Is male pattern baldness Is The Worse Thing That Can Happen To A Young Man

IS male pattern baldness the worst thing to can happen to a young man?

• Total voters

blackg

Reaction score
os-pictures-matthew-apperson-george-zimmerman--001.jpg

T

tellersquill

Not the worst thing to happen to a young person. I have a friend who is terminally ill at 23 and has a month or so left to live.

Even if hair loss made you uglier then life isn't over. Look at all the ugly people on the streets who have wealth, friends, and a partner.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is also part of why I fear baldness so much. Like you say, it is a silent killer – of passion and of interest. In many cases I feel it strips someone of that primal foundation of a relationship, her subconscious motivation to be with you. You have to continually justify your presence and get less headroom for messing up. Fred has said that multiple times: the trouble when he was bald didn't come from getting with women, it came from getting them to stay. It's why you should never neglect treatments even if you are in a stable relationship. Hair loss will fracture that relationship's foundation and bring any dormant problems to the fore.

Zircon, with so many women suffering from hair loss (from what I observe), do you think if the roles were reversed, you would feel towards your long-term partner the way you perceive she would feel towards you as you continue to bald? My husband is noticeably bald now (a few guys have pointed that out to him recently), and passion, interest or anything else have not diminished for me. I doubt your desire for a woman you love and who loves you just as deeply in return would lessen if just her hair looked bad. It's hard for both sexes to imagine we could still be desirable and sexy to our significant others when something we dislike so strongly about our appearance (not just hair loss) drastically changes, through no fault of our own. We can, though. I love how you describe a "good woman" in your first paragraph. Ditto goes for a "good man."

shookwun

Reaction score
I would rather be bald then loosing my c*** , sex drive and the ability to f***, and wank

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey truths truth. iirc a good portion of people who get into accidents are cheated on by their partners after or just split up

like the inspirationals in readers digest are just 10% or something

ill double check this tho

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Joan, I appreciate your sentiment.

What I can say is, this is a sample of one. I haven't seen your husband but I'm guessing he does not look too bad bald, he might have lucked out with his facial characteristics. Furthermore, you are a woman in middle age, whose options will be more limited than a younger woman, a self-aware Androgenetic Alopecia sufferer and a person who gives the impression of being generally understanding and accepting of others (something that I feel I too have become over time). Your experience may not generalize to my age bracket or those who do not share your secondary characteristics.

This is not to devalue your opinion, more to explain why I cannot immediately file it under reasons not to worry about this.

If my partner got aggressive hair loss it would likely affect my sexual attraction to her negatively. If I felt strongly about her I would likely work with her over time to see if things could improve, either through surgery, wigs or concealers. If there was no residual attraction there after that, it might prove hard to continue unless there were mitigating factors like children in the picture.
I did contemplate replying, as I do always, due to my age and the length of time I've been married. I was more referring to a "stable relationship," which I interpreted as one where both partners love each other and have been together for a number of years, whether they're in their 30s or older. People can be disfigured in many ways at any time. What happens then? Do we end years-old relationships because our partner has become ugly to us? I can understand why you worry, since you have said honestly that if the shoe were on the other foot, there's a good chance you would end the relationship. I am not judging you, since there is no right or wrong. Our feelings are our feelings and sometimes impossible to control or change, no matter how hard we may try.

I wouldn't say my husband has the ideal features for baldness. He wouldn't look good with a shaved head, but if that's his choice someday, it's his to make. I will agree that a middle-aged woman's options are more limited than a younger woman's only if she has let herself go and/or is aging badly. The ladies in my age bracket who have done/are neither tend to stand out more, since they are in the minority, unlike in young women's age groups. My observations and opinions of young and older women may differ from men's, though.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I did contemplate replying, as I do always, due to my age and the length of time I've been married. I was more referring to a "stable relationship," which I interpreted as one where both partners love each other and have been together for a number of years, whether they're in their 30s or older. People can be disfigured in many ways at any time. What happens then? Do we end years-old relationships because our partner has become ugly to us? I can understand why you worry, since you have said honestly that if the shoe were on the other foot, there's a good chance you would end the relationship. I am not judging you, since there is no right or wrong. Our feelings are our feelings and sometimes impossible to control or change, no matter how hard we may try.

I wouldn't say my husband has the ideal features for baldness. He wouldn't look good with a shaved head, but if that's his choice someday, it's his to make. I will agree that a middle-aged woman's options are more limited than a younger woman's only if she has let herself go and/or is aging badly. The ladies in my age bracket who have done/are neither tend to stand out more, since they are in the minority, unlike in young women's age groups. My observations and opinions of young and older women may differ from men's, though.
Joan, great post. I think most people will never truly understand the true meaning of "love" in the context of marriage or a long term relationship until they finally find that one person they can truly be happy with most of their life. Sounds like you have. If it were so easy to find, then divorce would never exist. I am not referring to the love we feel for our parents or siblings or family members. I am talking about love for someone who you chose as your lifetime partner. And until you love yourself, you will always struggle to love someone else.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Joan, great post. I think most people will never truly understand the true meaning of "love" in the context of marriage or a long term relationship until they finally find that one person they can truly be happy with most of their life. Sounds like you have. If it were so easy to find, then divorce would never exist. I am not referring to the love we feel for our parents or siblings or family members. I am talking about love for someone who you chose as your lifetime partner. And until you love yourself, you will always struggle to love someone else.[/QUOTE]

Or you may always question how someone can love you in spite of not loving yourself.

Joan

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As women age they will have fewer options. On average a 20-year old woman will attract more men than a 30-year old woman. Depending on how they take care of themselves the loss of interest will be greater or lesser but a strong trend is there on average. The same dynamic is there for men but the loss of appeal is more stretched out in time than it is for women.

With fewer options comes the incentive to accept flaws rather than reject someone over them. You cannot afford to be as picky. Even for me, my age and my bad hair mean that I need to view my partners with a soft focus lens at times. With a thick NW1 I might not need to do that. I wonder what things will be like after the transplant.
Younger women will trump older women in attracting men, true. I meant that middle-aged women who are still attractive will be sought after for relationships more by men in their own age group or older, and so they have more options than in their younger years, when there was more competition. How many MILFs are there in everyday life compared to gorgeous 20 or 30 something year olds in small, middle-class towns, where cosmetic procedures aren't the norm? It's not that we accept flaws as we age; they're just not the deal breakers they may have been when we were young.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Younger women will trump older women in attracting men, true. I meant that middle-aged women who are still attractive will be sought after for relationships more by men in their own age group or older, and so they have more options than in their younger years, when there was more competition. How many MILFs are there in everyday life compared to gorgeous 20 or 30 something year olds in small, middle-class towns, where cosmetic procedures aren't the norm? It's not that we accept flaws as we age; they're just not the deal breakers they may have been when we were young.

I'm hoping the same is true of men, that the same-age competition largely drops out.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm hoping the same is true of men, that the same-age competition largely drops out.

I hope so too man. I am sick of seeing these pierce brosnan looking mother fukers, driving around in their Mercedes, with distinguished NW2 hair gently stricken with a beautiful whitish grey. I waddle out of my pick up truck and the sun hits my decaying, rotting, diseased birds nest and women expect bugs and worms to start crawling out. It's f*cking bullsh*t. Use a different gas station you Jesse Stamos replica piece of sh*t.

KO21

Established Member
Reaction score
I hope so too man. I am sick of seeing these pierce brosnan looking mother fukers, driving around in their Mercedes, with distinguished NW2 hair gently stricken with a beautiful whitish grey. I waddle out of my pick up truck and the sun hits my decaying, rotting, diseased birds nest and women expect bugs and worms to start crawling out. It's f*cking bullsh*t. Use a different gas station you Jesse Stamos replica piece of sh*t.

Your posts kill me LOL

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
Your posts kill me LOL

Buck is a very tactile man. He'll allege he loves you to death,
but I promise you that if he can get his hands on you in private, he will kill you.
I'm dead serious..,he really will. :eek:

Last edited:

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if male pattern baldness is the worst thing that can happen to a young man, but I will tell you the worst thing that can happen to IDWalker... it involves the two of us eating his own kidney over candle light as he's bound to my dining room chair. xoxoxox smooches ID!!

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
I don't know if male pattern baldness is the worst thing that can happen to a young man, but I will tell you the worst thing that can happen to IDWalker... it involves the two of us eating his own kidney over candle light as he's bound to my dining room chair. xoxoxox smooches ID!!

I may have overestimated your intelligence a bit my confectionary cannibal
See I would have figured you would farm out my organs instead of feasting on them.
This way you could recoup some of your finances from your Turkey hunt over at Doctor Erdogan's,
and maybe then you'll commence to eat him after he finishes the hair transplant/FUE of course?

Oh yeah. I'm blowing smooches back at you kiddo;)

giphy.gif

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
In all seriousness, I think going blind would be one of the worst things that could happen to someone. Obviously hair loss is a b**ch, especially for people with other physical attributes that do not fare well with a bald head, but there are much worse things out there.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Totally agree!!!!! Bucky, high five to you!!!! Respect!!!:cool:

I thoroughly enjoy your posts as well Doctor! and, thank you!

as for IDwalker, I intended for you to suspect my ambitions to commence with harvesting your organs and... oh f*ck it man. Just come over and listen to some records. I promise I won't eat your kidneys or confine you to my crawl space.