Is minoxidil good enuff? Dont think i cant take finasteride anymore

delboud

Reaction score
Well i tired finasteride for 10 days and got side effects... and from i read people who get them don't get any better :(

I been taking minoxidil for about 2 1/2 months now, will that be good enough to see regrowth with my hair line temples and crown area?

I would continue to take finasteride but, after stopping from the 10 days its a nice amount difference to my body... everything from urgre to urinate, watery seamen, some ED, etc...

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Is minoxidil good enuff? Dont think i can take finasteride anymore

Yea, use minoxidil with a DHT inhibitor. minoxidil alone isn't enough.
Men's Premium Minoxidil 15% & Azelaic Acid 5% DHT Inhibitor

or another good brand
MinoxidilMax: 15% Minoxidil Plus 5% Azelaic Acid

some before & after pictures of user:
(disclaimer: I do not own these pics - they can be found on the amazon site)

3/19/11 - BEFORE

6/19/11 - AFTER
61KI7xMEFOL.jpg

^^^ hair is starting to fill in after 3 months. Good way to avoid propecia side effects :hump:

delboud

Reaction score
Why dont rogaine uses 15% with the dht blocker??

With me using 5% now and moving to 15%, will i go through a shed phase or it will continue to work on improving?

Also... since this is a higher concentration... why is everyone still using 5%

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You don't have to choose the 15%. There are lower concentrations available on the amazon site. I just gave the link to the one with the most reviews.

MinoxidilMax: 5% Minoxidil & 5% Azelaic Acid

You need minoxidil with DHT blocker because a DHT blocker will help stop the cause of the hair loss. Minoxidil does nothing about the cause of the hair loss. It just stimulates "minoxidil hairs" while your real hair continues to die off. This is why it is a good combo. minoxidil helps with regrowth and AA helps stops the progression of hair loss.

delboud

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
You don't have to choose the 15%. There are lower concentrations available on the amazon site.

I would assume 15% is better so i dont mind, im just saying why isnt popular brands like rogaine using this amount? I just asked because it could had be a reason, like more shedding which i can have right now :(

Have you seen good results with it?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
delboud said:
ripple-effect said:
You don't have to choose the 15%. There are lower concentrations available on the amazon site.

I would assume 15% is better so i dont mind, im just saying why isnt popular brands like rogaine using this amount? I just asked because it could had be a reason, like more shedding which i can have right now :(

Have you seen good results with it?

I just use a DHT Inhibitor which is all you really need. minoxidil you should use if you need regrowth in some areas.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is a DHT inhibitor, but it blocks DHT by inhibiting a large portion of the DHT in your body causing alot of side effects. Azelaic acid applied topically will only inhibit the DHT in the scalp. This way you avoid side effects and go straight to where the DHT attacking your follicles are located.

delboud

Reaction score
I'm sold, ordering some now, but again since I have been already taking minoxidil, I won't shed again correct? Or is it different due to the higher concentration.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you think Revivogen or a 15% minoxidil with DHT inhibitors would be better at stopping hair? I'm on Revivogen but using it at night prevents me from another dose of minoxidil.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you will shed again, but the shedding is necessary so larger & healthier hairs can take it's place.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
Do you think Revivogen or a 15% minoxidil with DHT inhibitors would be better at stopping hair? I'm on Revivogen but using it at night prevents me from another dose of minoxidil.

I would just replace the minoxidil you're using with one that has Azelaic acid in it. There are some versions on the amazon site where you only have to apply it once daily. Therefore you can apply minoxidil/AA in the morning and Revivogen at night.

Boomer01

Established Member
Reaction score
I already have the minoxidilmax 5% with AA. I have been using a regualr 5% minoxidil in the mornings and just started using the 5% with AA after work and then Revivogen at nights. I guess I'll see how that works.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Boomer01 said:
I already have the minoxidilmax 5% with AA. I have been using a regualr 5% minoxidil in the mornings and just started using the 5% with AA after work and then Revivogen at nights. I guess I'll see how that works.

The directions for the 5% version(Dulagen5) require you apply 2 times per day. The 15%(Dulagen15) version only 1 times per day, but I believe what you have should be ok.

delboud

Reaction score
ripple-effect said:
Boomer01 said:

The directions for the 5% version(Dulagen5) require you apply 2 times per day. The 15%(Dulagen15) version only 1 times per day, but I believe what you have should be ok.

Does that apply to the one you mention first?

T

TravisB

Is this azelaic acid thing enough to block DHT? I've read that it has been tested in vitro, but not in vivo, and there is no proof that this blocks DHT in the human scalp.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
TravisB said:
Is this azelaic acid thing enough to block DHT? I've read that it has been tested in vitro, but not in vivo, and there is no proof that this blocks DHT in the human scalp.

True, but what happens in vitro is usually a good indicator of what might happen in vivo. Because it has been proven to be a powerful antiandrogen in vitro, all that matters on a human scalp is that it gets absorbed into the scalp. The products I mention earlier have effective delivery vehicles to make that happen.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No, they mixed it together in one formula & they work synergistically together to stop hair loss and regrow hair. So it is only 1 convenient application.

2 of the moderators of HairLossTalk.com forums use(d) this product (PropeciaJunkie & Cassin):

Some reviews I found from them:

PropeciaJunkie said:
I have actually used their product and it does work rather well, it is really sticky (Dualgen 15% with Azelaic Acic) and leaves hair messy but again I did get good results when I was using it.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65678&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=10

Cassin said:
Basically we all agree so far that everything is working exactly as it should be. So yes good results.

Until something goes wrong I personally will keep using it.
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=65678&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=60

That should say something about the efficacy & legitimacy of this product.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ripple you have too much faith in these topical antiandrogens. Azelaic acid, topical saw palmetto... where are the success stories?