Insulin resistance, PCOS, and male pattern baldness

DarkDays

Reaction score
Anyone who thinks DHT and sensitivity to DHT in the hair follicle happens in a vacuum and is not affected by the entire bio-system is a person that thinks people are simple Duplos, not forgetting the same person believes men and women are completely different species(either that person has never seen a woman or suffers from a deep-seated misogyny).

Here is a thing about estrogen and why it might protect some women despite insulin resistance: estrogen can act anti-inflammatory. The inflammation caused by metabolic syndrome is partially held down by estrogen, but only for a limited time, which is why younger and younger women are suffering hairloss as insulin resistance is affecting a higher percentage(which also means men are suffering from this at a younger age).

If any of you DHT-theists would even try to read more about biology than how DHT affects your system you would see that we are dealing with a compromised biological system where the DHT is a symptom, not the disease. I mean seriously, we have had the DHT theory for a couple of decades and we have sh*t to show for it except finasteride that works partially(ie. doesn't restore all hair) and can potentially give you sides that are nothing to laugh about unless you are MtF.

But hey, if you want to focus solely on DHT in a vacuum please go on. You can spend the next millenia trying to find a cure to your DHT problem while science surpasses you. I mean, everybody must have their religion I guess.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Really? REALLY?

No, hair loss isn't caused by elevated DHT levels. That's not what current theory says at all. It's about genetic predisposition to androgen sensitivity.

Which you know full well, but I see you're following freakout's lead of picking DHT as the easier straw man argument to beat down.

At MOST other environmental factors like diet and stress could bring on male pattern baldness earlier in somebody that is already genetically predisposed. It is very hard to prove or disprove those factors either way. But we know for sure they are not the cause of male pattern baldness.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
Really? REALLY?

No, hair loss isn't caused by elevated DHT levels. That's not what current theory says at all. It's about genetic predisposition to androgen sensitivity.

Which you know full well, but I see you're following freakout's lead of picking DHT as the easier straw man argument to beat down.
y fuc
At MOST other environmental factors like diet and stress could bring on male pattern baldness earlier in somebody that is already genetically predisposed. It is very hard to prove or disprove those factors either way. But we know for sure they are not the cause of male pattern baldness.

sensitivity lol... such an hypocrite statement ... Why my f*****g hair suddendly comes sensitive to androgen? I go to the gym with guys having 800x the androgen level of the average and they have hair thicker than the fur on a gorilla... Androgen is just pro-inflammatory... not like estrogen. Most of these diseases mentionned on this thread are related to problems with the endothelium.. Nitric Oxide... I have better hair on micronized DHEA than Dutasteride... Explain to me that one? Stop to believe all the bullshit about male pattern baldness.. People like Bryan keep spitting the same sh*t for years.. The guy is not even on any regimen and probably bald as f***.... LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
sensitivity lol... such an hypocrite statement ... Why my f****ing hair suddendly comes sensitive to androgen? I go to the gym with guys having 800x the androgen level of the average and they have hair thicker than the fur on a gorilla...

Why did your hair become sensitive to androgens? Nobody knows the answer to that question yet. Maybe someday we will.

squeegee said:
Androgen is just pro-inflammatory... not like estrogen. Most of these diseases mentionned on this thread are related to problems with the endothelium.. Nitric Oxide... I have better hair on micronized DHEA than Dutasteride... Explain to me that one? Stop to believe all the bullshit about male pattern baldness.. People like Bryan keep spitting the same sh*t for years.. The guy is not even on any regimen and probably bald as f*ck.... LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

My hair is pretty thin, but I'm not "bald as f***". Not yet, anyway.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks for the updates Bryan LOL!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
I'm tired, we do not have a hairloss time bomb in use, male pattern baldness is health related, something triggers it, but I don't know what, it must be different for every people.

Oh, but we _do_ have a hairloss time bomb in effect in our species; as I've stated a number of times, one possible reason for that time bomb (and I think it's as good a theory as any other I've heard) is to eliminate hair to help cool the brain. It doesn't (yet) significantly affect _every_ single human, but I think it probably eventually will, way in the future.

powersam

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
220px-Albert_Einstein_Head.jpg

Interresting Bryan theory but I don't follow you :) male pattern baldness is still rare, I mean more rare than common, there's so many NW1 and it seems that even after 100 generations they'll still be as hairy as a duck (herrr you got my point!)

What!?!

male pattern baldness affects the majority of men. It is in no way, shape or form rare. Not by any rational interpretation of the word could male pattern baldness be though of as rare.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
At 17 like me? give me a break, think man, think! :) 99 out of 100 are NW1 if you go to a school, so in my head, it is very rare, I just didn't feel normal losing my hair

You can't say it's "rare" just because it's "rare" at a school! That would be like saying that skin wrinkles are extremely "rare", because you almost never see them at schools! :) Everybody knows balding increases a hell of a lot with age.

powersam

Reaction score
FredTheBelgian said:
At 17 like me? give me a break, think man, think! :) 99 out of 100 are NW1 if you go to a school, so in my head, it is very rare, I just didn't feel normal losing my hair

You sir, seem to be slow in the head.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
primates go bald as well. Its completely natural, maybe we get different forms of hairloss from pollution, stress and deficiencies, but when it is in the male pattern baldness shape, its natural.

U think this gorilla has been exposed to something thats made its hair fall out?

200px-Male_silverback_Gorilla.JPG

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Bryan said:
FredTheBelgian said:
I'm tired, we do not have a hairloss time bomb in use, male pattern baldness is health related, something triggers it, but I don't know what, it must be different for every people.

Oh, but we _do_ have a hairloss time bomb in effect in our species; as I've stated a number of times, one possible reason for that time bomb (and I think it's as good a theory as any other I've heard) is to eliminate hair to help cool the brain. It doesn't (yet) significantly affect _every_ single human, but I think it probably eventually will, way in the future.

OMG LOL!!!!!!!! Bryan you are so old school!! Because the sun hitting your bald pumpkin is a great idea? Hair probably helps to cool off the brain just like the isolation in your house.

powersam

Reaction score
squeegee said:
Bryan said:
FredTheBelgian said:

OMG LOL!!!!!!!! Bryan you are so old school!! Because the sun hitting your bald pumpkin is a great idea? Hair probably helps to cool off the brain just like the isolation in your house.

You have quite obviously misunderstood the intent of his post.

Bryan was simply speculating about what might possibly be the reason for such a supposedly negative trait still being passed on and existing.

Now personally I think the brain heat thing is bunk, but as the brain weighs just 1-2 kg yet burns 25% of the body's energy, the idea deserves discussion if nothing else.

Personally I think that hair loss has never had the chance to be sexually deselected if you will, because for the largest part of human evolution men would have fathered all their children before the age of 20. Plus of course, female selection is a modern thing.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
Powersam.. I totally understood the intention of his post.. and yeah male pattern baldness has nothing to do with human evolution. it is just a side effect of your body malfunction. Androgen just being proactive to the problem compare to estrogen.. This subject of evolution been discussed for years on any hairloss forums..It is redundant and useless.

hairhoper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So it's redundant and useless to talk about sensible subjects like natural selection, yet discussing the idea that diet somehow causes male pattern baldness has merit? Good one.

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score
hairhoper said:
So it's redundant and useless to talk about sensible subjects like natural selection, yet discussing the idea that diet somehow causes male pattern baldness has merit? Good one.

Did I mention diet in my post? Why don't you talk about your sensible subject if it makes you feel better LOL and yeah Hairhoper you've been naturally selected and I am not talking about male pattern baldness! :smack:

squeegee

Banned
Reaction score

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
squeegee said:
Bryan said:

Do we have to keep going over this "brain-cooling" theory over and over and over? Don't you ever pay into attention to the medical literature, squeegee? :) As I've mentioned several times already, this theory has already been proposed by serious scientists: "Beards, baldness, and sweat secretion", M. Cabanac and H. Brinnel. Eur J Appl Physiol (1988) 58:39-46.

Summary. The hypothesis according to which male common baldness has developed in the human species as a compensation for the growth of a beard in order to achieve heat loss has been tested. In 100 clean-shaven men direct measurement of the area of glabrous skin on the forehead and calvaria was found to be proportional to that of the hairy area skin on the lips, cheeks, chin and neck. During light hyperthermia the evaporation rate on the bald scalp was 2 to 3 times higher than on the hairy scalp. Conversely the evaporation rate was practically equal on the foreheads and chins of women and unbearded young men, while in adult clean-shaven bearded men it was 40% less on the chin than the forehead.

These results support the hypothesis that male baldness is a thermoregulatory compensation for the growth of a beard in adults.

So much for your goofy idea that "hair probably helps to cool off the brain"!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Jacob

Reaction score
Brain cooling. :shock:

No scientist is going to make a monkey outta me.