I'm Leaving This Site. finasteride Is Working For Me.

Kevin19888

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys... I decided that I'm not letting the New Research, Studies, and Technologies section on this site consume my life anymore.

I've been on finasteride for 9 months now and the results are actually greater than I could have ever hoped for.

I think we need to all come to the realization that the latest news (Brotzu, Tsjui and tofinacitib) are/were disappointments and/or are unrealistic at this point.

I want each and every one of you to understand and realize that while baldness sucks, and it does limit your life in many ways, we only get to spend ONE life on this earth, and that your best bet is to just play the cards you've been dealt.

If finasteride gives you too many side-effect, I am sorry. My experience, and that of my brothers and 3 of my closest friends, have been absolutely incredible up until now, and I feel blessed that I live in a time where there is actually medicine available, and at such an affordable cost. The process has truly humbled me.

Letting your life become consumed by our unfortunate condition is simply not a life worth living.

I've been blessed that I caught my hairloss on time and took the risk of taking finasteride, which resulted in a (somewhat) ok looking hairline. With the right haircut and having it messy over my forehead, people actually don't notice it at all. I'm simply working with what I got, using the options available to me, and making the best out of my life.

If an actual new treatment/medicine that works 100%, that will just be more reason to rejoice... but I am NOT banking on it. Too many let downs.

Life is precious... even when cursed with male pattern baldness.

Peace out fellas!
Thanks for letting us know. Reply in the correct sub section next time.

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good for you - you didn't succumb to the baseless fear mongering and have now effectively stopped your loss. Me? I've been on it for 20 years sides-free (like 99% of everyone else who takes it), having maintained a NW1 for a decade, followed by NW2 for another decade (which is basically the normal progression for someone my age who doesn't suffer from hair loss). Hair loss sufferers who won't get on finasteride are basically accepting their NW6+ fate, all because they believe anecdotal evidence collected on obscure forums populated by people with higher-than-average levels of mental illness. Every time I see a thread title along the lines of, "I'm losing my hair, but don't want to take finasteride - what else is there that I can take?" I just shake my (hairy) head.

Newbies, read this post carefully and heed the warning:

Hello brothers
I'm 37 years old, I've been balding for 15 years and I used only Minoxidil.
Now I am Norwood 6 and very sorry that I did not take Propecia (although there were reasons).

Don't be this guy.

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I really really wish finasteride didnt give me sides, its so easy just pop a pill every day and be done.

Could finally leave all the hateful cretins on here forever, and go on with my life and not worry about this sh*t!

I don't know how old you are, but keep this in mind: Follica WILL be available within three years (potentially years sooner), and it will grow a lot of hair. AND it will get better - they will continue to evolve the technique as they add new compounds to the protocol. In addition to Follica, there are other exciting compounds and protocols in trials; by 2025, there will be many new and more effective options.

It sounds far away, but it truly is right around the corner. You guys in your early 20's have no idea how good you actually have it; for the entirety of human history, there was nothing that could be done about hair loss, and for the last several generations, the options were limited and minimally effective. You may think life is over at 25, but it hasn't even started yet; if you're in your early 20's now, you'll have so much more hair by the time you're 30, and probably a total NW0 by 35. Until then, do whatever you can to keep what you have.

INT

Reaction score
Hello brothers
I'm 37 years old, I've been balding for 15 years and I used only Minoxidil.
Now I am Norwood 6 and very sorry that I did not take Propecia (although there were reasons).
You think there is a chance that starting Propecia now with other treatments (Nizoral shampoo, Minoxidil, 2.0 microneedling, castor oil, maybe stemoxydine and more) will help me get back a few years back? There is a chance for serious improvement?
I would appreciate your help! need hope

For how long have you been on/off minoxidil?

INT

Reaction score
There is a chance. I wouldn’t expect to get to Norwood 0, but you could definitely gain a few norwoods with finasteride + min + dermarolling

Do not give false hope. It is very very rare that people gain 'a few norwoods' with pretty much any treatment.

INT

Reaction score
Good for you - you didn't succumb to the baseless fear mongering and have now effectively stopped your loss. Me? I've been on it for 20 years sides-free (like 99% of everyone else who takes it), having maintained a NW1 for a decade, followed by NW2 for another decade (which is basically the normal progression for someone my age who doesn't suffer from hair loss). Hair loss sufferers who won't get on finasteride are basically accepting their NW6+ fate, all because they believe anecdotal evidence collected on obscure forums populated by people with higher-than-average levels of mental illness. Every time I see a thread title along the lines of, "I'm losing my hair, but don't want to take finasteride - what else is there that I can take?" I just shake my (hairy) head.

Newbies, read this post carefully and heed the warning:

Don't be this guy.

I am someone that got very severe side effects from finsterided that lingered for a good 2 years till I saw true improvements. Is there a lot of fear mongering going on from people that will tell you that you will turn into a woman from saying the word 'finasteride' three times in the mirror. Sure, there are. I would not consider all of the negativity surrounding the drug baseless fear however.

I also do not agree that people who do not get on finasteride accept their NW6+ fate. There have been many people that have managed to get results from a treatment (combination) that excluded finasteride.

You also disregard that a lot of people actually tried finasteride but somehow, despite having no other health issues, their body had a bad reaction to it, that in many cases was not just in their head. I also do not recall any research that has studied mental health of users on this forum so I am not sure what you wanted to achieve with that comment.

Yes you are right, a lot of the fear regarding finasteride is based on anecdotal claims. Recent research does slowly seem to be catching up a little bit however. Still, scientific evidence is not on the side of 'team against finasteride' yet. But take into account that Merck also has brought a medicine to the market that was proven to be safe in many studies but still started killing numerous people and was taken off the market.

I also get you... Finasteride saved your hair. That must be a great feeling. We tend to think that what applies to us, will apply to everyone but that is not always the case.

INT

Reaction score
I don't know how old you are, but keep this in mind: Follica WILL be available within three years (potentially years sooner), and it will grow a lot of hair. AND it will get better - they will continue to evolve the technique as they add new compounds to the protocol. In addition to Follica, there are other exciting compounds and protocols in trials; by 2025, there will be many new and more effective options.

It sounds far away, but it truly is right around the corner.

It is obvious that you are new around here.

ZP31

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical Finasteride is a good option for those of you who got sides.

IncognitoMan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@INT are you saying you had sides for 2 years until they started to dissipate? Or, that after two years you started to see improvement in hair from finasteride? Has anyone seen an increase in density around hairline after one year on finasteride? I’ve just finished 11 months, and my density hasn’t really improved, but appears to have stayed roughly the same (maybe a tad worse).

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
You’re a fucken idiot lol yes I did. I didn’t even know I could get impotency from Saw Palmetto till it fucken happened. Saw Palmetto is still a DHT inhibitor. Go read a book or learn something. Sounds like you need it.
Tour is over for you. And it ain't even close howly sht.

Dimmer97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im sorry but, take this thread somewhere else. It's not research and technology.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Happy for you but you're lucky.
I gave it a try and it gave my gyno.

Here someone more unlucky than you it gave an allergic reaction , every time i took the pill my face start swelling . At least you can go ahead with the surgery and remove the gland. Problem solved

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am someone that got very severe side effects from finsterided that lingered for a good 2 years till I saw true improvements. Is there a lot of fear mongering going on from people that will tell you that you will turn into a woman from saying the word 'finasteride' three times in the mirror. Sure, there are. I would not consider all of the negativity surrounding the drug baseless fear however.

I also do not agree that people who do not get on finasteride accept their NW6+ fate. There have been many people that have managed to get results from a treatment (combination) that excluded finasteride.

You also disregard that a lot of people actually tried finasteride but somehow, despite having no other health issues, their body had a bad reaction to it, that in many cases was not just in their head. I also do not recall any research that has studied mental health of users on this forum so I am not sure what you wanted to achieve with that comment.

Yes you are right, a lot of the fear regarding finasteride is based on anecdotal claims. Recent research does slowly seem to be catching up a little bit however. Still, scientific evidence is not on the side of 'team against finasteride' yet. But take into account that Merck also has brought a medicine to the market that was proven to be safe in many studies but still started killing numerous people and was taken off the market.

I also get you... Finasteride saved your hair. That must be a great feeling. We tend to think that what applies to us, will apply to everyone but that is not always the case.

Finasteride has been prescribed for more than 25 years, and it is often prescribed for BHP at 5x the dose it is for hair loss. Despite this, the incidence of side effects is de minimis. And yet, when you read the forums, you'd think 50% of men who have ever taken a mg of finasteride had their dick shrink (the latest claimed side circulating on the forums) or experienced impotence and gyno. The data say otherwise, and If you don't believe them, then look to the courts; the very fact that there has yet to be a successful class action suit or even a single settlement by Merck - in over 1400 attempted fillings - is pretty much proof that it is incredibly safe. Considering there are really only three efficacious therapies (legally), and that there is data that say it has a synergistic effect when used in conjunction with minoxidil, then if you aren't taking it, you're leaving a lot of hair on the table. As to "many" maintaining their hair without it, care to provide a link to that data? What's the protocol? I'd love to hear about it, because apparently I'm missing something pretty effective.

Are there some people who legitimately experience sides on finasteride? Sure, but considering that tens of millions of men have taken it regularly for the last 28 years (and many of them at 5x the potency as that proscribed for hair loss), the chance of actually experiencing a drug-induced side is, again, de minimis. So, what applies to me does, in fact, apply to nearly everyone who has ever taken finasteride - the data say so, and the law says so.

As to how long I've been here - and other forums - you have no idea, and it's been my observation that the forums are a collection point for a lot of young, depressed men who are naturally susceptible to nocebo, especially in the era of p**rn addiction. "My dick doesn't work - it's not my p**rn addiction, it's not my mental illness, it's not (insert myriad of other possible contributors), it's finasteride. And oh my God! It shrunk my dick, too!"

Last edited:

Rudi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has been prescribed for more than 25 years, and it is often prescribed for BHP at 5x the dose it is for hair loss. Despite this, the incidence of side effects is de minimis. And yet, when you read the forums, you'd think 50% of men who have ever taken a mg of finasteride had their dick shrink (the latest claimed side circulating on the forums) or experienced impotence and gyno. The data say otherwise, and If you don't believe them, then look to the courts; the very fact that there has yet to be a successful class action suit or even a single settlement by Merck - in over 1400 attempted fillings - is pretty much proof that it is incredibly safe. Considering there are really only three efficacious therapies (legally), and that there is data that say it has a synergistic effect when used in conjunction with minoxidil, then if you aren't taking it, you're leaving a lot of hair on the table. As to "many" maintaining their hair without it, care to provide a link to that data? What's the protocol? I'd love to hear about it, because apparently I'm missing something pretty effective.

Are there some people who legitimately experience sides on finasteride? Sure, but considering that tens of millions of men have taken it regularly for the last 28 years (and many of them at 5x the potency as that proscribed for hair loss), the chance of actually experiencing a drug-induced side is, again, de minimis. So, what applies to me does, in fact, apply to nearly everyone who has ever taken finasteride - the data say so, and the law says so.

As to how long I've been here - and other forums - you have no idea, and it's been my observation that the forums are a collection point for a lot of young, depressed men who are naturally susceptible to nocebo, especially in the era of p*rn addiction. "My dick doesn't work - it's not my p*rn addiction, it's not my mental illness, it's not (insert myriad of other possible contributors), it's finasteride. And oh my God! It shrunk my dick, too!"

The problem that I see is that many people looking for a solution to their hairloss nightmare in this forum may get the wrong ideas.
Most likely, most active members here do not represent the 'average' hairloss victim.
The ones that have no sides and reasonable efficacy with Fina are most likely not that active here because there is simply no need for them. Therefore the opinions and experiences here are not that of an average hairloss sufferer.

The danger is that the casual observer may make a decision that is not ideal for him/her.

Most users of Duta/Fina would prefer to use a magic pill with absolute zero risks. But life is full of risks. And every person accept risks in every day life, some more some less. I ride motor bikes thus I know what I am talking about.

Thus I cant understand the sometimes hostile reaction towards people on DHT blockers.

My experience here is that all people who have obtained benefits from DHT blockers with no or just minor sides accept that its not for everybody. And this IMO is clearly expressed in their posts.

Last edited:

Rho Gain

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem that I see is that many people looking for a solution to their hairloss nightmare in this forum may get the wrong ideas.
Most likely, most active members here do not represent the 'average' hairloss victim.
The ones that have no sides and reasonable efficacy with Fina are most likely not that active here because there is simply no need for them. Therefore the opinions and experiences here are not that of an average hairloss sufferer.

The danger is that the casual observer may make a decision that is not ideal for him/her.

Most users of Duta/Fina would prefer to use a magic pill with absolute zero risks. But life is full of risks. And every person accept risks in every day life, some more some less. I ride motor bikes thus I know what I am talking about.

Thus I cant understand the sometimes hostile reaction towards people on DHT blockers.

My experience here is that all people who have obtained benefits from DHT blockers with no or just minor sides accept that its not for everybody. And this IMO is clearly expressed in their posts.

Exactly - there is a lot of confirmation bias on the forums, because anyone for whom finasteride has worked well isn't posting on HairLossTalk.com several times a day. Those who think it made their dick shrink or led them to grow tits (when most likely they're just fat; if your body fat percentage is over 20% - which is true for >50% of young American males, sadly - you're going to have tits) are going to be overrepresented. Trust the data, not the anecdotes. It's a minor tragedy that so many people who could otherwise halt their loss continue to lose because they get scared away by anti-finasteride posts. Every single follicle counts - once it's miniaturized, in all likelihood it's lost forever, so you have to fight to keep as much as you can until the new protocols (Follica) arrive. If you aren't using finasteride, you just aren't going to maintain as well as you would without it.

Last edited:

INT

Reaction score
I will reply to your previous message to me a bit later as that one is a bit longer and I am busy AF at the moment.

Exactly - there is a lot of confirmation bias on the forums, because anyone for whom finasteride has worked well isn't posting on HairLossTalk.com several times a day.

Saying that a specific category of people here is overrepresented is merely an assumption that suits your belief system. Got any data on that?

Those who think it made their dick shrink or led them to grow tits (when most likely they're just fat
Another assumption. Got any data on that?

Trust the data, not the anecdotes.

The importance of data only becomes a thing when it suits your belief system?

It's a minor tragedy that so many people who could otherwise halt their loss continue to lose because they get scared away by anti-finasteride
posts.

For some, sure. I am sure there are some guys that could have stayed in the same Norwood for 25 years with finasteride but never took it because of some anti-finasteride posts. There are also some guys that probably saved their quality of life for years and sometimes decades by never taking the drug. Is this number smaller? Sure, I will give you that. But I will leave it up to you to decide which of the two fates is worse