Intercytex claims cloning in 2008 probable in England

rawbd

Reaction score
Yeah, they mention 2008 "pre-licensure" and they also say they are waiting to confirm that their procedure will be unregulated in the UK. It seems that the 2008 date will only hold if they can do the procedure unregulated.

michael barry

Reaction score
ICX says, and I quote "Seeking confirmation from MHRA that product is unregulated in UK"====Its unregulated RIGHT NOW. They want to make sure the Ministry of Health doesnt step in and want to regulate it (at the begging of hair transplant surgeons everywhere who know that this is the end of that business).

Hint: The wound-healing stem cell protocol, the diabetic-sore-healing stem cell protocol, the burn-wound stem-cell protocol dont currently require any regulation, and the head of ICX, Dr. Paul Kemp, was the man to produce the world's first organ from stem cells.

Only 120 hairs are needed from the back of the scalp, and future procedures could be done from that initial sample and many thousands of stem cells will be induced from it.

Another quote "First sales PLANNED for 2008 by in-house team". PLANNED is a big word in business. This means they've probably got the gear, the clinic-rooms, the freezers (to hold your extra-created stem cells in for any future treatments from them you might like----remember they can grow skin or bone or hair tissue from these plutoporeint stem cells that are biologically yours and unique to you with your DNA on them.

The part I like is the "minimal tissue removal (approx. 120 follicles)"
and the "minimal scarring"
and the "minimal pain, bleeding, and swelling"
and especially the "Repeat procedures possible from a single
biopsy"

When you think about it,
THE FDA does NOT regulate Hair transplants, and look at some of the disasters that have occured with them. They often take 2-5000 hairs out of the back of the head, thus if they dont take, youve lost A BUNCH of your donor area. With HM, you'd only lose "approximately 120 hairs"..

I think of it this way, like the ICX page stated, we started with punch-hole grafts with 15-30 hairs in the fifties to the eightites.

We went to 4-8 hiar minigrafts in the eighties and nineties

We went to micrografts and FUE's of 1 to 3 hairs in the middle/late/nineties to the present.

Body hair moved to the head has been done in the past 4 years (to mixed results as some guys body hair apparently does not change its characteristics to look much like head hair)

Stem cells, which can multiply the so-called "donor area" follicles many many times, is the next logical step in this process. That way one might be able to have a full head of hair and not have to lose their hair in the future also, with youthful density just like someone without male pattern baldness.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
When you think about it,
THE FDA does NOT regulate Hair transplants, and look at some of the disasters that have occured with them. They often take 2-5000 hairs out of the back of the head, thus if they dont take, youve lost A BUNCH of your donor area. With HM, you'd only lose "approximately 120 hairs"..

The FDA does not regulate Hair transplants because the hair that is being transplanted has not been modified. It does not matter how many hairs you move around - as long as you do not modify them it is a safe procedure. The reason that HM may require reguation is that you modify the cells. The FDA wants to make sure that the procedure does not cause cancer or other unpleasant side effects.

Chrisknight

Reaction score
MB or News2, I have a question for you... I remember reading that HM will also be marketed to womem who's hair thins out all over their head. So thinning back+sides should not be an issue, right? If so, why?

I know my sides/back have thinned out a bit (more towards the back/side hairline area) so I'm curious. So if thinng doesn't matter I'll need my whole head injected...

EDIT: How will they do hairlines?

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I might be going to England in 2008...

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
Even if you thin out in the traditional donor area, it is unlikely that you are going to go totally bald. That means that if they are gonna take 120 follicles from the traditional donor area, some of these follicles will be resitant to DHT. In other words: If you "clone" these follicles, the clones will be resistant to DHT as well. Granted: You might also end up cloning some follicles that will fall out after a while, but you can always go back and get a top-up.
By the way: If you have already thinned out in the traditional donor area, the hair follicles that still produce hair would appear to be stronger than the ones that no longer produce hair.

Chrisknight

Reaction score
News2 said:
Even if you thin out in the traditional donor area, it is unlikely that you are going to go totally bald. That means that if they are gonna take 120 follicles from the traditional donor area, some of these follicles will be resitant to DHT. In other words: If you "clone" these follicles, the clones will be resistant to DHT as well. Granted: You might also end up cloning some follicles that will fall out after a while, but you can always go back and get a top-up.
By the way: If you have already thinned out in the traditional donor area, the hair follicles that still produce hair would appear to be stronger than the ones that no longer produce hair.

Yeah, but how much will these "top offs cost" esspecially since I'll need them all over my head, not just up top.

michael barry

Reaction score
Gorpy wrote : " The FDA wants to make sure that the procedure does not cause cancer or other unpleasant side effects."

NO

Intercytex has ALREADY DONE A SAFETY TEST. NO CANCERS of any kind have resulted from ANY of their stem cell protocols. Not for wound healing, diabetic sores, skin regeneration (anit-ageing), hair tests on mice or humans. NONE

Thats what Intercytex's phase one trials were for. Safety. Now they are trying to grow ALOT of hair in phase two.

btp11

Established Member
Reaction score
call me crazy....but if getting our hair back were not enough....wouldnt it make sense to invest in intercytex? i mean, if this is truth here...this will be a HUGE medical breakthrough. the amount of $$$ will be staggering. as male pattern baldness sufferers, why shouldn't we profit a little? :D

also, for the veterans....ive only had to deal with this for the past year, so i dont know the history as well as some....is this the closest weve gotten to a cure? has there been hype on other products that just havent made it? ive said it many times...it all sounds too good to be true.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score
Gorpy wrote : " The FDA wants to make sure that the procedure does not cause cancer or other unpleasant side effects."

NO

Intercytex has ALREADY DONE A SAFETY TEST. NO CANCERS of any kind have resulted from ANY of their stem cell protocols.

This argument is so incredibly dumb, it's almost painful. Phase I trial was conducted by Intercytex, the company that developed the procedure. What are the FDA supposed to do? Just take their word for it? I DON'T THINK SO!!! (Do you even know what FDA stands for?) It's their job to make sure no unsafe drug hits the market.

Intercytex has ALREADY DONE A SAFETY TEST. NO CANCERS of any kind have resulted

That's a bit like saying “we don't need any teachers; the pupils can mark their research projects themselves. You think you deserve an A? Okay then...â€￾

michael barry

Reaction score
Phase one was for safety.

The stem-cell procedures (getting stem cells to make specific tissues) has been going on in immune deficient-mice with HUMAN skin grafted on their backs FOR YEARS NOW>

Its interesting on how YET ANOTHER NEWBIE joining the forums is screaming bloody murder trying to scare the bejeebies out of people interested in HM technologies.

Am I talkin' to yet another hair transplant surgeon who realizes that HM is pretty much the end of the line? I get a kick out of seeing these guys crop up in forums (always as newbies) with fairly detailed knowledge of the "dangers of HM" when they supposedly "are just newbies" and learnin' the ropes of dermal philosebaceous units.

But for any reading this thread, here is ICX's report to its own investors again http://www.intercytex.com/icx/investors ... -06-29.pdf

Remember for those of you at home, ICX is headed up by Dr. Paul Kemp, the foremost tissue engineering expert in the WORLD, and the man who made the WORLD'S FIRST organ from stem cells (a liver).

Here is a pic of Dr. Kemp http://www.biologicalproduction.com/ima ... s/Kemp.jpg
As all of you can see, he is bald. He has stated openly he wants HM for HIMSELF. Which is of GREAT benefit to US.

SO for kids following the thread....................beware of those irrationally trying to fear-monger you about HM. None of ICX's stem cell therapies have resulted in ANY negative side effects WHATSOEVER. Several rodent LIFETIMES have began and ended (these creatures only live up to a couple of years) since stem -cell experiments have been conducted on them, and/or the human skin grafted on their backs. No problems thusfar. But there are alot of hair transplant surgeons around who do not want to be doing nose-jobs for a living who are just HOPING one does get sick somehow.

michael barry

Reaction score
By the way,

ICX's phase one test was done WITH THE FDA.

Thats the Food and Drug Administration. Phase two is just about underway (probably after the holiday week).

Felk

Reaction score
Sounds good, my comrades :)

Anyway, whats everyone's plan of action?

Save up and hold out for as long as possible, until it's needed? Wait a year or so once it's out to see the general results on the public?

I think i'll probably wait a bit once it's out, and not go for it until my regimen starts going downhill and I'm more certain about HM's results/effects.

News2

Established Member
Reaction score

NO

By the way,

ICX's phase one test was done WITH THE FDA.

Well, what's it gonna be? Is the FDA involved or not? Make up your so-called mind.

I'm not gonna grace the rest of your childish and - frankly - absurd post with a detailed reply. I'd just like to point out that all I said was that HM *MAY * require regulation because the cells have been modified. My information is based on an interview with Dr. Ken Washenik. (Is he also one of your hair transplant-surgeons who are trying to infiltrate the forums? Honestly: How paranoid can you possibly get...) Here are the relevant quotes:

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_clonin ... henik3.cfm

HAIRLOSSHELP: Is there any concern of skin cancers forming from the introduction of these cells?

DR WASHENIK: The concern of skin cancers with tissue engineering comes from concerns about some of those regulatory factors. For example we know that Sonic Hedgehog expression, which is known to be important in hair follicles, is also known to be a factor in people who have a disease called Basal cell nevus syndrome. These people grow countless numbers of basal cell skin cancers and Sonic Hedgehog has been implicated in that. And then there is work being done with the Wnt pathway with Beta-catenin and Lef-1 where they show if you over express the regulatory proteins you can gets these growths called Pilomatricomas. So it would be problematic if you have to introduce regulatory molecules from outside the body because its very hard to deliver them at the right time and in the right amounts when the cells need them. That’s why the work that has been done with tissue engineered hair growth based on cellular technology assumes that you wont have to deliver those growth factors and the body will produce them in the correct fashion so there won’t be any of these concerns. How you pull that off in terms of how you package those cells may be very dependent on how those cells interact in culture with one another before you even put them into the skin.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/hair_clonin ... henik7.cfm

HAIRLOSSHELP: Is that 5 years to commercial release?

DR WASHENIK: I think it’s realistic that 5 years from the opening of ARI we will have a commercially available product or a technology that’s in the latter stages of development. Now bear in mind that research takes its own course so things may change. But let me explain why I say 5 years. If you take something like a brand new technology, it would likely take 3 years to get through the regulatory process. That’s why I think it’s reasonable, because I’m being conservative. Right now no researcher knows the exact regulatory steps the FDA will place on this procedure because it is brand new. There are not a lot of bioengineered organs you can point to to know exactly what the FDA will require. So I think 3 years is a reasonable period for regulatory pathway trials. That then means I am giving 2 years to get the actual package of technology together for submission to the FDA or appropriate regulatory authority so we can go forward with the clinical trials.

Felk

Reaction score
I dont see a contradiction above. You aren't confusing his reply to gorpy's post, with gorpy's post itself are you?

ANDREW_J_I

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its a little funny to see peoples tensions are running high in this thread. wow, chill guys!! were all in the same boat.

whether this happens in 2008 or not, its still ALOT earlier than some other things we have read. this is most promising information we have heard, true? thanks for posting it.

even if its 2010, that is still only 3-4 years away. this is great news.

michael barry

Reaction score
News2,

HEY DUMBASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YEA YOU YOU PATHETIC LITTLE sh*t>

Those hairlosshelp interviews are several YEARS OLD NOW. f***, I must have read them several years ago now when Aderans just bought bosley.

THE FDA WAS INVOLVED IN INTERCYTEX'S PHASE 1 TESTS, cant you goddam read?

Like I said..................its really funny how many "newbies" or newly created screenames come into forums every time breakthroughs are made in HM stem cell science and assure everyone "pay no attention to that man behind the curtain" and all that. Ive seen surgeons post warnings (like that awful f*** Dr. William Rassman) who were hysterically anti-cloning warning of all sorts of dangers that have never come to fruition. They know this is the beginning of the end of transplants, big zip scars, and big plastic surgery money from the most lucrative procedure on the planet and the the only one that men get in great numbers. Boo hoo for them. They are buggy whip makers in the dawning age of the automobile, and the bell is tolling for them.

Watch Ken Washenik in his LATEST online interview video speaking about Aderans here http://www.aderansresearch.com/ari_ournews.html
You can see his own transplant (he's had 5 procedures over the years) in the video. He obviously wants cloning like all of us becuase of its potential to "make" alot of hair. Transplants just move your hippocratic wreath http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2005/LAW/10/04/d ... drphil.jpg to the front and top of your head. Obviously many men dont have enough good hair to do this if you look at that pic of Dr. Phil. The surgeons dont care, the only way they can make money off the 'golden cow baldies' is to keep 'pluggin'.

Science has already grown a man an entire new jaw a few years back from his stem cells, can grow bone marrow and a liver from stem cells, regenerate skin from stem cells. Hair is the next and most obvious logical step because of the huge economic potential of "multiplying" the amount of hair in the hippocratic wreath 3 or 4 or 5 times, thus giving someone a full head of hair again with their 18 year old hairline. But those poor salescum at MHR, and those poor docs with 3 houses and yachts wont make money from this. So they come online and try every scare tactic known to man attempting to delay the ineveitable. Let me pass them all a collective tissue. There are several other forms of surgery that they can, of course, perform. But they like this one because they can finish a surgery in two hours that costs 10K. Do two a day, five days a week.................and figure up the money kids. Doctor makes half the money, clinic gets the other half.

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
News2 said:

NO

Intercytex has ALREADY DONE A SAFETY TEST. NO CANCERS of any kind have resulted from ANY of their stem cell protocols.

This argument is so incredibly dumb, it's almost painful. Phase I trial was conducted by Intercytex, the company that developed the procedure. What are the FDA supposed to do? Just take their word for it? I DON'T THINK SO!!! (Do you even know what FDA stands for?) It's their job to make sure no unsafe drug hits the market.

[quote:03f15] Intercytex has ALREADY DONE A SAFETY TEST. NO CANCERS of any kind have resulted

That's a bit like saying “we don't need any teachers; the pupils can mark their research projects themselves. You think you deserve an A? Okay then...â€￾[/quote:03f15]

Do you know anything about the process of getting a new drug to market?

It's ALWAYS the pharmaceutical companies that do the trials and they present their results to the FDA. The FDA don't do any trials of their own.