Im only 16

Natty207

Reaction score
Hey yall, i am Jenny8551 sis. Yes i am the 16 year old with a hair loss problem. Im not sure what to do, heck i dont know what this could be it couldd be anything. my sister stated that i have 2 spots already and well not only two large spots but there are many little spots that dont seem to be getting larger but everywhere throughout my head there are little patches. im hoping they dont get anylarger but nothing seems to be getting anybetter. If any body has any advice on how to take care of this problem or what to do please inform me. i intend on seeing a doctor about this but im not sure which kind of doctor to see. If there are any other teenagers that happen to have a couple bald spots i would feel better if i heard from you. Advice would be nice to hear from someone my age too. thanks a lot ~ :lol:

totaldispHAIR

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Natty207,

So sorry to hear that you're going through this. Read through some of the other postings below that your sister had started; there's quite a bit of advice there. Start with a dermatologist; your primary care physician will probably take a look at it, run some thyroid tests and then tell you to see a derma to talk about cortizone shots and other possible treatments for Alopecia Areata.

angiepooface

Reaction score
Don't worry about it. Just make sure you do your homework and find out what can possibly be causing your hairloss. I'm only 17, so I know how you are feeling. I lost half my hair when I was 15 and had an eating disorder that caused a thyroid problem (weight loss meds being ditched got rid of that) and then the hairloss dissapeared within 2 months and started growing back right away. Then this year at 17, I was bulimic and became anemic which takes longer to recover, but I already notice a difference since I started iron pills. Like me, you're young, and you have much more chances of recovering from your hairloss than someone who is older. Your body is still strong. Just take care of yourself. :)