Is Asmed Still One Of The Best For Hairlines?

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have managed to save up for a second transplant after a previously unsatisfactory result at a clinic in Liverpool.

Asmed have said I require 3000 grafts in my frontal area.

On thing that is worrying me is that I keep reading some recent reviews where the density of the transplant is not that good and the surgery hasn't even been performed by Dr Erdogan himself whereas previously Asmed seemed to be the first thing mentioned when it came to hairline density.

This coupled with the fact that my main concern with my previous transplant was the lack of density in the frontal hairline.

Can anyone recommend a similar clinic in Turkey or perhaps the UK for my second transplant which will definitely give a dense hairline?

I know asking for a UK clinic is a huge longshot though.

This is one of the recent reviews that I've seen and if you skip to the 11 minute mark you will see that the density he has is not much more than my own disappointing result (he says he is wearing toppik in the video itself):-

I have attached my pictures that I sent to Asmed

Attachments

• dry-back.JPG
    dry-back.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 668
  • dry-front.JPG
    dry-front.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 668
  • dry-front-down.JPG
    dry-front-down.JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 657
  • dry-left.JPG
    dry-left.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 599
  • dry-right.JPG
    dry-right.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 580
  • dry-top.JPG
    dry-top.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 628
  • wet-back.JPG
    wet-back.JPG
    78.9 KB · Views: 593
  • wet-front.JPG
    wet-front.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 614
  • wet-front-down.JPG
    wet-front-down.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 620
  • wet-left.JPG
    wet-left.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 591
  • wet-right.JPG
    wet-right.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 561
  • wet-top.JPG
    wet-top.JPG
    85.8 KB · Views: 614
Last edited:

JonnyL

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with Asmed is that you don't know what team of techs you're going to get. They do various patients a day. I've even heard of guys now specifically asking if they can have a particular technician for their surgery. Lol.

I would suggest looking at Dr. Demirsoy (Armamed) if you want a Doctor in Turkey. One patient a day and the same team of techs he works with. He also does extractions and incisions himself.

If your'e looking at England, look at Dr Ball (Maitland Clinic) or Dr Reddy.

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with Asmed is that you don't know what team of techs you're going to get. They do various patients a day. I've even heard of guys now specifically asking if they can have a particular technician for their surgery. Lol.

I would suggest looking at Dr. Demirsoy (Armamed) if you want a Doctor in Turkey. One patient a day and the same team of techs he works with. He also does extractions and incisions himself.

If your'e looking at England, look at Dr Ball (Maitland Clinic) or Dr Reddy.

Thank you very much Jonny. I know what you mean and I thought that was a bit of a risk too - travelling over to Turkey, booking flights and paying extra cost etc for Erdogan and only getting a team of technicians who could potentially be novices compared to him.

I don't even actually feel comfortable travelling to Turkey to be honest. Going through 2 airports on the way home covered in blood and bandages, possibly swollen etc. My last transplant was more convenient as it was a 40 minute drive away so I was in and out.

I've just looked at Maitland and one thing I noticed is that they don't seem to have many results and the results they do have they seem to go from either a lot of hair loss to a little bit less of a lot of hair loss and a receding hairline to slightly less of a receding hairline.

I am looking for something like in the picture attached below which Asmed said would be about 3000 grafts. Do you think that would be possible while still looking good with a UK hair clinic:-

h2.JPG

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just had my hair transplant at ASMED - hairline and temples, sitting on day 23 now.. I have posted about my experience and will continue updating up until 6-9 month mark, please have a read and track it... Then you can judge if asmed is still good or not I guess.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you very much Jonny. I know what you mean and I thought that was a bit of a risk too - travelling over to Turkey, booking flights and paying extra cost etc for Erdogan and only getting a team of technicians who could potentially be novices compared to him.

I don't even actually feel comfortable travelling to Turkey to be honest. Going through 2 airports on the way home covered in blood and bandages, possibly swollen etc. My last transplant was more convenient as it was a 40 minute drive away so I was in and out.

I've just looked at Maitland and one thing I noticed is that they don't seem to have many results and the results they do have they seem to go from either a lot of hair loss to a little bit less of a lot of hair loss and a receding hairline to slightly less of a receding hairline.

I am looking for something like in the picture attached below which Asmed said would be about 3000 grafts. Do you think that would be possible while still looking good with a UK hair clinic:-

View attachment 108732

should the redline supposed to be your future hairline?

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've just had my hair transplant at ASMED - hairline and temples, sitting on day 23 now.. I have posted about my experience and will continue updating up until 6-9 month mark, please have a read and track it... Then you can judge if asmed is still good or not I guess.
Thanks Maverick looks great. I've looked at Maitland in London and that would literally cost twice as much as Asmed.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hopefully. A bit of a rough drawing but something similar. That seem too over the top?

this will be your future

natural-hairline-bad-celebrity-hair-transplant-png.png

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/which-density-do-i-need-to-avoid-such-a-result.109874/

you should educate yourself about density (and which density is possible in general with hairtransplant), how you keep balding after an transplant etc

80% of hairtransplant look only good with concealer...and if your hair gets wet its game over anyways...you will never reach natural density...never

BalderBaldyBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this will be your future

View attachment 108962

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/threads/which-density-do-i-need-to-avoid-such-a-result.109874/

you should educate yourself about density (and which density is possible in general with hairtransplant), how you keep balding after an transplant etc

80% of hairtransplant look only good with concealer...and if your hair gets wet its game over anyways...you will never reach natural density...never

Geez, those plugs, hair transplant is the scariest sh*t, what can you possibly do after that ?

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Geez, those plugs, hair transplant is the scariest sh*t, what can you possibly do after that ?

i think its possible to relocate the grafts...if i were him i would ask a surgeon to give me a less aggressive hairline and try to densepack a norwood 2 hairline

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this will be your future

View attachment 108962

Ha. It's funny because when I had my last transplant I went to the same clinic as that guy in the picture hence why I'm going for another one.

What about if I get the hairline lowered slightly and get smp too to conceal further? That was my eventual plan. I have heard of people getting smp specifically to conceal thin transplants.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ha. It's funny because when I had my last transplant I went to the same clinic as that guy in the picture hence why I'm going for another one.

What about if I get the hairline lowered slightly and get smp too to conceal further? That was my eventual plan. I have heard of people getting smp specifically to conceal thin transplants.

total waste of follicles...keep in mind there is a big possibility that you keep balding behind your transplant so its nice to have some hairfolicles left to deal with this

besides low hairline with sh*t density look like sh*t

if i were you i would indeed go for a 2 transplant but only to get more density ..dont change the hairline

but thats my opinion in the end you decide

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
total waste of follicles...keep in mind there is a big possibility that you keep balding behind your transplant so its nice to have some hairfolicles left to deal with this

besides low hairline with sh*t density look like sh*t

if i were you i would indeed go for a 2 transplant but only to get more density ..dont change the hairline

but thats my opinion in the end you decide

The hairline definitely needs thickening and straightening slightly as it looks thinner in real life but I also desperately need the temporal points working on which asmed seem to be great at because at the moment that temporal points are so far back making my forehead look very wide.

In theory once the hairline itself is stabilised if someone were to bald further couldn't body hair etc be used for areas such as the crown and vertex for a little more density? I know that sounds silly but I'm talking worst case scenario.

couldntthinkofaname

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The hairline definitely needs thickening and straightening slightly as it looks thinner in real life but I also desperately need the temporal points working on which asmed seem to be great at because at the moment that temporal points are so far back making my forehead look very wide.

In theory once the hairline itself is stabilised if someone were to bald further couldn't body hair etc be used for areas such as the crown and vertex for a little more density? I know that sounds silly but I'm talking worst case scenario.

wet-top-jpg.jpg

i just saw this

your hair looks like this and you are seriously considering an even more aggressive hairline and restorage of your temple points?

let me put in this way....its over for your temple points...unless a miracle happens and we find a permanent solution for hairloss you will see your temple points never again

why?

you are diffuse thinning all over behind your transplant...you are on direct way to norwood 5 bro

norwoodscale.gif

and this also one of the reasons why your hairtransplant looks so not dense..because you already start to bald behind the implant...light comes from the front, from above and from behind to the transplanted area...

what is your regimen bro?

you need aggressive treatment just to save what you even have now...

educate yourself about finasteride, duta, spironolactone etc

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have managed to save up for a second transplant after a previously unsatisfactory result at a clinic in Liverpool.

Asmed have said I require 3000 grafts in my frontal area.

On thing that is worrying me is that I keep reading some recent reviews where the density of the transplant is not that good and the surgery hasn't even been performed by Dr Erdogan himself whereas previously Asmed seemed to be the first thing mentioned when it came to hairline density.

This coupled with the fact that my main concern with my previous transplant was the lack of density in the frontal hairline.

Can anyone recommend a similar clinic in Turkey or perhaps the UK for my second transplant which will definitely give a dense hairline?

I know asking for a UK clinic is a huge longshot though.

This is one of the recent reviews that I've seen and if you skip to the 11 minute mark you will see that the density he has is not much more than my own disappointing result (he says he is wearing toppik in the video itself):-

I have attached my pictures that I sent to Asmed
If I were you, I would lower the hairline by maybe 1cm max but my main focus would be on adding density to front and mid.

The back half can be done with beard hair. But don't go and lower your hairline like crazy man.

el_duterino

Reaction score
a beautiful woman will look even better with makeup, a guy with a hair transplant will look much better wit some make-up too, to make the scalp darker if you have dark hair and white skin..I would lower the hairline more like in the red line and be open to use some concealer on a regular basis

I could hair less

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a bad first transplant like you said. Absolutely no artistry. A straight hairline can be amazing but as someone said, in a high forehead location and with poor density behind? It's simply not believable and it looks like amateur work with all that balding behind too. That said the Kyle Christie transplant is a hot debate. The picture shared on this thread was not the final result and I think he had a spectacular result unless someone shows me his density being otherwise after one year. The only real risk with going so low is not getting the required density or later balding without good donor reserves, but I don't think he had serious balding and has reserves.

Some people naturally have Kyle's hairline with a good forehead, but in his case it obviously doesn't look fully natural since having too much hair on the forehead beyond the scalp forehead junction looks weird. Some hair transplant experts on bald truth called it fake looking, others said it was exaggerated perfection. I remember me @DoctorHouse saying it looked like the latter. A lot of other factors come into play in pulling this off, personally I think he does, it's far from over kill or ridiculous even if some natural element has been lost. I consider his case like getting larger than usual breast implants or lip augmentation where it's obvious what's been done but that's the whole point in this situation, peacocking in this manner. Most importantly, he's happy. But imagine this on a guy who is balding bad, unattractive (makes a difference), would look like a total surgical mess drawing further attention. Kyle might not be conventionally handsome and looks feminine/metro but it's a niche that pulls this hairline off.

View attachment 109025

Your first surgeon made the mistake of treating you like a template, each patient is unique. In your situation what you needed was a Norwood 1.5/2 with the corners about half a cm higher and tons of work behind. I don't quite know why you want to lower it razor straight again when you have all that loss behind, it won't look right.

My suggestion: 2000 grafts all on top, take finasteride, get temple points, lower the centre half a cm and soften the rest of the hairline. Perfection simply won't look right in your case, hairline design is an art tailored to needs. Opt for something like below:

View attachment 109026

View attachment 109027

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps you have a lot of donor hair (10K) and your surgeon can make it all perfect from the front to the back. Know your numbers, future loss and medication response. Definitely you need temple points regardless and hopefully some hairline work even if it's not what you envisaged, it will still be an improvement on what you have now which doesn't look right. Only frontal surgery will possibly transform the face so get it right! Rest is just to not be bald but little direct cosmetic effect.

that middle hair transplant is very good, dense and natural

Maverick91

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a bad first transplant like you said. Absolutely no artistry. A straight hairline can be amazing but as someone said, in a high forehead location and with poor density behind? It's simply not believable and it looks like amateur work with all that balding behind too. That said the Kyle Christie transplant is a hot debate. The picture shared on this thread was not the final result and I think he had a spectacular result unless someone shows me his density being otherwise after one year. The only real risk with going so low is not getting the required density or later balding without good donor reserves, but I don't think he had serious balding and has reserves.

Some people naturally have Kyle's hairline with a good forehead, but in his case it obviously doesn't look fully natural since having too much hair on the forehead beyond the scalp forehead junction looks weird. Some hair transplant experts on bald truth called it fake looking, others said it was exaggerated perfection. I remember me @DoctorHouse saying it looked like the latter. A lot of other factors come into play in pulling this off, personally I think he does, it's far from over kill or ridiculous even if some natural element has been lost. I consider his case like getting larger than usual breast implants or lip augmentation where it's obvious what's been done but that's the whole point in this situation, peacocking in this manner. Most importantly, he's happy. But imagine this on a guy who is balding bad, unattractive (makes a difference), would look like a total surgical mess drawing further attention. Kyle might not be conventionally handsome and looks feminine/metro but it's a niche that pulls this hairline off.

View attachment 109025

Your first surgeon made the mistake of treating you like a template, each patient is unique. In your situation what you needed was a Norwood 1.5/2 with the corners about half a cm higher and tons of work behind. I don't quite know why you want to lower it razor straight again when you have all that loss behind, it won't look right.

My suggestion: 2000 grafts all on top, take finasteride, get temple points, lower the centre half a cm and soften the rest of the hairline. Perfection simply won't look right in your case, hairline design is an art tailored to needs. Opt for something like below:

View attachment 109026

View attachment 109027

Maybe I'm wrong, perhaps you have a lot of donor hair (10K) and your surgeon can make it all perfect from the front to the back. Know your numbers, future loss and medication response. Definitely you need temple points regardless and hopefully some hairline work even if it's not what you envisaged, it will still be an improvement on what you have now which doesn't look right. Only frontal surgery will possibly transform the face so get it right! Rest is just to not be bald but little direct cosmetic effect.
Hi wolf pack, would you be able to review my transplant on my page. I had mine reconstructed. Now worried a little if it may be too low because I don't want that unnatural look!

Let me know your thoughts on my post op pics!

gazzadasnail

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 109025

View attachment 109026

View attachment 109027

Thanks Wolf. One thing I forgot to mention in my opening post is that in my last transplant I had the top worked on too which is why it looks thin as that is the result of my previous 5000 grafts transplant in which they worked on the top, the crown and lowered the hairline.

Thanks for you suggestions. I plan to have a little work done on the top too if possible. I was planning on getting smp to give the illusion of density especially to my donor area which will likely look very thin after this. Do you know of anyone who has had experience with this? i.e. a hair transplant in combination with smp which is meant to make the hair transplant look thicker with longer hair?