Is anyone self conscious of their height as well as their hair?

Betapaw

Reaction score
Hey Chris, for the original answer I had the 17 year-old Escapist in mind, because I am certain he can gain a few more inches or should at least find another physician to discuss the matter. As in the case of someone at your age, I would suggest to maybe consider online poster printing to order biiig images of themselves and have them hanged instead of the mirrors around the apartment. Or understanding that it ain't the height, but the punch that counts! ;)

HairPieceMan

Reaction score
I just heard back from the doctor after getting my growth plates examined, and its official. I'm all growed up.
I am 17, and at 5 foot 11 and a half inches, I'm no longer going up.

erm, ok, you are in the 75th percentile of height for your region, you are actually a tall man at this height, more a low tall/high medium.

One thing I feel lacking in is height.

rofl how can you feel you lack in height when 70% of men are shorter than you in the room?

I really hate being under 6 foot.
I feel like if I'm not 6 or 6'2, I'm short.

it's official, some people on this forum ARE mentally handicapped.

here are some quotes for you for reference.

Regular height for a man ranges between 5-foot-8 and 5-foot-11, while "short" for men, ranges between 5-foot-4 and 5-foot-7. Now, even if you don't reach the average height, there's no reason to feel insecure or lacking in any way.

In a study by Hensley, women most preferred a man who was 6ft tall

there you go, you are 1cm away from perfection in height!

In a study by Graziano et. al. similar results showed that men of medium height (5'9"- 5'11") were rated as more attractive over shorter (5'5"- 5'7") or taller men (6'2"- 6'4"), regardless of the height of the women (4'10"- 6'1").

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
I wish I was taller, 6.2-6.3 would be a great height, and would have compensated a bit for my ugly looks.
I am just average height, and ugly.

Reaction score
I'm self conscious of my hunch back and short torso / long legs. I think I look like cr*p from a distance. Being short is a bit bad. Being bald is bad too. But I think a prominent hunch back is just as bad if not worse.

Reaction score
I don't feel short around women. I don't even feel short when I'm sitting around with my guy friends. But when we all stand up, that is when I realize they are taller than me. The inches matter. If I wear roller blades and go indoors where women are not expecting them, and they just look across at me, thinking I'm tall... they look at me different. They also treat me much better if I wear a baseball cap. I'm on the edge of impressing them and really see a difference with such changes. I'm 5-8.

Guys taller than me get 3 women circling them at once.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
If I wear roller blades and go indoors where women are not expecting them, and they just look across at me, thinking I'm tall... they look at me different.

This is why I wear roller blades 24 hours a day. Women look at me and I know they're admiring my height, my stature. Men cower in fear as I glide past them, 6'5 of straight alpha male.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
This is why I wear roller blades 24 hours a day. Women look at me and I know they're admiring my height, my stature. Men cower in fear as I glide past them, 6'5 of straight alpha male.

This so much, I can't express how important roller blades were for me during my bald days, of course that all changed when I was challenged to a skate off by the best roller skater in town. I got my *** handed to me on a plate and ever since I have had to come back down to earth and accept I will never be a roller blade master.

latenight

Reaction score
Im 6'3 and feel short.... I think social circles have alot to do with it. If you look like quasimodo and hangout with the fabio crowd your gonna constantly feel inadequate. Same as being a jockey chillin with nba players. I would be considered average for my group.

shookwun

Reaction score
This so much, I can't express how important roller blades were for me during my bald days, of course that all changed when I was challenged to a skate off by the best roller skater in town. I got my *** handed to me on a plate and ever since I have had to come back down to earth and accept I will never be a roller blade master.

Don't forgot to be shaven with a goatee and equipped with aviators for maximum appeal.

wilson2

Established Member
Reaction score
5'9 master height reporting in. Brb don't have to worry about intimidating guys or having to bother with women wanting to get with me.

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread has given me the biggest laugh I've had in a long time. All you poor 5'11 guys, it must be so tough for you. I'm 5'4 (and a half lol)! The thing is I still get a lot of attention from girls because I'm pretty good looking. I've found that I can actually make my lack of height work for me and, in a way, add to my overall attractiveness. Some girls find it "cute".
Having said that if/when I lose my hair it's probably game over because short and bald is not good. You can possibly get away with one or the other but both together? Go home son!

Jimbo5

Established Member
Reaction score
5-4, eh, Funky

Here's a little rule of thumb for my balding brethren to keep in mind...

For every $100K increase in your net worth, you can add a half inch to your height, one quarter inch to your junk, and subtract one from your Norwood number.

So, in my case, instead of seeing a 5-10 crown diffuser with average-size junk standing in the driveway when my girlfriend rolls down the window of the Benz ... she sees a 6-6 full head who's hung like American Pharoah...

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 6'4", muscular, very good looking, have a hot wife, full head of hair, and make well into 6 figures. I'm only self conscious about my average wiener...it depresses me sometimes and have weird fetishes to compensate. Funny how things are all relative.

g.i joey

Reaction score
5'11 and im grateful to be above average.. my friends 5'6 and ive tried to pass girls to him at clubs and they literally say "awww nooo hes too shortt!!!" anything over 5'8 is fine really, just date a girl shorter than you, not that to hard to find really.