Is Feriduni Still Considered Top hair transplant Surgeon In Europe?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I have written a full review with photos on another site - not sure if I'm allowed to post a link but if you go to the Hair Restoration Network forum and search for "Norwood 4, 2100 grafts, FUE, Dr Lupanzula, Mar-20", you'll see my review there in all it's glory.

PS - would love to know the name of the Spanish forum.
I read your story and honestly I think 2100 grafts was not enough to cover the areas you had. That's just my opinion. I do see an improvement from your before photos so it was not really a failed transplant. You think it failed because of your LPP condition?

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes he is. He is in the top 5

Freitas, Couto, Pinto are the top 3.

Feriduni, Lorenzo, Vila, Ferreira the next 4.

Top 10 is completed by Ozgur (HLC) and some fresh blood from Spain having sick results.

Spain has the best surgeons followed by Portugal. Then Belgium (Lupanzula, Mwamba and Feriduni). Feriduni is the best in Belgium

I have ad surgery with most of them!
@Mustand, would you recommend HLC DR. OZGUR as the only one in HLC that is very good surgeon.
I have had a Transplant with Dr. Cinik Instanbul. Unfortunately it's a complete failure only 1000 grew and most of them are thin. I think the problem might be me as far as the AR sensitivity in the scalp or they fucked everything. I am so sad I was so desperate to atleast have an OK hairline.
I cannot stand the fact that even with Donor Hair and transplant. I cannot have hair in front.
Very Sad
Thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Mustand, would you recommend HLC DR. OZGUR as the only one in HLC that is very good surgeon.
I have had a Transplant with Dr. Cinik Instanbul. Unfortunately it's a complete failure only 1000 grew and most of them are thin. I think the problem might be me as far as the AR sensitivity in the scalp or they fucked everything. I am so sad I was so desperate to atleast have an OK hairline.
I cannot stand the fact that even with Donor Hair and transplant. I cannot have hair in front.
Very Sad
Thanks
Can you embellish on this? I had a bad transplant and I thought that was rare now with new methods? Do the grafts not take or are they not productive? Many of mine that did grow were thin and jutted out in the wrong directions and my scalp has itched for 25 years now everywhere. I think generally only the hair line should be attempted since baldness often peters out in front but rarely other places.

Last edited:

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. Grafts are thin no length. They take for ever to grow 1 in. Grafts are kinky. You can see a lot of Grafts very Thin like velus hair.
But what make the difference is that after 18 month I see no significant esthetical improvement.

I did a DHI I am sure that Technician were mis handling the grafts with the DHI Pen.

SmartSelect_20210902-223306_Snapchat.jpg

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for your answer. Grafts are thin no length. They take for ever to grow 1 in. Grafts are kinky. You can see a lot of Grafts very Thin like velus hair.
But what make the difference is that after 18 month I see no significant esthetical improvement.

I did a DHI I am sure that Technician were mis handling the grafts with the DHI Pen.

View attachment 168801
So basically my same experience. I would start microneedling immediately. You will see immediate scabbing of grafts that are cobblestoned or that lack good nutrient supplies. Most of my hair coming out now is kinked sort of right in the middle of the strands and often it looks like a tiny noose. The grafts have gotten much less visible but any thin spots are where the scar tissue is still being eroded. What happens is that the tissue lacks the lattice framework most tissue has. This makes it weaker but with wounds, the body has low priority in healing this tissue since probably always because survival mandates closing wounds as quickly as possible without all of the niceties like blending in or forming strong bonds with the rest of the tissue. Massage can work but it takes forever and is usually used more so on athletes.

My friend Capone whose opinion I trust is someone you might ask also. He says the baby doll aspect is rare now but you clearly have that in front. It's probably less noticeable from normal distances of course. Some vellus hair might lessen the doll hair look which is why I say my former mantra was coverage is coverage but shitty hair just for coverage is pretty eh.

Last edited:

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Very Sad
Thanks

Yes I would.
Not only Ozgur but also his team of surgeons are all great and they get consistent good results.

You can go to HLC and expect a good result.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically my same experience. I would start microneedling immediately. You will see immediate scabbing of grafts that are cobblestoned or that lack good nutrient supplies. Most of my hair coming out now is kinked sort of right in the middle of the strands and often it looks like a tiny noose. The grafts have gotten much less visible but any thin spots are where the scar tissue is still being eroded. What happens is that the tissue lacks the lattice framework most tissue has. This makes it weaker but with wounds, the body has low priority in healing this tissue since probably always because survival mandates closing wounds as quickly as possible without all of the niceties like blending in or forming strong bonds with the rest of the tissue. Massage can work but it takes forever and is usually used more so on athletes.

My friend Capone whose opinion I trust is someone you might ask also. He says the baby doll aspect is rare now but you clearly have that in front. It's probably less noticeable from normal distances of course. Some vellus hair might lessen the doll hair look which is why I say my former mantra was coverage is coverage but shitty hair just for coverage is pretty eh.
Thank you for the feedback.

I started microneedling 1 week ago. So I will continue every week to microneedle. I knew as well with time that my hair growth was not right. I just tought I have too much androgens sensitivity in the scalp.

Is you Hair transplant recovered a bit. The worse thing is to spend the money time and grafts on failed hair transplant.

Thanks

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback.

I started microneedling 1 week ago. So I will continue every week to microneedle. I knew as well with time that my hair growth was not right. I just tought I have too much androgens sensitivity in the scalp.

Is you Hair transplant recovered a bit. The worse thing is to spend the money time and grafts on failed hair transplant.

Thanks
Yes plus you ruined/scar tissue in the fringe and many of us found that we had diffuse thinning all along. People who get preventative transplants which I don't think are done now, like me, have the triple effect. Hair that was terminal on my scalp was removed to place plugs that didn't grow and then I turned out to scar "worse" according to the surgeon's whose own transplant looked hideous. The place had a ringer who was NW7 but had such high and perfect fringe as to look perfect even in the olden days. Nobody seems to remember or know what makes a transplant like going back to 19 but it's a situation where you only want to move perfect fringe to the new area.

I would press almost hard enough to bleed but this is personal choice. When I started 25 months back, many were still saying that blood means it's working and it might if many people otherwise don't press hard enough. Different needle lengths hurt differently, not just more as you increase mm.

maballack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes plus you ruined/scar tissue in the fringe and many of us found that we had diffuse thinning all along. People who get preventative transplants which I don't think are done now, like me, have the triple effect. Hair that was terminal on my scalp was removed to place plugs that didn't grow and then I turned out to scar "worse" according to the surgeon's whose own transplant looked hideous. The place had a ringer who was NW7 but had such high and perfect fringe as to look perfect even in the olden days. Nobody seems to remember or know what makes a transplant like going back to 19 but it's a situation where you only want to move perfect fringe to the new area.

I would press almost hard enough to bleed but this is personal choice. When I started 25 months back, many were still saying that blood means it's working and it might if many people otherwise don't press hard enough. Different needle lengths hurt differently, not just more as you increase mm.
Is its necessary to bleed during microneedling. I will be 1mm depth derma Pen.
I think some studies showed that 1 mm and 1.5 mm once a week showed the most recruitment of Growth Factors to the Scalp.
Do you think I can still get the thin and short Transplanted hairs to grow with microneedling.
Thanks

Mustang

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can use growth factors exogenously via topical absorption with just 0.5mm and avoid the creation of scar tissue.