I'm trying to stay calm but it's tough.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
You do have nocturnal and spontaneous erections, right? Sorry for the personal question.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pls_NW-1 I just re-edited my original post and included a few things. Yes, I still get erections in the night/morning about the same as far as can tell, so far. Yes, I get spontaneous erections about the same amount as far as I can tell, so far. I can get an erection from thinking of girls, if I want to. Or just seeing one that I find attractive, in person or on TV. Just a normal amount, not like some sex crazed person. I can still maintain an erection the same as always. My libido is still the same, as well. It's just what happened today. Just worried my semen may have been less thick to a degree. And the feeling of needing to urinate and burning, during and after masturbation.
Might be placebo, could be real, observe it for a few days to weeks more, but try to stay impartial.

No need to worry about penile shrinkage and other horror story fear mongering.

If the other issue is a real thing, you can recover from it when stopping the drug. Some report a recovery for over a year.

Keep us updated!

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pls_NW-1 I am trying to do what you said. I am also going through a gyno scare at the moment as well that I failed to mention, for the last 2 to 3 days. I'm trying so hard to ignore it and not touch my chest anymore, and check again in a week or two. In the mirror and on pictures I don't think it looks like gyno but it's like I can feel it even when not touching it. It's mainly my left chest.

And if I move certain ways or breath out exactly right I feel pressure around my sternum. I did injure my left chest 2 to 3 months ago. I tore a muscle pretty good. It seemed to be healed. But maybe I re-aggravated that. Every since I tore it I've been able to pop my sternum sometimes. I also may have made it slightly tender by touching it too much. I also had a sneezing episode the other day and sneezed like 20 to 30 times, which I read can actually cause tge cartalage in the chest to get inflamed. So all this is overlapping.

I wonder how many other guys have gyno scares and it turns out to not be gyno? Maybe even multiple scares? I also wonder how many actually turn out to be gyno?

Honestly, I am trying to be calm about it. But the thought of gyno scares me really bad. I'm not trying to be dramatic but I don't know how much more of life I can take. I have depression on top of all this (pre-dates finasteride or ever having a thought about hair, though that did make it worse). I just wanted to take 0.25mg a day and try to put my mind at ease so I could actually deal with my depression. For the first 3 months of taking it, I was in as good as place as I had been in years. Still had depression but nearly almost had hope and almost even had a desire to live life and try to achieve again. I'll stop there, because that is enough. I can't believe life ended up this way sometimes. I used to actually believe one day I'd be happy. Now I know there is no hope for me.
:( this post makes me kinda... sad.

I just wanted to say, when you have gyno, you know it, you can feel it. Thats what almost all members say when they experience it. Some counter-act it via Raloxifene, some ignore it and some do a surgery, if its real gyno, mh.

But it is highly unlikely to just get gyno by Finasteride. Tho it might be possible.

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re in your own head. You’re taking 0.25mg of finasteride a day. And these symptoms seem vague. Trust the process and keep going.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am currently taking 0.25mg of finasteride a day as prevention. Have been for 6 months. Sometimes I think my hair looks worse, other times maybe even a gain, then sometimes I think it looks exactly the same.

As far as sides go. I think I've lost or thinned some body hair. Never was that hairy so hard to tell for sure.

I usually masturbate 1 to 3 times a week. Never more. I think it is healthy to sometimes. But some things happened in my life this month and I had to go like 1.5 weeks and not do it. I've been able to easily get an erection just thinking about girls as always. However, I finally was able to masturbate today and my semen seemed less thick (not sure). Not watery but just more fluidy, I guess. And only part of it. I hate to be descriptive but we're all guys here. Also I've been burning down there and feeling like I have to urinate more today. Maybe I have a UTI. I then masturbated twice like 3 hours later to check again. Semen was exactly the same. Almost normal, maybe even normal (hard to say for sure). It was a little less volume though, which makes sense. My point is up until today my semen and everything in that area was 100% normal on finasteride. I am now scared that after 6 months I am going to get watery semen and have problems when masturbating. Erections themselves are still fine, libido too.

I do understand that it could be maybe from a UTI. Or going 1.5 weeks and then trying to go to fast for lack of better way to describe it. Or maybe even from depression (not going to annoy anybody by even going into this topic). But I also worry that it is from the finasteride. I am going to give it some more time and keep a check on things before stopping or changing doses. I am thinking of maybe doing 0.25mg every other day.

Feel free to mock me for this post but I figured maybe it might help others and two, I just needed a place to talk. Anyway, I think I explained everything as best as I can. I just want to be happy and live life (even though I often think of ending it). Something that is currently passing me by.
I’d be extremely surprised if you had a UTI as a young man, unless you’ve been doing the dirty a lot recently lol. I think you need to completely distract yourself from this symptom list you’ve created as it’s a recipe for nocebo sides. The most you should do is take some regular & consistent pics of your hair every month or so.

TacoWasTaken

My Regimen
Reaction score
Also I've been burning down there and feeling like I have to urinate more today. Maybe I have a UTI. I then masturbated twice like 3 hours later to check again.
If it is a discomfort burning and the urge to pee consistently for a few hours, I wouldn't worry about it. I have had the problem a couple of times a year since puberty and I'm pretty sure it's either from caffeine or acidity in sperm/urine burning away protective membranes in the urethra. I found a talk online about health and the exact symptoms were in there, haven't been able to find it since, though.

SausageDawg

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@SausageDawg Yeah the burning passed. That may have just been a fluke or from a number of other reasons. I was doubtful it was a UTI as well, but still listed it. I do take pictures of my hair once a month, occasionally twice. My biggest concern right now is this gyno scare, not even the possibly, slightly, watery semen. I am hoping that maybe I just re-aggravated the injury I had in some way. My chest just doesn't feel right when I breath certain ways or move certain ways. And I can pop/crunch my sternum a number of times per day ever since the injury that happened 2 to 3 months ago. Popped it 20 minutes ago when turning over. I could never do that before. I just really hope I am not getting gyno. I'd much rather it is from the injury flaring back up. Although that creates another problem, because of course I'd like the injury to heal completely, if that's what it is.

I am trying to ignore thinking about it, and I am icing my chest again (in case it's the injury), and taking it one day at a time.
Yeah I think we all get that burning from time - to time (commonly caused by urinating too soon after masturbating) . My mum and her partner are both urologists and they laughed in my face when I told them I thought I had a UTI. It’s just so unlikely unless you’re sleeping with dirty girls. But yeah do keep me posted on the gyno, hopefully it is just the aftermath of the injury. Sounds like you’ve got your head screwed on so just try not to over-react or even under-react for that matter, the sides are definitely possible but gynos improbable.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@Pls_NW-1 I just re-edited my original post and included a few things. Yes, I still get erections in the night/morning about the same as far as can tell, so far. Yes, I get spontaneous erections about the same amount as far as I can tell, so far. I can get an erection from thinking of girls, if I want to. Or just seeing one that I find attractive, in person or on TV. Just a normal amount, not like some sex crazed person. I can still maintain an erection the same as always. My libido is still the same, as well. It's just what happened today. Just worried my semen may have been less thick to a degree. And the feeling of needing to urinate and burning, during and after masturbation.
How old are you? I would be interested to see some pictures of your scalp.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think everyday, things could have been so different if this had went that way or this way, or if he didn't die.
Don’t do that, that will keep you depressed for life. Read a book called The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.

Be careful with finasteride. It really messes with neurosteroids so isn’t great for depression and anxiety(obviously)

itsme123

Reaction score
I’ve take 0.25mg of finasteride every 3-4 days and around month two my hair grew like I couldn’t believe. My temples grew too which I thought wasn’t possible.

Here’s the catch. My dick stopped working and I developed gyno which I still have to this day 10-12 years later.

I’m seriously considering going on topical finasteride, hoping I won’t get the sides.

To the people saying you can’t get gyno from finasteride, your dead wrong.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve take 0.25mg of finasteride every 3-4 days and around month two my hair grew like I couldn’t believe. My temples grew too which I thought wasn’t possible.

Here’s the catch. My dick stopped working and I developed gyno which I still have to this day 10-12 years later.

I’m seriously considering going on topical finasteride, hoping I won’t get the sides.

To the people saying you can’t get gyno from finasteride, your dead wrong.
Yep, 0.25 is powerful. 1mg is simply overkill. 0.25 EOD thickened my hair. I couldn’t live with gyno. How bad is it?

itsme123

Reaction score
To the person mentioning my credibility, I got a hair transplant in 2013 or 2014 with Rahul. I’ve never been much of a poster more of a lurker trying to gather information.
I stopped researching mostly because the hair transplant made me feel better and not worry about my hair but without finasteride things obviously are getting worse.

in my email I even suggested everyone try finasteride and even me currently am debating getting on finasteride topical. But once again I believe the side effects are worse than advertised and I in no way shape or form believe 1/1000 people get Gyno. My usuage was significantly low and my Gyno is pretty obvious.
It’s just funny, I notice on these forums sometimes people who say they had bad sides from finasteride then people will jump on them questioning their credibility.

itsme123

Reaction score
Fair enough.

But yea I had absurdly good results from using a small amount of dosage, but had just as bad side effects.
Either way I think everyone should try it and hope for the best.

Jeju

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Too many people report gyno here for it to be 1/1000 or whatever. The sexual sides are much higher, too. I suspect the studies are and reports are bullchit.