Is It Ok To Use Social Media For Research?

susan golder

My Regimen
Reaction score
“If this social media site were to be used by researchers to identify information on the side effects of medications how would you feel?”

We at the University of York would love to hear your views - good or bad...

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be a terrible idea, just look at the amount of people who post pictures on this site thinking they are going bald yet they have full heads of hair.. 95% of people on here are bat sh*t crazy and that's before we even talk about side effects. Ive seen people say they got erectile disfunction as soon as they ordered their first prescription of finasteride...In the name of real science don't use this as a credible means of research

furtbr

My Regimen
Reaction score
As you can see, people who take finasteride will say there are no side effects. On the other side, there are people who stopped finasteride because of the side effects.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
You really wanna talk sh*t about my limp dick in your medical underGraduate dissertation, dudebro?

Heinrich Harrer

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
“If this social media site were to be used by researchers to identify information on the side effects of medications how would you feel?”

The only thread you’ll ever need: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...l-route-hair-life.109288/page-68#post-1700289

Paranoia, delusion, brain damage, loss of cognitive function, loss of muscle, facial changes, erectal disfunction, fat gain, hormonal imbalances, gyno, accelerated hair loss, feminization, denial, ncbi obsession, endocrinologist syndrome (think they know about hormones from online research, eventually the overflow of useless articles confuse them to the point that they are literally lost inside their bubble), alopecia syndrome (thinks he’s balding but he isn’t, takes meds, stays the same, posts in success stories, smh), adrenaline fatigue, depression, aggression (I got a member here messaging me about how bald I am trying to make me feel bad as if I just found out I’m bald smh), the temple syndrome (everything is sh*t because my temples are thinning out), the list goes on.

I don’t know if you guys are gonna end up writing an article about the side effects but you’re definitely gonna laugh your *** off reading stuff here, I guarantee you that.

You’ve got the green light.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
The only thread you’ll ever need: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...l-route-hair-life.109288/page-68#post-1700289

Paranoia, delusion, brain damage, loss of cognitive function, loss of muscle, facial changes, erectal disfunction, fat gain, hormonal imbalances, gyno, accelerated hair loss, feminization, denial, ncbi obsession, endocrinologist syndrome (think they know about hormones from online research, eventually the overflow of useless articles confuse them to the point that they are literally lost inside their bubble), alopecia syndrome (thinks he’s balding but he isn’t, takes meds, stays the same, posts in success stories, smh), adrenaline fatigue, depression, aggression (I got a member here messaging me about how bald I am trying to make me feel bad as if I just found out I’m bald smh), the temple syndrome (everything is sh*t because my temples are thinning out), the list goes on.

I don’t know if you guys are gonna end up writing an article about the side effects but you’re definitely gonna laugh your *** off reading stuff here, I guarantee you that.

You’ve got the green light.

So why are you so f*****g bald if you don’t believe in sides? Serious question.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
hard propecia science - my semen went watery and after a couple of months I lost my sex drive. It came back a couple of months after quitting.

I’d rather loose my hair than my sex drive!

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how people get all these sexual sides from a weak af drug like Finasteride, yet I’m on a somewhat aggressive regimen using direct AA’s and haven’t experienced any debilitating sexual sides of note.

Last edited:

RU serious

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how people get all these sexual side from a weak af drug like Finasteride, yet I’m on a somewhat aggressive regimen using direct AA’s and haven’t experienced any debilitating sexual sides of note.

It is, I took 0.25mg every 3 days and got gyno

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how people get all these sexual side from a weak af drug like Finasteride, yet I’m on a somewhat aggressive regimen using direct AA’s and haven’t experienced any debilitating sexual sides of note.

Body chemistry and genetics can be very different from personto person. It’s a bit like how some men roid their f*****g *** off and maintain a full head of hair into their fifties, while some scrawny kid goes bald at 20. Nature is all but fair or predictable.

kiwi666

My Regimen
Reaction score
Crazy how people get all these sexual sides from a weak af drug like Finasteride, yet I’m on a somewhat aggressive regimen using direct AA’s and haven’t experienced any debilitating sexual sides of note.
It’s not crazy or funny.

It’s just a simple scientific fact and down to an individuals chemistry.

I used to smoke heaps of weed and I’d get high. And I’d love it, then something changed and I don’t get that buzz, yet I have friends who do?

According to you this would be “crazy”. According to Science this is “chemistry”.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s not crazy or funny.

It’s just a simple scientific fact and down to an individuals chemistry.

I used to smoke heaps of weed and I’d get high. And I’d love it, then something changed and I don’t get that buzz, yet I have friends who do?

According to you this would be “crazy”. According to Science this is “chemistry”.

Nah it’s definitely crazy, I’m not sure how you developing a tolerance to canabis is in anyway relevant.

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Which is exactly why you’re unqualified to be participating in this conversation!

I don't remember seeing any prerequisite of expertise or qualifications for participating in conversations on this site, but sure lets restrict conversation to experts like @kiwi666!

Netsky

My Regimen
Reaction score

Is the point of your research for scientific purposes or are you looking more at how people behave/react on social media ?

susan golder

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for your question. We are carrying out some research on how people feel about researchers using social media for detecting and monitoring side effects of treatments. Lots of people use social media (such as Twitter, Facebook and discussion forums) to post information on side effects that they or someone they know have experienced. Potentially researchers interested in the side effects of a particular drug
or treatment can search social media using sophisticated technology to find these posts.
We are seeking to find out people's views. We have asked questions on posts in social media but are also carrying out interviews and focus groups to find out people's thoughts on this.