Increased dihydrotestosterone while taking finasteride

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't have aggressive balding on my family either. Is not always about your family. Wish you luck in finding a treatment that work, in my case nothing worked.
how is the process of baldness going on with you? at what age did it start, how many years with it, what stage, etc?

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
how is the process of baldness going on with you? at what age did it start, how many years with it, what stage, etc?
Diffuse thinning all over my head. Start balding at 19, but first signs of balding at 16. I started treating it at 19, minoxidil stopped it for 8 months since dutasteride did nothing. I might be NW2, but very low density all over the scalp. Losing more and more ground each month.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Diffuse thinning all over my head. Start balding at 19, but first signs of balding at 16. I started treating it at 19, minoxidil stopped it for 8 months since dutasteride did nothing. I might be NW2, but very low density all over the scalp. Losing more and more ground each month.
Do you have thinning or loss in the same way? For example, my hair is quite sparse from birth. I don’t think that I started going bald at 18, but even then it was clear that there was very little hair. I say this to the fact that perhaps you do not have such a strong baldness as you think? and just because of the fact that the hair is from nature, it seems to you that everything is very bad

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you have thinning or loss in the same way? For example, my hair is quite sparse from birth. I don’t think that I started going bald at 18, but even then it was clear that there was very little hair. I say this to the fact that perhaps you do not have such a strong baldness as you think? and just because of the fact that the hair is from nature, it seems to you that everything is very bad
My hair was very thick and easy to comb when treatment worked. Now it is impossible to comb and thinning is clearly visible with naked eyes.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair was very thick and easy to comb when treatment worked. Now it is impossible to comb and thinning is clearly visible with naked eyes.
Well that's sad to hear. I wish you patience (all of us) waiting for some kind of innovative medicine or method to fight.

By the way, I saw one topic: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...tor-ameliorates-androgenetic-alopecia.136158/

It is said that this drug positions itself as a cosmetic product. And if it works, then you won’t even have to wait long until it appears on the market. What do you think about this?

Adri23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well that's sad to hear. I wish you patience (all of us) waiting for some kind of innovative medicine or method to fight.

By the way, I saw one topic: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...tor-ameliorates-androgenetic-alopecia.136158/

It is said that this drug positions itself as a cosmetic product. And if it works, then you won’t even have to wait long until it appears on the market. What do you think about this?
I don't know. If not even e2 and bica have managed to stop my hair loss I've pretty much lost the hope. It could work for someone with mild Androgenetic Alopecia tho.

AlexCross

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has handed over the next analyses. Let me briefly remind you of the situation: I took finasteride 1 mg for 3 months, DHT did not decrease, but even increased, I started taking 5 mg each - the result was 884, I returned 1 mg, again there is an increase.

And now I have been taking finasteride 5 mg for a month and a half, the results again showed a decrease in DHT levels - now the test result is 877. This is very strange, despite the fact that many on the forum say that is no difference between taking finasteride 1 mg or 5 mg, my example shows clearly the opposite.

But let's move away from the topic of hair. After all, elevated levels of DHT are obvious health and hormonal problems. What can cause this and how to deal with it? I also want to note that I have chronic prostatitis, and at first I thought that because of it I had increased DHT, but an ultrasound scan showed that everything was normal.

Apparently finasteride is clearly not enough for me. Yes, given that a result in the range of 250 - 990 is considered the norm, I'm still on the edge. In addition, I want to lower the DHT to 400 - 500.

I also want to note that this is clearly not some kind of mistake, there is a clear trend.

So what should I do? Are there any thoughts? For now, I will continue to take Finasteride 5mg for another 1.5 to 2 months before I have another test. But what should I do next? After all, even if I had no problems with hair, then as soon as I stop taking finasteride, the DHT level rises sharply to 1300+ and this is a warning sign for my health.