Is it true not starting finasteride is many mens biggest regret in life?

Here For the Lulz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s literally what everyone on finasteride says. It’s just hindsight though...once you know something works its easy to look back with regret regardless of whether or not your inactivity was the right call at the time.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so what are you taking?

Ketoconazole with jojo?
I use keto shampoo once a week. Jojoba oil with rosemary and peppermint oil. Leave that on all night. It’s in my keto shampoo, too. No more of those little red bumps appear on my scalp. Seb derm is completely gone.

Rudolphus

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a NW3 when I began using a 5AR inhibitor. I've been on treatment for seven years so far and I've managed to regain half a Norwood (I'm NW2.5 now at age 34). If I hadn't listened to all the fearmongerers telling me not to start finasteride/dutasteride, I might have started treatment sooner and been able to save a NW1/NW2 hairline, but I left it too late for that. Thankfully, I bit the bullet in the end instead of continuing to listen to the fearmongering, and jumped on treatment before my hair was too far gone, and I've managed to salvage a NW2.5 hairline. If I'd never treated my hair loss, I'd have followed in my father's footsteps and been completely bald by now.

Last edited:

Inigo1202

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started Finasteride 2 years ago.

Best decision I ever made regarding my cosmetic problems.

Haven't had a sinlge issue with it. None. Got quite a great amount of hair back, and the quality of it is much better and looks healthier.

Finasteride, either way, it's a MEDICATION. Go to a Doctor first. Ask him. See you you handle it. And if you tolerate it well, go for it.

Paul C

My Regimen
Reaction score
I was a NW3 when I began using a 5AR inhibitor. I've been on treatment for seven years so far and I've managed to regain half a Norwood (I'm NW2.5 now at age 34). If I hadn't listened to all the fearmongerers telling me not to start finasteride/dutasteride, I might have started treatment sooner and been able to save a NW1/NW2 hairline, but I left it too late for that. Thankfully, I bit the bullet in the end instead of continuing to listen to the fearmongering, and jumped on treatment before my hair was too far gone, and I've managed to salvage a NW2.5 hairline. If I'd never treated my hair loss, I'd have followed in my father's footsteps and been completely bald by now.
Did you have any side effects on the meds?

Aqalp

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was nw2 when it was suggested in 2008. I didn't start until 2016. I prob would still be a NW2.5 right now instead of over 4.