Is It Possible To Transplant Someone Else's Hair On Your Head?

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm assuming it doesn't work because your body's immune system would reject it, but what if you found a volunteer who is a close relative? Has this ever been tested before? Only reason why I ask this is because I'm a diffuse thinner and don't have nearly enough donor hair.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could work yes. But the success rate of this operation is too low to be worthy which brings the compatibility test required too expensive to be industrialized.

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It could work yes. But the success rate of this operation is too low to be worthy which brings the compatibility test required too expensive to be industrialized.
i think in a certain study was stated that hair dont get rejected by the immune system ,i might be wrong tho

S14a

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good question, would be good to hear from those medically qualified on this.

TK421

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think in a certain study was stated that hair dont get rejected by the immune system ,i might be wrong tho

If this is true I wonder why using other people's donor hair doesn't happen more often. Organ transplants seem to have success as long as the donor is a 'match'. I figure even if the donor is not a relative, if they are the same ethnicity and have the same blood type it should work. Maybe the problem is finding donors, but I'm sure there's alot of older guys out there with a full head of hair that wouldn't mind selling some of their hair. It would obviously cost more since you'd have to pay someone for some of their hair along with the transplant operation but it would be worth it to me if this procedure were possible.

Rocknroutlaw

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In a word: no.
If this was a feasible option, every baldie would have done it by now. Unfortunately the only hope for those without sufficient donor hair is the stem cell cloning which is highly unlikely to be of use in our life time, so either take actions now with whatever donor hair you have or accept your fate.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Only if they are identical twins. That has been done before.