Is 26 too old to date an 18 year old (19 next week)?

monitoradiation

Established Member
Reaction score
follicle84 said:
Half your age plus seven is the moral social rule to work out what is socially acceptable for relationships. But i say your only as old as you feel and if you are both able to relate to each other on the same maturity level then you are good for each other. You know in your mind what is right. If she acts childish you no its wrong to be with her. If she acts grown up then there's no problem.

The funny thing is that from what I recalled in my psychology textbook of women's desirable age for a male mate is actually roughly the "half the man's age + 7"; For men choosing the age of their mates, if I recalled, there was a very flat region where anywhere between 18 to 50-ish was acceptable, with a slight linear drift. So what men are currently using as a rule of thumb is perhaps what we know women want, instead of what we want.

I'm not exactly sure which engendered which standard first, that the proverb came before or after. Still interesting though :3

CCS

Reaction score
monitoradiation said:
follicle84 said:
Half your age plus seven is the moral social rule to work out what is socially acceptable for relationships. But i say your only as old as you feel and if you are both able to relate to each other on the same maturity level then you are good for each other. You know in your mind what is right. If she acts childish you no its wrong to be with her. If she acts grown up then there's no problem.

The funny thing is that from what I recalled in my psychology textbook of women's desirable age for a male mate is actually roughly the "half the man's age + 7"; For men choosing the age of their mates, if I recalled, there was a very flat region where anywhere between 18 to 50-ish was acceptable, with a slight linear drift. So what men are currently using as a rule of thumb is perhaps what we know women want, instead of what we want.

I'm not exactly sure which engendered which standard first, that the proverb came before or after. Still interesting though :3

I plugged a few numbers into the 1/2 +7, and it looks pretty good in all cases. Amazing. It says I should not go below 21.
Yeah, I don't mind dating 50 year olds as long as they took care of themself. I got hit on by one a few months ago and should have done something about it. Was not sure how to go about it though. I was servicing her house, and she came out to talk to me while I was filling out the paperwork. She climbed right in the passenger side of the company van and just talked about life while I filled out the paperwork. I figured that was flirting motivated, though maybe she just does not get to talk to people much. Should have got her number.

I would meet women at parties, but most are under 21, and if there is alcohol at the party, I could get charged with distribution, or at least as an accomplis to the crime of underage drinking. Or accessory to the crime. I don't even drink, and just want to pay my $5, get in, and chat with the women. But if the police bust the party, I could get charged for distribution or something. Anyone know the laws on this?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Pussy :devil:

follicle84

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It must be harsh in america. You can drink at 18 in the uk and fourteen providing it is in your own home with a parent/gaurdian present.

CCS

Reaction score
I think cops should only crack down on keg stands, beer funnels, power hours, and drunk driving. As long as people are just sipping their beer I don't see what the big deal is. We need to teach 18 year olds to drink responsibly, not keep them from drinking at all.