backing it. Stop over analysing every little thing. I doubt you noticed an increased heart beat 5 minutes after application, it wouldn't reach the bloodstream in that time! Not even with dermarolling, unless you go at it until you bleed.
Get a prescription for xanax or something and just get on with your treatments!
You wont find success with that level of paranoia bro. Stick with minoxidil and try a finasteride alternative. You could always try tricomin i suppose but utimately minoxidil is really the only effective treatment we have to regrow hair. Good luck and try not to overthink man.
What is the zix natural treatment?:)
Could you describe it for me sir?:)

real kombo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is the only treatment other than finasteride than can give statistically significant regrowth in many people, but honestly even minoxidil is not that impressive. Putting some oils or fancy shampoo on your head does nothing.

Dutasteride?

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the first and only time I heard of Minoxodil causing joint pain.

I really don't think that's the cause.

Maybe some people are allergic to Minoxidil, that's possible. But joint pain?? Wow.