I'm terrified of what will happen when stopping minoxidil

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's been 2 days that I stopped minoxidil and my skin is doing so much better but I'm terrified, I'm afraid of finding myself bald.

Testimonials from people who have stopped the minoxidil, how long it takes to have a sheeding after stopping.

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’ll be bald in 3-12 months

czecha

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah initial state and in some cases more hair got minoxidil dependent so u can lose that too
Don’t hop off if you like having hair tbh

Depression

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah initial state and in some cases more hair got minoxidil dependent so u can lose that too
Don’t hop off if you like having hair tbh

I have to stop it, my face has been swelling for some time, I didn't look like anything anymore. Do you think its a game-changer that I'm on finasteride, could my hair be saved?

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
It's been 2 days that I stopped minoxidil and my skin is doing so much better but I'm terrified, I'm afraid of finding myself bald.

Testimonials from people who have stopped the minoxidil, how long it takes to have a sheeding after stopping.
I have quit minoxidil at least 10 times and never had any bad shedding. I think you would be fine using 2 percent if you had sides and you could use it every other day if every day is giving you sides.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not sure how effective it would be but if you are getting water retention your face dandelion root might help as it is a natural diuretic.

debyne

Established Member
Reaction score
Any new hair from minoxidil will be lost, regardless of whether you're on Fina

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok thanks and you know when the sheeding is going to happen after the shutdown?
What formula are you on?

I had terrible skin on cheap minoxidil with PG + ethanol and found that the pg and alcohol free stuff was significantly better for my face hair and skin, also reverse some of the skin issues by hopping on tretinoin its godly for skin restoration and anti ageing (best advice ever).

Last edited: