Is it finally time for finasteride?

themiz1234

Established Member
Reaction score
0127161104a.jpg0127161106b.jpg0127161108.jpg

It has been quite the time since I posted! Here are some updated pics, I just got a refill for another year of finasteride and was reminded of here. My hair is obviously longer which makes it look better. Also, I didn't shower and had minoxidil in my hair right before I took these pics, so it's a mess. Overall, definite improvement.

Note* I still use minoxidil just once a day, I have always been lazy to start twice! But I really should do twice a day.

M.G

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks like a great improvement. I mean comparing some of ur baseline pics you were almost bald at the midscalp, and now you can cover the whole area, although still somewhat thin.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Do minoxidil 2/day...it made a difference for me vs 1/day while on 1mg finasteride ED.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Do minoxidil 2/day...it made a difference for me vs 1/day while on 1mg finasteride ED.

dont you hate going about your day with minoxidil in your hair though? im contemplating going back to 2 times a day, but that morning application that lasts through the day is a big stretch lol

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
dont you hate going about your day with minoxidil in your hair though? im contemplating going back to 2 times a day, but that morning application that lasts through the day is a big stretch lol

Your questioned wasn't directed at me. But I definitely find 2 times a day to be a hassle. My hair is a lot longer now than it's been in like years and I find the minoxidil makes my hair look really bad. However when I keep my haircut (mainly the bangs) tight I find the foam is pretty much unnoticeable.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I kind of cheat though in the mornings. Right when I wake up, I shower and then blow dry my hair til it's bone dry, apply minoxidil, and then finish my routine until I'm about to go to work. The last thing I do is then blow dry my hair again to dry out the minoxidil completely and then style my hair. All in all, the minoxidil will have been sitting in my hair 45-60 minutes minimum, so I figure it will have had to have some effect soaking into my brain before I dry it all out.

On the weekend in the morning, depending on what I'm supposed to do that day, I apply and then wear a hat or apply midday if I know I'm not going out somewhere. It requires some forethought.