In The Past I've Asserted That Science Is Close To Curing The Entire Aging Process....

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If they cure the entire aging process that treatment could cure hair loss. Here's a new treatment that looks like it might be helpful in that regard. It's got to go through more testing but perhaps it could be made black-market in a year or two after testing to find out the correct dose for humans.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2017/03March...-hair-growth-and-reverses-ageing-in-mice.aspx

The only thing scientists have found was calorie restriction can help you age better. But that
depends on when you start.

If you want to slow down your aging, eat healthy and get lots of rest.

Even wine can cause cancer. Scientists used to think red wine could cure everything.

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
That would be ridiculous, how can aging be simpler to cure than hair loss?

At this rate, nothing would surprise me though. The hair loss industry has been pathetically devoid of practical advancements for a long time.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

At this rate, nothing would surprise me though. The hair loss industry has been pathetically devoid of practical advancements for a long time.

They have. It's bullshit, if you think about though.

Because hair is visible. And there are probably many animal models they
can use to test it.

Giiizmo

Established Member
Reaction score
They have. It's bullshit, if you think about though.

Because hair is visible. And there are probably many animal models they
can use to test it.

The murine model is garbage when it comes to hair loss - everything grows hair on mice.

Other animal models are even more impractical, not because they'd be even farther related to us, but mostly because bleeding hearts try to hinder research on animals as much as possible. Even testing on f*****g rodents requires many authorizations and permits. A shame animal rights activists forget that without animal models we wouldn't even have medical insulin as a treatment.

NorwoodGuardian

Established Member
Reaction score
What do you think about topical application of the substance FOXO4?

New member……no wonder……Nameless (Jarjarbinx) is just a troll I think it's meaningless to ask him, you can see in the Tsuji thread how he is attacked by members. And I wanna remind you that he had ever thought Dr.Nigam will work lol.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with human hair is that it's almost unique on earth. It's the only hair that grows for years and potentially longer than 60 cm.

Anyways, the peptide is available.
https://www.novoprolabs.com/p/foxo4-dri-peptide-318716.html
Would be interesting to see what biohackers like Tim Ferris do with it.

Grasshüpfer

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Problem with human hair is that it's almost unique on earth. It's the only hair that grows for years and potentially longer than 60 cm.

Anyways, the peptide is available.
https://www.novoprolabs.com/p/foxo4-dri-peptide-318716.html
Would be interesting to see what biohackers like Tim Ferris do with it.

Looks like the price has gone up since I found it a month ago. They must be getting a lot of orders. Good, I hope to see reports of people testing it soon.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score

It's not, it's infinitely more complex, which should kill any illusions nameless has of living forever.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a saying that I'll paraphrase (and butcher); a futurologist will always predict the time we will cure aging as their life expectancy minus 10 to 20 years.

Morning Norwood

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also with hair loss, we have non-balding individuals that serve as control groups when studying the condition (the difficult part is just where to look in the vast genome for relevant hair-related genes). Whereas there obviously aren't any people who don't age. The best we have to go off are animals that possess anti-aging traits (lobsters e.g. don't experience senescence if I recall).

On the other hand, only a small portion of the population gives a sh*t about hairloss, whereas everyone wants to slow aging. So the impetus is there.

MomoGee

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a saying that I'll paraphrase (and butcher); a futurologist will always predict the time we will cure aging as their life expectancy minus 10 to 20 years.
(Respective of hair loss industry not anti aging) Only difference is that our generation is the first to actually witness some proper development in hair loss treatments. Think about it, man has been suffering through hair loss for millions of years and it's only been in the past twenty years that we have had minoxidil, finasteride, and decent hair transplants. At this point I have basically convinced myself that there will definitely be better treatments for hair loss within the next 10 years.

NewUser

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Mouse model is
The murine model is garbage when it comes to hair loss - everything grows hair on mice.

Other animal models are even more impractical, not because they'd be even farther related to us, but mostly because bleeding hearts try to hinder research on animals as much as possible. Even testing on f*****g rodents requires many authorizations and permits. A shame animal rights activists forget that without animal models we wouldn't even have medical insulin as a treatment.

Mouse model valuable bc it has 100 years of research behind it. Mice are mammals the same and get many diseases the same as us. 75% genetically the same, and mice are genetically reprogrammable to have diseases that we have, like deafness, blindness and even naked mice. Drug effects on their entire life span can be observed within a couple of years as opposed to decades for us and other primates. Mice are mighty in the scientific world.

Last edited:

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about topical application of the substance FOXO4?

You've got it backwards.

Cell biologist Peter de Keizer of Erasmus University Medical Center in Rotterdam, the Netherlands, and colleagues were investigating how senescent cells stay alive when they uncovered a different strategy for attacking them. Senescent cells carry the type of DNA damage that should spur a protective protein, called p53, to put them down. Instead, the researchers found that a different protein, FOXO4, latches onto p53 and prevents it from doing its duty.

To counteract this effect, De Keizer and colleagues designed a molecule, known as a peptide, that carries a shortened version of the segment of FOXO4 that attaches to p53. In a petri dish, this peptide prevented FOXO4 and p53 from hooking up, prompting senescent cells to commit suicide. But it spared healthy cells.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017/03/molecule-kills-elderly-cells-reduces-signs-aging-mice

abcdefg

Reaction score
If I had a penny for every article with some insecure bald guy looking at a mirror, and some over hyped BS title like male pattern baldness soon to be cured! I will believe it when I see it. These articles come around all the time, and you never see anything come from it
Pessimistic or realistic your choice.