IS IT TRUE OR FALSE

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
is long hair shedd or fall out more than short hair, if so keeping it short or even shave it will prevent from shedding.at least a decrease. ..will this makes any different.

ikaponthus

Reaction score
Have no idea. But my hair pretty much stopped balding completely when I shaved it about 4 years ago. Maybe this is coincidence or whatever I dunno. And it is definitely balding - I'm not one of these people who delude themselves into thinking they are going bald. It was weird all my friends teased me and said I should go to advanced hair - now many of them are balder than me! Hahaha. I shaved it nothing for years. Now I am using minoxidil, fina, nizoral and emu oil in an attempt to maybe grow some back.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes cutting your hair will send an electronic signal down the hair shaft 'informing' the follicle that the hair is now shorter and should not be shed, this information is stored in the base of the hair shaft and updated every 2-4 weeks.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
No it just means you have bad eyesight as longer hair is easier to see when its shed than short shaved hair. There is a close link between poor eyesight and baldness, as many norwood 7`s are also completely blind. :wink:

jeffsss

Reaction score
wow, you guys are pretty mean. it's bad enough that people have to go through this BS then you lay it on him to get a laugh.

no phantom, it doesnt make a difference how long your hair is. your hair will fall out even if it were buzzed.

SE-freak

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
wow, you guys are pretty mean. it's bad enough that people have to go through this BS then you lay it on him to get a laugh.

A good laugh always saves the day, jef. Humour is spread all over this place and that's great.

We are all in this together.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Radio said:
Yes cutting your hair will send an electronic signal down the hair shaft 'informing' the follicle that the hair is now shorter and should not be shed, this information is stored in the base of the hair shaft and updated every 2-4 weeks.

There's no need to post crap like this, some people might believe it. People come on here for information, not misinformation.

jeffsss

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
jeffsss said:

A good laugh always saves the day, jef. Humour is spread all over this place and that's great.

well i was a new member not long ago and I honestly knew very little. I still dont have a great wealth of information.

but this was a legitimate question that should have been answered.

If i was this guy and that was my question i'd find a new forum. :shrug:

I hope noeone has done that to me BTW.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
Sheesh lighten up, if people were serious here all the time it would be an even more depressing place to be. A little light hearted humour here and there is needed.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
jeffsss said:
SE-freak said:
jeffsss said:

well i was a new member not long ago and I honestly knew very little. I still dont have a great wealth of information.

but this was a legitimate question that should have been answered.

If i was this guy and that was my question i'd find a new forum. :shrug:

I hope noeone has done that to me BTW.

There are only really 3 very well known and very good hairloss forums on the net, ive got news for you guys on the other two forums like to make a joke now and again. Get over it.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
biff said:
Radio said:

There's no need to post crap like this, some people might believe it. People come on here for information, not misinformation.

My post is not 'crap' as you put it, it has been proved time and time again that the communication system within the hair shaft does, as I say, inform the root as to the length of the hair, this is stored (chemically) as a series of 1s and 0s through the switching off and on of the amino acid 'L-Tootrapeen' in the 'so called' dermal 'pupil'. When a hair is cut, the tip of the newly cut shaft is exposed to the air and a process of oxygenation takes place at the cut site, there is then a build up of both 'L-Tootrapeen' and 'L-Omapra' at the cut site and slowly (over many hours) negatively charged electronic molecules migrate down the shaft 'looking' for a positively charged electronic molecule to mate with. When the molecule reaches 'Finnagans bridge' (the small connective strip that joins the hair root to the derma pupil) it waits to be met by one of the neutrally charged 'keepers of the bridge' before it crosses, as they make their way across this 'so called' bridge the 'keeper' gains the information on hair length (in inches) from the migratory molecule through a series of electronical exchanges, when the tranfer of the information is complete (around two thirds of the way over this 'so called' bridge) the original molecule is literally pushed over the bridge and the once neutral molecule waltzes into town like some f*****g mini-jesus, as if he is the answer to every....

BBZZZZzzzzzzzz

...sh*t !! got to go, my doctor is coming.

jeffsss

Reaction score
Zimmy said:
Sheesh lighten up, if people were serious here all the time it would be an even more depressing place to be. A little light hearted humour here and there is needed.

hey believe me.

it doesnt bother me much but If i asked the question I'd become more frusterated and depressed about it.

I think this is a very serious forum.

SE-freak

Reaction score
I can be deadly serious while shaking my bowels. It is healthy too.

It is a fact that you have to adjust to the forum atmosphere. I remember being pissed after a Tynan's reply to one of my first posts. :lol:

I can clearly see now that it was my problem.

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
SE-freak said:
I remember being pissed after a Tynan's reply to one of my first posts. :lol:

sh*t!, I loved that guy.

SE-freak

Reaction score
Radio said:
SE-freak said:

$#iT!, I loved that guy.

I believe your Doctor is treating you for multiple gay personalities, isn't he?

poor guy...

BZZZZZzzzzzzzz

oops! gottago.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Radio said:
biff said:
Radio said:

My post is not 'crap' as you put it, it has been proved time and time again that the communication system within the hair shaft does, as I say, inform the root as to the length of the hair, this is stored (chemically) as a series of 1s and 0s through the switching off and on of the amino acid 'L-Tootrapeen' in the 'so called' dermal 'pupil'. When a hair is cut, the tip of the newly cut shaft is exposed to the air and a process of oxygenation takes place at the cut site, there is then a build up of both 'L-Tootrapeen' and 'L-Omapra' at the cut site and slowly (over many hours) negatively charged electronic molecules migrate down the shaft 'looking' for a positively charged electronic molecule to mate with. When the molecule reaches 'Finnagans bridge' (the small connective strip that joins the hair root to the derma pupil) it waits to be met by one of the neutrally charged 'keepers of the bridge' before it crosses, as they make their way across this 'so called' bridge the 'keeper' gains the information on hair length (in inches) from the migratory molecule through a series of electronical exchanges, when the tranfer of the information is complete (around two thirds of the way over this 'so called' bridge) the original molecule is literally pushed over the bridge and the once neutral molecule waltzes into town like some f****ing mini-jesus, as if he is the answer to every....

BBZZZZzzzzzzzz

...$#iT !! got to go, my doctor is coming.

Hopefully this time he will put your straitjacket back on. :D

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Radio said:
SE-freak said:

$#iT!, I loved that guy.

The ancient Philosopher's Dictum:

"Know thyself."

Bryan

Radio

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
The ancient Philosopher's Dictum:

"Know thyself."

Bryan

Bryan if you feel like you are being threatened, because my knowledge on the pathology of male pattern baldness is superior to yours, then let me tell you now that you have no need to be, sure you may not know much about 'Finnagans bridge' or the migratory molecules, but without you the newbies on this site would probably not know about 'hair mantras' or 'Nizoral' the popular hair lice shanpoo.

Richard. A. Dio

P.S. How often do you use 'Dictum'?
I have upped it to thrice a week.

Zim

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan is Dictum a DHT inhibitor? Will it get me back to a norwood 0?

ikaponthus

Reaction score
I think it's funny that all you guys are making fun of this question as if it's that outrageous. My hair DID stop falling out when I started shaving it. That's just a fact. I'm not saying it's BECAUSE I started shaving it ... it's probably just coincidence, but I have honestly wondered about that coincidence very often. And yes, BTW, I have grown it out since then, it's not looking that way just because it's short. Even when I grow it out I can tell I have lost little to none since I did the shave.

Like I said, I'm not drawing conclusions, I'm just saying what happened to me. Who knows why? ...BUT ...is it that huge a stretch of the imagination to say that a shaved head results in a healthier, cleaner scalp and healthier hair? ...I don't think so.