I'm trying to stay calm but it's tough.

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score
In response to the gyno: Always have Nolvadex on hand (also known as tamoxifen). This is an anti-estrogen that binds to the gland in the nipple, blocking any further estrogen from attaching and causing havoc. This is commonly used in steroid users who use multiple amounts of androgens (testosterone/DHT derivatives) which converts to a silly amount of estrogen in the system. Nolvadex is incredibly powerful and halts gyno even on steroid users.
Before taking Nolvadex (possibly getting other sides) or coming off finasteride, get your blood work done to see if your estrogen is above the normal range; because if it is, you may find the peace of mind all of a sudden stops any potential gyno sides you were experiencing.

Gyno is irreversible and needs to be addressed straight away, otherwise, you will need surgery. Having gyno is going to be 10 times worse than being bald, so getting your blood work done and having nolvadex on hand is a must.

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well then it doesn't sound like gyno to me. I understand you're freaked out. I've had gyno, and had to get surgery to remove it so even now, the experience causes me to notice tenderness /awareness of the nipple/area (especially the fact I take dutasteride 0.5mg per day), and the more I think its there, the more I feel it and am sure its an issue; when there's no issue at all.

Real gyno (if it comes on all of a sudden) is usually very painful when you press on the nipple. Like the pain is a sharp piercing pain. And people usually experience puffy nipples, protruding nipples before any actual build-up of breast tissue. So it does sound like yours is injury related.

If it doesn't subside or you just want to make sure, do what I do below...

I order a discrete finger-prick hormone blood test online, £60 in the UK and I get the results in 3-4 days. 3 times the test has come back showing my estrogen is within normal range.. and all of a sudden.. the tenderness, constant touching the nipple, irritation stops. As soon as I see my estrogen is fine the sides disappear.

Put it this way, if it comes back with your estrogen above the normal range, then you know you need to intervene (either with stoping your medication or adding an AI or Nolvadex). If it comes back within the normal range, you can relax and the £60 is worth the peace of mind. There really is no losing.

Ryanr01234

My Regimen
Reaction score
Giving an update so this thread has a possible close. I know so many don't usually give closure.

There for a minute I was really worried and even thought my left chest was becoming sensitive, even when not touching it. It was really hard to get my mind off it but if I did I would forget. Then it pop in my head. It was almost as if my mind causing the condition.

Then this past week, I had to get out and work on my vehicle. It distracted my mind. All my chest weirdness went away except when I move certain ways still, so I know that is for sure there. It's like it's more skeletal and in my sternum, possibly caused a little swelling. I believe it is tied to where I injured and tore my left chest muscle 2 to 3 months ago. I've read about a couple conditions online that can be caused by tore muscles. They can re-occur for months or even years after.

So to sum up, I believe for the most part all my chest weirdness was from an injury. Then my mind ran with it and began to worry. So for the time being everything seems to be ok, minus injury stuff. Almost scared to admit that like it will jinx me. I had 3 women in the last 24 hours tell me that I had beautiful, or gorgeous hair, or that they would like to play with it. It freaks me out when they say that now because I don't want it to jinx me or something. Used to like to get compliments. I still do but my mind is clearly messed up. I can't even take a compliment correctly.
Good to hear! Its soo easy to jump to the worst-case scenario and accuse finasteride/dutasteride of being the problem, especially when there are soo many horror stories floating around.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. Said it was beautiful.
2. Said she would like to play with it.
3. Said it was gorgeous.
4. Was a longer conversation from this girl who just exploded talking to me, but said I should be on the cover of a magazine riding a horse. What the eff? Haha.
5. Told me I was lucky and how it was nice. And asked was it real.
6. Was a drive thru girl and said she wanted to tell me I had really nice hair.
Come on, bro! This didn’t happen. A horse? Lol