Is It Possible To Attach Hair System Without Having To Shave Your Head?

SkepticMind

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen videos of this being done, so I suppose it's feasible, and I'm aware there are downsides to it such as the difficulty of having it removed, or that it might ruin my natural hair and whatnot.

I'd like to hear from others perspectives. I haven't come to terms with wearing a hair system yet so I decided that I should probably wear it without having to shave my head.

I'd like to add though that I had an idea of how to wear it. Since the hairline of the hair system is lower than my natural hairline, I'd apply the glue on that area to stick on my upper forehead, whereas the crown part of the system I will use clips to clip on my natural hair. I know that placing a hair system on top of my natural hair might make my head higher therefore unnatural, but my natural hair is in and of itself flat due to thin density.

Anyway, would like to get some input on this.

EDIT: I'd also add that in regards scalp. My hair piece has bangs and layes upon layers of hair. So my scalp won't be visible. So I don't have to worry about that.

Noah

Reaction score
Yes, it's possible. That method was popular in the past, and still seems to be used in India amongst other places - for example on this video -

As you say, there are downsides. If you do it for long enough you will get traction alopecia where the clips attach to your fringe hair. Also you will be missing out on the realism that you can get from a modern fine lace system. Your system will have to be very high density or have an opaque base, to hide the hair underneath and the clips. But it's doable, and certainly it's a way of trying a system without the commitment of shaving. Just be aware that you are not getting the naturalism that you could be.