Increased Abundance Of P. Acnes In Miniaturized Hair Follicles

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Abstract
Androgenetic alopecia is the most common form of hair loss in males. It is a multifactorial condition involving genetic predisposition and hormonal changes. The role of microflora during hair loss remains to be understood. We therefore analyzed the microbiome of hair follicles from hair loss patients and the healthy. Hair follicles were extracted from occipital and vertex region of hair loss patients and healthy volunteers and further dissected into middle and lower compartments. The microbiome was then characterized by 16S rRNA sequencing. Distinct microbial population were found in the middle and lower compartment of hair follicles. Middle hair compartment was predominated by Burkholderia spp. and less diverse; while higher bacterial diversity was observed in the lower hair portion. Occipital and vertex hair follicles did not show significant differences. In hair loss patients, miniaturized vertex hair houses elevated Propionibacterium acnes in the middle and lower compartments while non-miniaturized hair of other regions were comparable to the healthy. Increased abundance of P. acnes in miniaturized hair follicles could be associated to elevated immune response gene expression in the hair follicle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31050675

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Abstract
Androgenetic alopecia is the most common form of hair loss in males. It is a multifactorial condition involving genetic predisposition and hormonal changes. The role of microflora during hair loss remains to be understood. We therefore analyzed the microbiome of hair follicles from hair loss patients and the healthy. Hair follicles were extracted from occipital and vertex region of hair loss patients and healthy volunteers and further dissected into middle and lower compartments. The microbiome was then characterized by 16S rRNA sequencing. Distinct microbial population were found in the middle and lower compartment of hair follicles. Middle hair compartment was predominated by Burkholderia spp. and less diverse; while higher bacterial diversity was observed in the lower hair portion. Occipital and vertex hair follicles did not show significant differences. In hair loss patients, miniaturized vertex hair houses elevated Propionibacterium acnes in the middle and lower compartments while non-miniaturized hair of other regions were comparable to the healthy. Increased abundance of P. acnes in miniaturized hair follicles could be associated to elevated immune response gene expression in the hair follicle.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/31050675

Their is many parallels between acne and male pattern baldness. And I just saw this natural cure of severe acne saukeraut !

https://www.sbs.com.au/food/article/2019/05/01/can-spreading-sauerkraut-your-skin-help-treat-acne

In 6 months her sever acne waa cured.. I wounder if it would have the same effect on male pattern baldness? It could.. it's high in probiotics.. sodium lactate vit a as well that are all recently found helpful

Jakejr

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Acne especially in adults IMO comes from excess sebum. When I took some anti-androgen herbal pills, first thing I noticed was elimination of adult acne. So I can only surmise excess sebum is associated with acne. Is also detrimental to hair growth. Sebum probably when generated is full of DHT.

NotInmywatch

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Acne especially in adults IMO comes from excess sebum. When I took some anti-androgen herbal pills, first thing I noticed was elimination of adult acne. So I can only surmise excess sebum is associated with acne. Is also detrimental to hair growth. Sebum probably when generated is full of DHT.
that's the whole point of winlevi being extremely effective for acne

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

That’s not how acne works... An over production of sebum leads to pores becoming clogged, and if it gets infected it leads to a pimple.

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s not how acne works... An over production of sebum leads to pores becoming clogged, and if it gets infected it leads to a pimple.
This lady had a miraculous cure to her acne with saurekraut! And she tried many other drugs that did not work.. now I wounder if it would have the same effect on male pattern baldness! It basically rejuvenated her skin.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
This lady had a miraculous cure to her acne with saurekraut! And she tried many other drugs that did not work.. now I wounder if it would have the same effect on male pattern baldness! It basically rejuvenated her skin.

I don't think it would. I don't think that sebum would have any effect on androgenic alopecia; if that was the case, isotretinoin could be used to treat hair loss. I have minimal oil production on my scalp ever since I used isotretinoin yet I still suffer with hair loss...

Jk1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think it would. I don't think that sebum would have any effect on androgenic alopecia; if that was the case, isotretinoin could be used to treat hair loss. I have minimal oil production on my scalp ever since I used isotretinoin yet I still suffer with hair loss...
The part where I think it might is that it somehow stoped the red inflamation and reversed her bad scarring as well. I saw her face in tv and for her age the comments were she looked younger then her age ! So somehow the skin was rejuvenated similarly to dermarolling. In the trial of other people their was a 40 pcnt success rate. Tretinoin is just one drug that does not have such an effect to reverse scarring.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The part where I think it might is that it somehow stoped the red inflamation and reversed her bad scarring as well. I saw her face in tv and for her age the comments were she looked younger then her age ! So somehow the skin was rejuvenated similarly to dermarolling. In the trial of other people their was a 40 pcnt success rate. Tretinoin is just one drug that does not have such an effect to reverse scarring.

Isotretinoin does speed up the process of fading post-inflammatory erythema. I do not think any medication or food could reverse bad scarring; that sounds like a phoney story. Even the toughest treatments find it difficult to reverse bad scarring (I'm guessing you mean ice-pick/boxcar scars).

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Isotretinoin can be use it for androgenetic alopecia and i far superior than finasteride , in my case was as good as dutasteride . Isotretinoin inhibit DHT plus androtesdione . You can sear on pubmed about it . 10 mg daily is all you need .

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Isotretinoin can be use it for androgenetic alopecia and i far superior than finasteride , in my case was as good as dutasteride . Isotretinoin inhibit DHT plus androtesdione . You can sear on pubmed about it . 10 mg daily is all you need .

So why dont you take it ? Any side effects ?

Dat5Years

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm no scientist but here is the study:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7714084

'n accordance with recent findings, no change in serum testosterone and significant decreases in 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone, 5 alpha-androstane-3 alpha,17 beta-diol glucosiduronate, and androsterone glucosiduronate levels were observed after treatment. Androgen receptor status was investigated in back skin biopsies obtained in acne areas before and after 3 months of isotretinoin treatment. The treatment did not modify the binding affinity constant of skin androgen receptor (0.44 vs. 0.32 nmol/L), but it did induce a 2.6-fold decrease in its binding capacity constant (62 vs. 24 fmol/mg cytosolic protein), as assessed by Scatchard plot and confirmed immunologically by Western blot analysis. These data clearly showed that skin androgen receptor was sensitive to oral isotretinoin administration in acneic patients. The decrease in skin androgen receptor levels (this study) and the recently reported suppression of skin 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone production by isotretinoin treatment appeared consistent with the involvement of androgen receptor and 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone in the pathogenesis of acne. Indeed, sebum production is under androgen control, and an abnormal response of the pilosebaceous unit to androgens appears to be implicated in the pathogenesis of acne. These observations were consistent with the absence of sebum in complete androgen-insensitive patients and normal sebum production in male pseudohermaphrodites."

I have no idea what any of this means btw

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
So why dont you take it ? Any side effects ?
I took it from 1998 none stop till 2009 ( a year more or a year less ) . Than I wanted to have a child , and simple stoped ( I was on Dutasterdide thought, but dutasteride is safer than isotretinoin if you want to have a child ) .
Then I was older, and Thought than only using dutasteride ( oral ) was more than enought.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I took it from 1998 none stop till 2009 ( a year more or a year less ) . Than I wanted to have a child , and simple stoped ( I was on Dutasterdide thought, but dutasteride is safer than isotretinoin if you want to have a child ) .
Then I was older, and Thought than only using dutasteride ( oral ) was more than enought.

The fact you was on dutasteride too is not a good point , how can you know if it works, maybe the dutasteride was doing all the work.

I see the study, i only doubt because it seems very toxic, i also drink alcohol at least 1 day a week..

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The fact you was on dutasteride too is not a good point , how can you know if it works, maybe the dutasteride was doing all the work.

I see the study, i only doubt because it seems very toxic, i also drink alcohol at least 1 day a week..
OMG, I don't know why I even bother to answer you. Dutasteride was first sale in 2002, do your maths.
"It seems very toxic " I guess that is a deduction from you, why read bibliography , not ?

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Did you ever took the time to tell to "Dat5Years" " thank you to post the abstract of the paper " did you ever read it ? You know, there are more things that p**rn, youtube and trolling on the net.

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
w

hat was those pills ?

Vinc2097

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OMG, I don't know why I even bother to answer you. Dutasteride was first sale in 2002, do your maths.
"It seems very toxic " I guess that is a deduction from you, why read bibliography , not ?

wasnt you couple months ago in every thread against fina/duta ?

irishlad8787

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I took isotretionin for acne 10 years ago and it doesn't stop hairloss, actually i had no male pattern baldness before talking it and after i stopped i began balding, anecdotal reports that it cam cause early onset male pattern baldness for those that will be prone to balding. Me and my older brother both took it and both are balding, my eldest brother never took it and has a full head of hair so i have my doubts.