Input On Ru55884 What Has It Done For You Doesn’t It Work

Bill69

My Regimen
Reaction score
Basically I’m looking into this chemical as I’ve seen some impressive videos that it stops hairloss but are these just resellers try to sell it ! Is their any real people on this site who use this product with results ? Has it stopped your HairLoss

itchymadscalp

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I tried for 6 months, 5, 10 and 20% (yeah ...) ... it was RU from Kane.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t sucks. More brain fog than hair regrowth.

abcdefg

Reaction score
The problem is without any real studies there will never be any definitive answer if RU works or not. Just endless joes saying it worked great for me! or didnt help me. Could be purity or bad batch of chemical or storage, or anything in between. Every detail matters if it ends up working, but no one tells you that.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s hit and miss. Some of us are non responders (me included), so naturally there are going to be some people who are pissed off and tell you it sucks, which is fair because it’s not cheap and it’s dissapointing when you place your faith in something that turns out to be ineffective.

That being said, there are some who find it works quite well. @hellouser did a big guide post about preparation and usage which could be helpful if you want more info. There are probably more failure than success stories from what I’ve observed, but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t give it a go. I think with hairloss you start with the obvious (minoxidil, fina, nizoral, or spironolactone/cpa/the pill for the ladies), and If those aren’t yielding the results you’d like, then you can experiment with RU, topical spironolactone, duta etc. It’s all just a process of elimination up discover what will work best for you. Sadly some of us have searched to the ends of the spectrum and still nothing works. I hope you find your saviour.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been using it for 3 months now the only side i've noticed is a exceptionally greasy scalp. Its too early to tell if its having an effect as I am a very slow responder but so far no regrowth. Has anybody else who uses RU have this problem? I literally have to wash my thin hair twice a day.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to talk about success because of the negativity and skepticism it generates, but:

I added RU 7.5% 1x/day to a regimen of:
- Finasteride 1mg 1x/day
- minoxidil 5% 2x/day
- 1.5mm microneedling every other week

and my results went from slow regrowth to faster regrowth, plus new vellus appearing in areas that were slick bald for years. It sped up even more when doubling the RU dose to 2x/day, but started getting severe skin dryness as a side effect.

Yes, topical Androgen Receptor Antagonists work if you're a good responder to them. Most people respond to Finasteride too, but what you hear a lot of on this forum are people who didn't have luck with Finasteride or are too scared of it, so the responses you're getting may be biased against anti-androgens.

My RU was sourced from Chemyo. Any other questions please ask.

Georgie

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm reluctant to talk about success because of the negativity and skepticism it generates, but:

I added RU 7.5% 1x/day to a regimen of:
- Finasteride 1mg 1x/day
- minoxidil 5% 2x/day
- 1.5mm microneedling every other week

and my results went from slow regrowth to faster regrowth, plus new vellus appearing in areas that were slick bald for years. It sped up even more when doubling the RU dose to 2x/day, but started getting severe skin dryness as a side effect.

Yes, topical Androgen Receptor Antagonists work if you're a good responder to them. Most people respond to Finasteride too, but what you hear a lot of on this forum are people who didn't have luck with Finasteride or are too scared of it, so the responses you're getting may be biased against anti-androgens.

My RU was sourced from Chemyo. Any other questions please ask.
You’re still on daro though?

celso217

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, but it's even more sketchy than RU, so I don't like even mentioning it.
Furrydome,
Have you ever missed an application or two of ru and had a shed? Reading forums on the internet it seems that things can go very quickly if you are taking ru and stop all of the sudden. I'm really scared about starting ru and having a massive shed or my hair becoming so dependent on ru that if i miss a day or two I'll lose tons of density.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I lost ground on RU i was on it for about 10 months, came off it and sh*t got worse very quickly not sure why. Now i just hoped onto finateride last week after a 3 month break off everything

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
RU was too weak for me. Slowed my loss down definitely but didn't stop it. And I don't even have aggressive hair loss. So I'd be blown away if it could truly stop someone with aggressive loss for a duration of 2+ years or more.

furrydome

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Furrydome,
Have you ever missed an application or two of ru and had a shed? Reading forums on the internet it seems that things can go very quickly if you are taking ru and stop all of the sudden. I'm really scared about starting ru and having a massive shed or my hair becoming so dependent on ru that if i miss a day or two I'll lose tons of density.

There may have been a few missed doses, but never more than 1 consecutive miss. No sheds. I am on finasteride, though.