Insights Of A Hair System For Someone New.

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It always amuses me a how hair system literally brings out an amazing personality out of balding men.

Yes some guys can pull shaved head easily however some can’t. (Rock/Jason Statham vs Chris Martin).
I am requesting all system wearers to please provide inputs!

1. Did you guys take propecia? Or hair system was on your mind to mitigate the risks associated.
2. What is the general intial expenditure on a hair system? What about there after expenditures?
3.How confident you feel after it? Certainly better than wearing caps, and draw unnecessary attention.
4.What is that you really hate about these systems? Other than price.
5.Have you ever considered Hair Transplant?
6.Did someone shaved before anyone realise that you’re balding and smoothly wore a hair system. (This feels exciting)
7.Do existing hair follicles die when you wear a system as you’ll apply glue & what not which will suffocate it. Hence hair transplant will never be an option as you’re destroying them in advance
8.Do you have to tell your prospective partner that you’re wearing a system, which maybe a deal breaker. (Imagine Tinder) Scared that my dating life will suck if i go bald.

I’ve recently started losing hairs however i’m just exploring options since finasteride, minoxidil and hair transplant has significant risks associated. Hence i’m secretly wondering if point 6 is possible? transition can be made smooth af without anyone realising unless you wish too announce the same. Someone who is in early 20/mid 20s kindly share your experience. Please?

Ps, Please share after and before pictures(if comfortable) or DM me. It’ll certainly create more awareness amongst newbies!

Thank you everyone and hoping for your input.

Noah

Reaction score
Hi Japnicks

1. Did you guys take propecia? Or hair system was on your mind to mitigate the risks associated.

I tried Finasteride and got only bad reactions to it. So not now.

2. What is the general intial expenditure on a hair system? What about there after expenditures?

About US$200 per system, and you will need 2 or 3 a year. About another $100 a year on adhesives and other supplies. The price of cut-ins for the systems can vary a lot. I pay about $75 per system.

3.How confident you feel after it?

Confidence very much improved compared with thinning hair.

4.What is that you really hate about these systems? Other than price.

Having to avoid sun bleaching at the seaside is a pain, although to say I "hate" it would overstating it.

5.Have you ever considered Hair Transplant?

I am too bald for a full head transplant. I would consider a small transplant for my temples if they recede too much.

6.Did someone shaved before anyone realise that you’re balding and smoothly wore a hair system. (This feels exciting)

In my case I covered up my balding with increasing reliance on cover-up powder, and then eventually moved to a system. I think I managed the transition without anyone noticing.

7.Do existing hair follicles die when you wear a system as you’ll apply glue & what not which will suffocate it. Hence hair transplant will never be an option as you’re destroying them in advance

No, in my experience the glue doesn't harm your growing hair. The only thing that harms the growing hair is if you repeatedly tug on it - traction alopecia. If you are reasonably careful you can avoid that.

8.Do you have to tell your prospective partner that you’re wearing a system, which maybe a deal breaker.

You can get away with keeping it private for a few weeks or even months, but if it is a serious long term relationship you should count on fessing up. In my experience it is not a dealbreaker for partners.

I'm secretly wondering if point 6 is possible? transition can be made smooth af without anyone realising unless you wish too announce the same.

Usually I think it is possible, but obviously it depends on your look and your personal circumstances. You may have to start with a low density system and gradually work up to your target look. But if everyone has seen you lose your hair and now you are slick bald, it will require a lot of subterfuge to make it look like you are regrowing your hair, and it may not be very convincing. Personally I would prefer to man up and be open, than engage in an elaborate charade of that sort.

Noah

Japnicks India

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Noah thank so much for answering to all my queries! Its an eye opener for me.

Seems like systems aren’t very cheap! Considering 700$ a year means buying an iphone every year.

Thanks you.

Noah

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your situation. I have a decent well-paid job in an expensive country, and to me they seem cheap - you have to consider that they are handmade products each of which probably takes some young girl in China a couple of days of intense eye-straining work to make. I would be willing to pay a lot more for them than they actually cost. But of course if you are a student who is not yet earning, or from a low-wage country, they could be expensive.