In The Past I've Asserted That Science Is Close To Curing The Entire Aging Process....

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
What do you think about topical application of the substance FOXO4?

Here's an article out today.

https://singularityhub.com/2017/04/05/old-mice-made-young-again-with-new-anti-aging-drug/

What I want to try is a peptide like this in combination with the telomerase elongating therapies being experimented with. And here is a key quote about hair growth in the linked article says:

"While not initially planning on looking at hair loss, the change was so dramatic it couldn’t be ignored. The lab technician ran into my office and told me “the mice have regrown their hair, we’ve never seen that before,” recounts De Keizer."

I understand that even though De Keizer says the lab assistant had never seen mice regrow their hair from a drug doesn't mean nobody else has. It happens a lot. But sometimes when it happens in mice it also happens in humans.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
New member……no wonder……Nameless (Jarjarbinx) is just a troll I think it's meaningless to ask him, you can see in the Tsuji thread how he is attacked by members. And I wanna remind you that he had ever thought Dr.Nigam will work lol.

You're an idiot. And yea some people in the Tsuji thread disagree with me but some people also disagreed with Columbus regarding his wild idea that the world is round. So f'n what?

And I never said "Nigam will work". I said I support Nigam's efforts to use hanging drops to culture hair cells in ADSC growth factors, which is what he was experimenting with. BTW Yale University says that growth factors from ADSCs can grow hair you idiot.

Last edited:

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aging is a normal process of humams life, everyone gets old and everyone dies, but not everyone go bald.

WE WANT A f*****g CURE FOR BALDNESS!!

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aging is a normal process of humams life, everyone gets old and everyone dies, but not everyone go bald.

WE WANT A f*****g CURE FOR BALDNESS!!

What if baldness is a normal part of aging, and aging is a disease?

What if medical science decided that infections in general are normal, and that we should not treat them with antibiotics in favor of letting Darwinian evolution decide our fate? Too, aging is expensive. Like a baldness cure, it would be nice if people had the choice to live longer. Having more choices is a good thing imo.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
In the past, Dr Angela Christiano has said she thinks a cure for pattern baldness will be a topical cream or ointment. If she's right, development of a kind of super rogaine, one that actually works to grow hair, will be a disruptive technology that will make hair transplants and cell therapies of all kinds far less cost effective and ultimately obsolete than a simple OTC or perhaps prescription ointment. Here is an example for leading edge research to re-grow inner ear hair cells using drugs. It's not scalp hair but hair in a vexingly difficult part of the human body to study, and access with drug therapies, until recently.

http://news.mit.edu/2017/drug-treatment-combat-hearing-loss-0221

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
(Respective of hair loss industry not anti aging) Only difference is that our generation is the first to actually witness some proper development in hair loss treatments. Think about it, man has been suffering through hair loss for millions of years and it's only been in the past twenty years that we have had minoxidil, finasteride, and decent hair transplants. At this point I have basically convinced myself that there will definitely be better treatments for hair loss within the next 10 years.
Do not forget that these are not discoveries but only chance has made the job :D

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In the past, Dr Angela Christiano has said she thinks a cure for pattern baldness will be a topical cream or ointment. If she's right, development of a kind of super rogaine, one that actually works to grow hair, will be a disruptive technology that will make hair transplants and cell therapies of all kinds far less cost effective and ultimately obsolete than a simple OTC or perhaps prescription ointment. Here is an example for leading edge research to re-grow inner ear hair cells using drugs. It's not scalp hair but hair in a vexingly difficult part of the human body to study, and access with drug therapies, until recently.

http://news.mit.edu/2017/drug-treatment-combat-hearing-loss-0221

Reconstructing the scalp hair is much more complex.And the reconstruction of the cells of the ear is only partial.It will still have to wait for a long time again to see real progress in this domain

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an article out today.

https://singularityhub.com/2017/04/05/old-mice-made-young-again-with-new-anti-aging-drug/

What I want to try is a peptide like this in combination with the telomerase elongating therapies being experimented with. And here is a key quote about hair growth in the linked article says:

"While not initially planning on looking at hair loss, the change was so dramatic it couldn’t be ignored. The lab technician ran into my office and told me “the mice have regrown their hair, we’ve never seen that before,” recounts De Keizer."

I understand that even though De Keizer says the lab assistant had never seen mice regrow their hair from a drug doesn't mean nobody else has. It happens a lot. But sometimes when it happens in mice it also happens in humans.
mice haven't hair scalp like humans

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not forget that these are not discoveries but only chance has made the job :D
"Only chance has made the job" and it could be that chance again will be responsible for more discoveries. There's an undeniable exponential increase in medicine and scientific research so naturally there's a better probability of something being found that treats hair loss. Both finasteride and minoxidil were discovered by chance and now Dr Brotzu says he accidentally found another potential treatment when testing in circulatory disorders for diabetes.

I have managed to slow down my hair loss (still losing but much slower rate) using minoxidil alfatradiol and ketoconazole. Merely 20 years ago people wouldn't even be able to slow down their hair loss.

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Only chance has made the job" and it could be that chance again will be responsible for more discoveries. There's an undeniable exponential increase in medicine and scientific research so naturally there's a better probability of something being found that treats hair loss. Both finasteride and minoxidil were discovered by chance and now Dr Brotzu says he accidentally found another potential treatment when testing in circulatory disorders for diabetes.

I have managed to slow down my hair loss (still losing but much slower rate) using minoxidil alfatradiol and ketoconazole. Merely 20 years ago people wouldn't even be able to slow down their hair loss.

It's beautiful optimism. We know what we have today (it's not a lot ), but we do not know what we will have tomorrow.Brotzu it's a big scam.I have already said. I will not count on it at your place.From what I see for the future, there is nothing certain.But I count on chance also,lol

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's beautiful optimism. We know what we have today (it's not a lot ), but we do not know what we will have tomorrow.Brotzu it's a big scam.I have already said. I will not count on it at your place.From what I see for the future, there is nothing certain.But I count on chance also,lol
It doesn't strike me as a scam like the reboost stuff. But only time will tell I guess.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Reconstructing the scalp hair is much more complex.And the reconstruction of the cells of the ear is only partial.It will still have to wait for a long time again to see real progress in this domain

I think both types of hair are complex organs with unique cellular signaling and growth cycles. If a scalp hair breaks anywhere along the shaft, the follicle produces more hair. Not so with cochlear hairs. Only 15k hairs per cochlea , and they serve an important biomechanical/sensorineural purpose. There is a race on around the world to re-grow these precious hairs with drugs, gene and cell therapies.

Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think both types of hair are complex organs with unique cellular signaling and growth cycles. If a scalp hair breaks anywhere along the shaft, the follicle produces more hair. Not so with cochlear hairs. Only 15k hairs per cochlea , and they serve an important biomechanical/sensorineural purpose. There is a race on around the world to re-grow these precious hairs with drugs, gene and cell therapies.

The race about theses drugs is a marathon rather than a sprint.
Can be tsuji will take shortcuts

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The race about theses drugs is a marathon rather than a sprint.
Can be tsuji will take shortcuts

Yes it does seem like a marathon. I think we will see real progress on both Androgenetic Alopecia and deafness in the near to mid term. Frequency Therapeutics officials say they plan to begin clinical trials for hearing loss in 18 months. Using a specialized drug delivery procedure they will attempt to re-grow a type of human hair which normally does not. http://www.xconomy.com/bos7ton/2017/01/05/frequency-led-by-mits-langer-aims-to-fight-hearing-loss-with-drugs/

Last edited:

Nadia1972

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes it does seem like a marathon. I think we will see real progress on both Androgenetic Alopecia and deafness in the near to mid term. Frequency Therapeutics officials say they plan to begin clinical trials for hearing loss in 18 months. Using a specialized drug delivery procedure they will attempt to re-grow a type of human hair which normally does not. http://www.xconomy.com/bos7ton/2017/01/05/frequency-led-by-mits-langer-aims-to-fight-hearing-loss-with-drugs/
Some people on the forum say that hair cells are not progenitors.According to the article, only some cells in the ear are progenitors

abcdefg

Reaction score
I think its stupid to call medicine science. There is barely any science in it. Its most guessing.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Some people on the forum say that hair cells are not progenitors.According to the article, only some cells in the ear are progenitors

Progenitor cells are programmed to develop into specific types of cells whereas stem cells may create a number of different types, like a hair follicle , sebaceous gland or ordinary skin .

According to recent research from Southwestern Medical Center, if cells with the SCF gene and functioning protein referred to as KROX20 move up from the bulb of the hair follicle, they will interact with pigment-producing melanocytes and make hair. Southwestern scientists were doing cancer research when they made this discovery.

Last edited:

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some may find this of interest. New company and products toward end of video.