IS IT TRUE OR FALSE

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Bryan is Dictum a DHT inhibitor? Will it get me back to a norwood 0?

Dictum, like finasteride, was accidentally discovered to be a DHT inhibitor which will get you back to a Norwood 0.

Bryan

G

phantom2x said:
is long hair shedd or fall out more than short hair, if so keeping it short or even shave it will prevent from shedding.at least a decrease. ..will this makes any different.

Well, I can talk by self experience. I am losing my hair since 1998, and in 2001 I started shaving my head. And that helped a lot to stop my hair loss.

Unfortunately, when I leave my hair long I continue losing hair. But considering I lost hair since 1998, and I am only at norwood 2 scale. I think shaving your head helps a lot.

Now, my objetive is to find the way to stop losing my hair, without having to shave my head. I am reading this forum since yesterday, and based on people's opinion, the so called "BIG 3" is the way to go.

I think shaving your head is a good short-term alternative, if you are still waiting for a solution, but I don't think it's a really good long-term solution.

And another thing, what works for you, could not work for others, and viceversa. So while shaving our heads, helped us both, maybe it could not work for other people. Every individual is different, and every skin is different, and react in different ways.

For example I tried bodybuilding, for over a year, when I was about 19, and trained very hard , 5 times a week, and it did not stop my hair loss. I could even say, it accelerated my hair loss. And I did not take any anabolics, just proteins, and some creatine/glutamine. I even got big and muscular :lol:

So, while doing weightlifting, work for some people, it did not worked for me. You see my point?

Just my two cents.

Greetings.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Zimmy said:
Bryan is Dictum a DHT inhibitor? Will it get me back to a norwood 0?

Dictum, like finasteride, was accidentally discovered to be a DHT inhibitor which will get you back to a Norwood 0.

Bryan

This is excellent news Bryan, I am already a Norwood 0 (except for the massive sheds) and was hoping to make some further gains, are there inverse Norwood numbers?

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
.is it that huge a stretch of the imagination to say that a shaved head results in a healthier, cleaner scalp and healthier hair? ...I don't think so.

I agree, cutting your hair short stops hair loss.

If you are looking for proof, just look at a man with a slick bald head, his hair is so short (about as short as you can get) that he will lose no more hair from the slick bald areas.

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Well you can laugh about it as much you like, but there's two personal accounts of people right in this thread who experienced and the very least a reduction in hair loss once they shaved their hair.

Again, I'm not saying it's BECAUSE they shaved their hair - it probably isn't - but I don't think it's a massive leap of faith to say that a shaved head results in a healthier scalp and thus healthier hair.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
Well you can laugh about it as much you like, but there's two personal accounts of people right in this thread who experienced and the very least a reduction in hair loss once they shaved their hair.

I am still in agreement with you, these two accounts prove what I have always known, I have been telling people for years that it is long hair (for both men and homos) that causes hair loss, what more proof do people want, a third example?

ikaponthus said:
Again, I'm not saying it's BECAUSE they shaved their hair - it probably isn't -

But it is ! Name one person who shaved their head and then continued to lose hair, it is impossible because there aren't any !

ikaponthus said:
but I don't think it's a massive leap of faith to say that a shaved head results in a healthier scalp and thus healthier hair.

I agree, often a single short hair cut can reduce blood serum levels of dihydrotestosterone, reverse fibrosis of the follicle and extend the anagen stage of the hairs growth cycle permanently.

A short hair cut would be pretty much a 'win win' scenario if it was not for the massive sheds shaving your hair can induce. I once had my head shaved right down and I must admit it felt great, but boy oh boy!! the sheds!!! right there within minutes I noticed an enormous pile of hair on the floor.

Since then I have kept my hair long at the back and sides and very short on top, it may not be as healthy as shaving it off but I shed less.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
Radio said:
I once had my head shaved right down and I must admit it felt great, but boy oh boy!! the sheds!!! right there within minutes I noticed an enormous pile of hair on the floor.

lol! .... thanks Ty, I just spilled my drink all over my keyboard. too much...

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
lol! .... thanks Ty, I just spilled my drink all over my keyboard. too much...

Ty?

Shed, what dark gallop is this 'Ty' nonsense ?

Cheers

Ty

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whoops!

That should read Radio at the end.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whoops!

That should read Radio at the end.

G

ikaponthus said:

Again, I'm not saying it's BECAUSE they shaved their hair - it probably isn't - but I don't think it's a massive leap of faith to say that a shaved head results in a healthier scalp and thus healthier hair.

Hello ikaponthus

Don't mind him, just ignore his worthless posts. :)

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GoodGuy said:
Hello ikaponthus

Don't mind him, just ignore his worthless posts. :)

GoodGuy, I am offended.

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Hehehe. Yeah that was pretty funny. :)

There is good news regarding the shedding though. If you shave your head again a week or so after the first shave you will notice that the second shed is comparitively much smaller than the first. Which pretty much proves what I have been saying all along.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ikaponthus said:
There is good news regarding the shedding though. If you shave your head again a week or so after the first shave you will notice that the second shed is comparitively much smaller than the first. Which pretty much proves what I have been saying all along.

Yes, so we agree then ?

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
finally , shaved or kept short well not help for the long run, so better to injoy right now before it all gone. :lol: