is .25 even worth it

g.i joey

Reaction score
.5 n up gives me sides but .25 doesn't effect me negatively at all... I notice my skin isn't oily like usual and no pimples on my scalp when I use .25.. but is it really worth being hopeful for MAINTAINING?? Thanks

I had stopped for about a month now due to getting gyno but i shrunk it to an unnoticeable degree.. i wanna be on .25 till I lose about 25 pounds and maybe try a higher dose once I'm more in shape (in hopes of dodging the gyno)

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
g.i joey,

If you can take 0.25 mg of Finasteride daily, which I'm guessing that's the medication you're talking about, that would be excellent. Finasteride is greatly helpful with hair loss if you take at least 0.2 mg or above daily.

So yes, if you can take 0.25 mg daily of Finasteride, it will help a lot if you respond well to the medication at that dose.

If I were you, I would look into the experimental topical anti-androgens such as CB-03-01 and/or RU58841 since there could be a possibility that either one may be needed in your case. That way, you won't need to be totally reliant on Finasteride to save your hair in the long term.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
What agustin said is good - double up with ru. But 0.20 is lowest effective dose - 80% as much as 1 mg when taken daily so it could maintain for sure. Go for it, science does back it. Ideally you want to be half mg plus daily for optimum benefit.

g.i joey

Reaction score
What agustin said is good - double up with ru. But 0.20 is lowest effective dose - 80% as much as 1 mg when taken daily so it could maintain for sure. Go for it, science does back it. Ideally you want to be half mg plus daily for optimum benefit.

I know for a fact I'm a good responder to the meds... I was originally dosing .5 ED and in 3 months noticed a notable difference in hair quality and saw a couple new sprouts along the diffusion at the tip of my hairline... unfortunately I didn't wanna keep growing man tits so o had to stop.. i feel like .25 works due to reduced scalp itchy ness and the fact that my forehead doesn't get all oily after a long day so I just hope maybe after a year I could bump it to .5 without getting the gyno.. but thanks for the reassurement... it sucks when the only proven working med gives u sides

g.i joey

Reaction score
I think .5 is work it. I do less than that a day. (It's liquid, mixed with minoxidil). See a photo I posted and judge for yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

I think when finasteride is combined with minoxidil you can't lose (or maybe you still can, hair of course). Just try it. If you like the results, stick with it. Otherwise, lower it.

Yeah i think the same thing, there was a doctor posting insane yearly results of 2 men tha were on .25mg propecia daily and min 2x a day.. this was on ********************** but I can't seem to find it anymore but the results were really impressive... something to note was that both men were 40+

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah i think the same thing, there was a doctor posting insane yearly results of 2 men tha were on .25mg propecia daily and min 2x a day.. this was on ********************** but I can't seem to find it anymore but the results were really impressive... something to note was that both men were 40+

Yes, older people will respond the best generally to treatment. Could be because it is less aggressive hair loss (less sensitivity) or lower androgen status who knows.

It can work 0.25, no doubt about that. I have upped mine to 1 mg this week but I am not sure it was necessary. More terminals hairs are coming through anyway but this might speed it up.

I agree, you sound like you were heading in the right direction those 3 months you were on it. It does suck big time when you get sides to this. You had genuine sides too but hopefully it's all in the past.

gmiller09

Reaction score
what would be a good dose if someone is on RU? Could someone go even lower than .25mg? what about .0625 mg? im looking into adding finasteride into my regimen in a few months. i do not feel safe inhibiting an enzyme for a very long time. does anyone know how much .0625 inhibt dht? I believe i read something around 30%. im not sure if thats scalp levels or serum. but if im already on RU that should still be enough help keep androgens at bay from my follicles.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Anything is better than nothing I mean no one says you have to inhibit the 70 percent or whatever it is 1mg does to get results. Your just trading sides for effectiveness you cant have both but any amount would have some effect. I would think RU alone would stop almost all androgens but its not so simple. Is the chemical real and pure? Does the vehicle work? A vehicle is not as simple as mix some stuff together and spread it on I mean that is cutting edge stuff that is not easy to do.
I just think stuff like vehicles could hurt the effectiveness of RU a lot if done improperly which most people are because no one knows without r and d into that.

g.i joey

Reaction score
urghh im in such a predicament cause i had stopped finasteride for a good 3 weeks and now im back on .25... its just discouraging seeing the front cm of my hairline all whispy with less volume of hair.. its so weird though i could take anything up till .33, feel no nipple sensitivity and get crazyy morning wood. AS SOON as i go for the half within 2 hours i feel some weird nipple sensitivity and i feel a minor drop in libido, makes me question if it even does anything to fight male pattern baldness at such a low dose... ive realized my normal libido is basically being horny all day.. no matter when good to go.. it does interfere with my thought process sometimes, thats why i was able to talk the hit on finasteride lol..

im gonna stick it out with .33 till i basically go bald or hear of a better treatment that at least has some solid photo results from more than 1 person. Theres no way im going through the hell of having big *** lumps under my nips.. that **** was depressing AS ****.

if i hear at least one more person (besides hellouser) have solid success from RU with pics to prove it (and he wasnt on finasteride or dutasteride) then ill definately get my hands on some.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah it kind of sucks people have to resort to purely experimental stuff like RU but if finasteride fails you there just isnt much left to try

g.i joey

Reaction score
are you on finasteride bruh... if not try .25.. i honestly feel like it has a positive effect on me overall.. no more oily skin on my forehead, i have more energy, no brain fog and i noticed a big reduction in shedding... im someone who even if i have minor sides ill def notice it and not brush it off.. im telling you, give it a try and once you get comfortable with that do .25 in the morning and .25 at night... that is what i will be upping my dose to and doing in about 2 weeks.

abcdefg

Reaction score
When I see my Doctor next I am going to bring up hair and trying propecia. Its just a hard sell because my hair loss is pretty slow and minor still so its hard to tell just looking at it. Certainly less dense than before and itchy with miniaturizing hairs at hair line but its arguable its a mature hairline. I dont know. I dont want a mature hairline. I also am a little concerned taking a drug for years too.

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I see my Doctor next I am going to bring up hair and trying propecia. Its just a hard sell because my hair loss is pretty slow and minor still so its hard to tell just looking at it. Certainly less dense than before and itchy with miniaturizing hairs at hair line but its arguable its a mature hairline. I dont know. I dont want a mature hairline. I also am a little concerned taking a drug for years too.

Impressive. You have been on here for a decade and your hair loss is that minor? Are you sure it exists? There is slow hair loss, then there is no hair loss. Mines a very slow pattern but this seems different.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude this same thing happens to me. The thing you mentioned about nipple sensitivity after taking a pill, is the same thing that happens to me. Within 2-3 hours of taking 0.5 mg, my nipples become hard and sensitive and start kinda "hurting" when rubbing against my shirt and constantly drawing your attention to it... It dies down some hours later but still doesn't return completely to normal, so I am going to try 0.25 mg every 3 days or something like that, see if I can find a dose that will work somewhat.

Although I don't really know why in theory lowering the dose would even help and I don't know why this effect happens mainly after taking the pill and not constantly... those things are not well answered but... practice > theory so we have to try different things I guess.

Also I guess you could try topical finasteride from Hasson & Wong since you are from the US you could get it easily (I think) and there is also a version being compounded for Europe, it costa bout 65 euro. So definitely try that before giving up altogether, they mention having little side effects.

g.i joey

Reaction score
Intake .25 daily... it has to do SOMETHING.. and tbh i might start supplementing the .25 with .5 twice a week... when I was taking .5 4 times a week and taking .25 on off days I noticed a notable improvement in my hair.. do with .25 ed I wouldn't say you'll maintain but ur literally a couple mg off from stabilizing it.. fkn gyno man.. i managed to get rid of 80% of mine... now my.nipples are just puffy but it's not thay bad... and I have quite aggressive hairloss

- - - Updated - - -

Btw .25 causes 0 irritation to my nips

g.i joey

Reaction score
When I had originally got the gyno flare-up in January I went to a Doctor he felt it and said its a minor amount of tissue but i also got got blood tests. Everything came up fine and i was still taking finasteride 3x a week. My estrogen was in a very normal range but he said high normal so I do not think thay should be the case at my age.. anyways I got my Doctor to prescribe me letro after I showed him I had a solid tapering regimen and I cured 90% of it.

I had taken a 1 month break though and realized that when on finasteride I store more fat on my chest and didn't develop a SEROOUS case of gyno but I did have alot of fat stored on there known as pseudo gyno

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the mistakes I'm writing this off my cellphone