is Finasteride worth it? ??????? do you regret it?

is finasteride worth it?

• yes

Votes: 8 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 5 38.5%

• Total voters

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
im considering stopping finasteride.
but i think ill regret stopping it. I dont get any sides per say. lower libido i suppose.
I know it's not optimal supressing DHT but i need my hair
also it feels good to just take ur daily pill and not have to worry about ur hair getting worse

vs
constantly worry about ur norwood getting worse

ill probably stay on finasteride but i feel like i'd be more aggressive in getting dates and chasing women and in general off the drug.
its a tough dilemma
im already on a small dosage as well but seems to be working well.

is finasteride worth it?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
im considering stopping finasteride.
but i think ill regret stopping it. I dont get any sides per say. lower libido i suppose.
I know it's not optimal supressing DHT but i need my hair
also it feels good to just take ur daily pill and not have to worry about ur hair getting worse

vs
constantly worry about ur norwood getting worse

ill probably stay on finasteride but i feel like i'd be more aggressive in getting dates and chasing women and in general off the drug.
its a tough dilemma
im already on a small dosage as well but seems to be working well.

is finasteride worth it?
The question should be is saving as much hair as you can worth it? And how much would you sacrifice to do save it? Ask yourself that. Do you want to buy "insurance" or live without it?

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The question should be is saving as much hair as you can worth it? And how much would you sacrifice to do save it? Ask yourself that. Do you want to buy "insurance" or live without it?
i just know if i stop, and my hair gets worse, i'll panic and freak out so i gues ill have to stay on this shitty drug.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
i just know if i stop, and my hair gets worse, i'll panic and freak out so i gues ill have to stay on this shitty drug.
I have been on the shitty drug for over 16 years and it won't stop hair loss in it's tracks. Genetics in my case are starting to win.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
then do you regret taking it in the first place?
higher dht you missed out on
Yes. It caused some other problems I don't like to admit. And don't ask cause I won't tell.

ramla

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have taken propecia/finanstride since 2012 with good result. But somtimes i get low sex drive. When i cut out, my i get high drive back. Not big side effects. I will try tropical finanstride, maybe its better.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Why no jump on dutasteride?
I did. No significant improvement and got more sides. And I had legit dutasteride and every time I took it got a huge stomach cramp.

DyingOfTheLight

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No one can answer that question meaningfully, since it all depends on your personal reaction. The majority of people don't notice anything at all. I'm sceptic towards the claim that it can lead to some kind of rapid, undefined/subjective hypogonadism, since finasteride actually elevates T levels in most users.
Of course, people on here have a higher degree of neuroticism than the average normie who just takes his pill and doesn't ruminate all day on the possibility of side effects, so it's no wonder they are overreported.

Personally I'm not a big fan of the stuff myself. Its mechanism of action is too broad and almost archaic in that sense. It's incredible they haven't produced something more modern and specialized by now. But since it's still the most powerful tool in your arsenal ( if you don't want to endager your health too much) everyone who's depressed about his hairloss should give it a test run

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not worth it IMO. First, the sides are real, it might take some time that they hit you but they definitely will. Second, not everyone gets regrowth on it, it just slows down your hair loss.

If you are really interested, go to a good endocrinologist, and they will explain you how endocrine system reacts slowly in hindering normal production of hormones when it is imbalanced.

Even if you decide to go on finasteride, make an informed choice.

Feelsbadman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not worth it IMO. First, the sides are real, it might take some time that they hit you but they definitely will. Second, not everyone gets regrowth on it, it just slows down your hair loss.

If you are really interested, go to a good endocrinologist, and they will explain you how endocrine system reacts slowly in hindering normal production of hormones when it is imbalanced.

Even if you decide to go on finasteride, make an informed choice.
But then ill go bald and start panicking?

Stating facts

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But then ill go bald and start panicking?
Well, maybe if your genes are destined to take you to nw3 and ahead then you will. You can try hair systems, scalp micropigmentation if you are confident to rock buzz cuts.

Again, I did not say don't take finasteride but rather that it's not worth it, and you should make informed choice.
Decision is yours.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Been on it for 13 years and I don't like taking it, but for me I believe that losing my hair would be worse. You have to decide for yourself if it's worth it based on the side effects you get and how effective it is for you in stopping hair loss. For me, it's very effective and my sides are practically non-existent.

Having said this, I highly recommend experimenting with micro-dosing finasteride. I definitely felt better on a lower dose vs 1mg. 0.67mg is my magical dose where I don't shed but don't seem to get sides. On 1mg, I get minor brain fog and slightly lower libido.