Increased Beard/arm Hair With Minoxidil

usern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I've been using minoxidil for about a month only, I noticed that my beard started to grow faster and thicker, also my arm hair has increased and got longer. I stopped using it because i had thin facial hair and now its becoming disturbing to shave every 2-3 days with blood stains everytime. Will the hair ever go back to normal? I stopped the damn thing and ive only used it for a month only..

usern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe you need a different kind of razor?
Whatever i use is irrelavent. I'm getting severe anxiety everytime i try to shave and wish i haven't used this med. Does anyone know if it's permanent?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not permanent. How long it will take to cycle back to normal varies with individual. Three months max.

DKC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are shaving wrong if you are consistently cutting yourself.

Stronger growth of hair of your beard or arm hair is a great indicator that minoxidil is working.

usern

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are shaving wrong if you are consistently cutting yourself.

Stronger growth of hair of your beard or arm hair is a great indicator that minoxidil is working.
I'm less worried about hair loss now. I got heavily depressed after noticing the minoxidil changes.

usern

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely not permanent. How long it will take to cycle back to normal varies with individual. Three months max.
have you experienced that before? I'm severly depressed and started getting OCD everyday looking at the new hairs on my body.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
@usern thicker body hair is a common side effect of minoxidil use. If you are actually getting anxious over stronger beard hair just wait til your hair loss becomes noticable, you will likely experience crippling depression and social isolation. If you cant push on with proven treatments due to very minor side effects then i dont think you deserve to keep your hair.