Insulin resistance the main cuase of male pattern baldness?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You don't "absorb" SHBG. Your body manufactures it.

Bryan

seancashmere

Reaction score
Obviously there Bryan. But your body also manufacturers insulin, and when diabetics' bodies stop or produces so little that they have a hard time processing glucose levels, they can inject some. So, in much the same way that people take meds and supplements for other things, is there anyway I can get some more globulin into my system?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, something that would probably produce a similar result would be to take spironolactone orally, which helps suppress the production of androgens (at least in larger doses). Dunno if you want to risk systemic side-effects, though, but there's no avoiding that no matter HOW you obtain such a result...

Bryan

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
My Uncle (who has now passed away) had diabetes for years and had a great head of hair. My Dad also has diabetes but is bald. If there is any connection there must be something else involved otherwise everyone who is diabetic would be bald.

powersam

Reaction score
that there is a connection is beyond doubt i think, but yes there definately has to be another factor involved. that factor is most probably just that some people have androgen sensitive hair and some don't, but who can say? the exact mechanism of balding is yet to be discovered.

Tombolino

Established Member
Reaction score
Insulin Approach

So what can I buy to try the insulin approach?

spironolactone? Green Tea? What else?

And where can I buy spironolactone? At at Natural foods type store?

There has to be something that works. Chemistry is chemistry. Insulin theory sounds logical

JustBreathe

Established Member
Reaction score
This whole balding thing is so mysterious.

and annoying.

powersam

Reaction score
you wouldnt really have to buy anything. use the internet to find out about the condition and what makes it worse. find a diet for type 2 diabetics and stick to it. exercise at least 30 minutes a day, far better to do more. drink 30ml of white vinegar before any meal involving carbohydrates, add a little cinnamon to your coffee or tea if you drink it.

Capone

My Regimen
Reaction score
you wouldnt really have to buy anything. use the internet to find out about the condition and what makes it worse. find a diet for type 2 diabetics and stick to it. exercise at least 30 minutes a day, far better to do more. drink 30ml of white vinegar before any meal involving carbohydrates, add a little cinnamon to your coffee or tea if you drink it.
Wouldn’t the vinegar acid wreck the enamel on your teeth? Diabetic diet with minoxidil & dermapen might be beneficial.