Insomnia

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
I have occasional insomnia that last for 1 week or so every once in a while. But I am having trouble sleeping for more than two weeks now. Either I don’t sleep all night long or I sleep for 2 to3 hours then wake up and cant go back to sleep.
I am pretty active I go to school full time, work, and workout a lot. Things I have tried

Melatonin: up to 9g I don’t like it because most of the time I can not sleep even after consumption and it makes me like a zombie the next day.
Valerian: it does not make me tired the next day but it’s not effective.
I take B-complex during the day
5 htp but yet I can go to sleep for 2-3 hours and then wake up.

Anybody tried Homeopathic Remedies I read about it in http://www.pccnaturalmarkets.com

If anyone can advice me I will really appreciate it

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone??

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
Thank you Goingat20,

But all they talk about is Ambian and Lunesta and other nasty drugs that just f*** up your mind and make you go crazy... I think that Rx may solve one problem but create other many problems...

i was wondering if someone have any idea about these Homeopathic Remedies. or if any one used them for any reason not just insomnia.

Any other thoughts or experiences??

thanx

The Gardener

Reaction score
Valerian works great for me. However, it doesn't make me sleepy at all, rather, it helps me sleep more deeply and not wake up in the middle of the night.

I had some sleep issues, I had no problem getting to sleep, but during stressful times I would wake up on occasion in the middle of the night, or wake up well before my alarm went off, and then be a zombie the rest of the day. Valerian was recommended to me, and I took it for about a week and a half to no apparent effect but I was told to continue to take it as it takes a while to build up in the system (or something to that effect). Well, sure enough, about a week and a half later I woke up one morning feeling like I just emerged from another world. I had slept REALLY deeply, and I have enjoyed the effect so much that I have taken it every night ever since!

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Tylenol PM. If your problem is just occasional, as you state, it's not going to "f*** up your mind and make you go crazy." Remember, even so-called herbal and/or "natural" remedies are not necessarily better for you. They are chemical compounds, just like their commercial counterparts. The fact that they grew on a tree as opposed to being manufactured in a lab is not an indicator of relative safety.

mu0325

Established Member
Reaction score
The Gardener said:
Valerian works great for me. However, it doesn't make me sleepy at all, rather, it helps me sleep more deeply and not wake up in the middle of the night.

I had some sleep issues, I had no problem getting to sleep, but during stressful times I would wake up on occasion in the middle of the night, or wake up well before my alarm went off, and then be a zombie the rest of the day. Valerian was recommended to me, and I took it for about a week and a half to no apparent effect but I was told to continue to take it as it takes a while to build up in the system (or something to that effect). Well, sure enough, about a week and a half later I woke up one morning feeling like I just emerged from another world. I had slept REALLY deeply, and I have enjoyed the effect so much that I have taken it every night ever since!

how much do you take? and long before bed time you take it?
and you are say that i should wait for 2 weeks or so before i see its effects

The Gardener

Reaction score
This is the brand I use:
http://www.vitacost.com/EnzymaticTherap ... eepFormula

I take two caps a night, so, that works out to 400mg of Valerian. And, yes definitely, wait it out for a few weeks. The stuff did nothing for me for a week and a half, then I started to notice changes in the depth and length of my sleep.

However, this stuff hasn't helped "make me sleepy" at night. It has just kept me from waking up during the night, and made my sleep deeper.

tootal2

Reaction score
mu0325, You need to have your thyroid check. Low thyroid can couse hair loss and sleepness. It can also make your tired.

allgone

Reaction score
I also use diazepam/valium or tamzepam, non prescription. They are very good and have the added bonus of getting you slightly high. :lol:

Most homeopathic/ natural remedies are placebo drugs. i.e they don’t do anything medically- it’s al psychological

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I usually take an antihistamine - they're not marketed as sleeping pills but they have the effect of making me drowsy. There's a specific antihistamine that is marketed for insomnia - Nytol. They're very mild, but sometimes they do the trick.

I sleep so little I've come to regard a good night's rest as a blessing. Gardener's comment on valerian is very interest - because herbals never worked getting me to sleep, I never considered the possiblity they might deepen my sleep. I might give it a try.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tootal2 said:
mu0325, You need to have your thyroid check. Low thyroid can couse hair loss and sleepness. It can also make your tired.

whats thyroid , i also feel tired almost most times and i thought i needed my blood sugar checked to make sure its not low but thyroid check also ?

allgone

Reaction score
Thyroid is a gland which is responsible for producing hormones which regulate the metabolism and the growth rate of a number of the bodies systems. An imbalance in it’s hormone release can cause hair to fall out

IBM

Reaction score
allgone said:
Thyroid is a gland which is responsible for producing hormones which regulate the metabolism and the growth rate of a number of the bodies systems. An imbalance in it’s hormone release can cause hair to fall out

But it will regrow when it's balanced.

jasonbudd1984

Reaction score
Melatonin works amaaazingly well for me.

Can get it on the net.

I would avoid Nytol, I used to use it and got an ache in my chest that was identified as mild heart strain.

Valerian is good to.

Lavender is also very effective.

Meditation and anything to lower anxiety is also great.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Anyone know of any websites who sell Ambien without prescription? The stuff is awesome 1/2 tab sometimes just makes you sleep great when you mess up your schedule (ie weekends & sun night sleep).

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
melatonine is the best i had a very bad sleeping problem and melatonine solved it
i tried 3 g at first and that gave me tereible and i though its not gonna work for me
then i tried 1.5 g and it was the exact dose for me its amazing how much better i sleep
i want to get valerian too because anything that improves sleep is good if i sleep 7 hours insted of my normal 8 ill be really sleepy that day

CCS

Reaction score
melatonin just helps you fall asleep. Don't drink too much water before bed or you'll wake up a lot and pee.

Lorenzo_91

Established Member
Reaction score
I take 2mg melatonin time released. Normally it wakes you up in the middle of the night after effects ware off. 1mg to .5 mg that won't happen as much.

You can take .5 sub lingual and .5 to 1 time released. But if you take to long you will start having vivid dreams and wake up feeling like you did not sleep.

I am currently lowering my dose to 1mg