Is anyone a vegetarian?

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am a vegeterian. Not even eggs. They say diet helps control hairloss. If thats the case, if I were eating fatty meat all through, I would have been NW5-6 by now.

G

Hello hairhaircomeagain, how long have you been a vegetarian?

Yes, I heard DHT levels descrese dramatically by being a vegetarian

I also heard some people recovered their hair. :eek:

I have read you have been losing it for 8 years now, and you are only NW2 and never been on a regimen, so it looks like being a vegetarian has helped you a lot or? :eek:

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i am a vegetarian all my life ( no eggs, no meat, no fish, no chicken ). I take cheese and milk though.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah i am aswell

im 20 ive been vegetarian since i was like 5

but i started balding way early (about age 15) so who knows

powersam

Reaction score
this should be in the womens hairloss forum

markelbentley

Established Member
Reaction score
this should be in the womens hairloss forum

lol

i was born a vegetarian. i didnt eat meat until i got stoned one time when i was about 15, then i started eating it all the time:). I quit for about two years because i realized it was unhealthy and may have been a cause for hairloss. I realized that eating fast food is unhealthy and that I can eat meat if it is the right kind and prepared properly. So i started eating meat again. Also, in the two years that I quit, I didnt see any improvement in hair, hair actually got a lot worse. So, diet wasnt the issue for me. Being a vege probably makes your hair thinner if you dont get enough protein from milk and eggs and peanut butter and such...who knows? i dont.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Vegeterian all my life...So I dont think becoming a vegeterian is goona help "a lot".

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
I've been an ovo-lacto vegetarian for a bit over five years. Haven't really noticed an improvement in my hair. I was losing it a bit before I quit eating meat, and I continued to lose it after I quit eating meat.

socks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If anyone thinks eating only veggies helps hairloss then I suggest looking up a country singer by the name of Dwight Yokam... He's a vegetarian and a full blown NW6/7 without his hat on.

Goingat20

Reaction score
do you guys put on muscle even though use are vegetarians?

oDD_LotS

Reaction score
Goingat20: When I apply myself to working out and upping my protein intake I can definitely put on some good muscle.

For an example of how a vegetarian (a vegan, actually) can put on muscle, check out Mike Mahler.

Felk

Reaction score
Even if it is true that vegetarianism does decrease dht levels, you'd have to be a very careful vegetarian or use supplements to see any benefit.

Hair is mainly made of protein, and i watched a documentary where a vegetarian who had diffuse thinning was advised to eat lots of eggs to account for lost protein to help his condition....

vegeguy

Reaction score
been a vegetarian for 5 months

been a veg for 5 months and had diffused thinning on top...was a little shocked at first but I think it is due to reduction in DHT in my body ... will keep everyone posted ...

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Muscles has always been a big problem for me. For a vegeterian to get the right protiens the choice is limited and some of them are in uncommon food types like Chick Peas and legumes.

I dont even remeber how many times I have gobe to the gym 3-4 months and then stopped coz I just cant get muscles. For my 6 years in college ( Bachelors + Masters ) I have partnered with so many other guys, but I stop, coz they grow and I remain the same..and you know what food habits we have in school....Pizza is the staple diet. Anyways, I have started the muscle cycle again and this time trying to take lot of protiens...Hopefull may see some good results this time...maybe on the hair front too

sublime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Everyone needs to take into account that being a veggie eater will bring you zero benefit if you live off of processed food. I know plenty of vegetarians whose diet consists of snack cakes, taco bell and pizza. If you cut out meat and do not eat accordingly then you are screwed in regards to the health benefits. It some cases as mentioned above you make your health worse.

It is true veggie eaters have a harder time putting on and keeping muscle mass. This is true for me. I eat quite a bit of guac to maintain weight and muscle. Coconut and olive oil are great helps as well plus they are really good for your body.

A lot of it just comes down to diet and eating healthy foods.

vegeguy

Reaction score
responsible eating

Hi,

I think that when someone decides to become a vegetarian, I think he/she already has become a highly conscious consumer of food and nutrition...I have been eating healthy for several years before going to full vegetarian. I highly recommend being one but you have to be careful.

If you are a vegetarian consuming processing food, you won't last as a vegetarian for long...you body will probably go into shock...

Going full-blow vege is hard too...you have to be careful not to let your testorone level go to low...I try to put a little dairy or tuna in my diet or cheat once a week to get my testorone level up a little..you will know when you are low on testosterone

CCS

Reaction score
I eat a lot of beans and rice and soy protein. getting protein as a vegetarian is easy.

many vegetables have protein to. you just have to know what to complement them with to get complete protein. and i don't shoot for perfectly complete anyway, as long as i get enough. i'm aiming for high arginine.

i'm not a vegetarian though. i have whey protein, drink some skim milk, eat canned mackerel, and microwave an ounce of lean beef every once in a while.

The most important part of building muscle is to do get 60% carbohydrates, 20% non-saturated fats, 20% protein, and eat 4-7 small meals per day, with this calory break down in each one, and a good snack before and after a hard workout, with some fruit juice after. Get 90 grams of protein per day, and don't try to get more than 25 grams per 3 hours because you will not absorb it.

and you need plenty of water to break down the amino acids in your stomach.

s.a.f

Reaction score
I cant believe there are guys out there who think that going veggie will help them keep their hair. :hairy: If your gonna lose it, your gonna lose it. Next time you see a guy with a full head of hair try asking him about his (special) diet and what supplements/vitamins he takes. :D