Insulin resistance, PCOS, and male pattern baldness

Norwood-null-by-2021

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure: Androgenetic Alopecia is arteriosclerosis! This can ONLY affect the scalp alone. But most of the time, if the scalp is affected, other areas of our body also have deposits in the blood vessels.

Hence the association with high blood pressure and heart disease. These are all things caused by arteriosclerosis.
Diabetics and people with insulin resistance are at increased risk of atherosclerosis. That is why we see many diabetics bald. But since there are also diabetics without arteriosclerosis, there are also diabetics with full head hair.

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am sure: Androgenetic Alopecia is arteriosclerosis! This can ONLY affect the scalp alone. But most of the time, if the scalp is affected, other areas of our body also have deposits in the blood vessels.

Hence the association with high blood pressure and heart disease. These are all things caused by arteriosclerosis.
Diabetics and people with insulin resistance are at increased risk of atherosclerosis. That is why we see many diabetics bald. But since there are also diabetics without arteriosclerosis, there are also diabetics with full head hair.
So balding guys shouldn't eat high glycemic foods or smth?

what do you think would be feasible treatment knowing that information

DogoDiLaurentiis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i agree for sure. we don't need to worry about the severely obese diabetic who has a full head of hair because he doesn't have the balding gene. we just need to look at people with the balding gene and i honestly think insulin resistance/low SHBG can not cause male pattern baldness, but definitely bring it on sooner/faster.

only thing is i've had my insulin tested (twice) and both times it shows normal insulin sensitivity (7 mU/L where the range is <10 for normal, 10-14 for mild resistance and >14 for insulin resistance).

however i have LOW SHBG, high free test, and reasonably high blood glucose.

hmm...

High levels of circulating insulin causes oily skin and acne, it absolutely exacerbates skin and hair problems in people with androgen sensitivity.

DogoDiLaurentiis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So balding guys shouldn't eat high glycemic foods or smth?

what do you think would be feasible treatment knowing that information

No, it's because insulin by what mechanism I don't know, causes and is well known for causing oily skin and acne.

You take metformin, you lower your circulating insulin and your IGF-1 and DHEA and you mitigate the risks.

Norwood-null-by-2021

My Regimen
Reaction score
Inositol (Vitamin B8) eliminates all of these problems. It even cured acne.
It lowers the insulin level and practically restores all hormones to "factory settings". A real insider tip!

TurboFixer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It only stops hair loss. But no regrowth! The blood vessels are probably already calcified and damaged by DHT.

so in theory if someone were to use something like that treatment you mentioned along side stuff that helps with calcification it could regain their locks?

haven't seen this stuff work on its own but maybe: magnesium oil needling taurine or scalp massages or something