I'm in the dumps

G

A little update: false alarm, the scalp still feels like sh*t, it's like having wounds on scalp that's how bad it feels. I've tried everything: different shampoos, shampooing every day, shampooing every other day, hydrocortizone, emu oil, you name it. Losing shitloads of hair all the time and at this rate I'll be a NW6 in a year. No kidding! f*** this sh*t... well at least all my friends have seen me buzzed now and haven't got any bad comments. Still, buzzed isn't shaved and this scalp pain is slowly killing me. We got 5 members in my family and 4 of us got very shitty hair, only my 29 yr old sister has got normal amount of hair. It's ridiculous, even my mother is almost bald with the thinning. And the twats got the nerve to say that I'm imagining my balding.

"It's not the genes, it's a coincidence IF you will go bald. But that isn't gonna happen for at least 30 years". Nice thinking there. Piss off...

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
Dude the bald look really suits you- you should be grateful. Like everyone else in this thread said you've got nothing to worry about.

To be honest, it sounds like you should focus more on keeping your anxiety and mood in check than treating your male pattern baldness. Seems like you're doing all you really need to do about your male pattern baldness anyway.

Have you tried Revita or Tricomin for the itch? The Revita does wonders in terms of soothing my scalp- itchy dry patches of skin elsewhere too.

G

mulder said:
Dude the bald look really suits you- you should be grateful. Like everyone else in this thread said you've got nothing to worry about.

To be honest, it sounds like you should focus more on keeping your anxiety and mood in check than treating your male pattern baldness. Seems like you're doing all you really need to do about your male pattern baldness anyway.

Have you tried Revita or Tricomin for the itch? The Revita does wonders in terms of soothing my scalp- itchy dry patches of skin elsewhere too.

Yeah, thanks... what's Revita btw? A shampoo? Tricomin is way too expensive for me right now.

mulder

Established Member
Reaction score
GrowHairGrow! said:
mulder said:

Yeah, thanks... what's Revita btw? A shampoo? Tricomin is way too expensive for me right now.

Revita is a shampoo by DS Labs. It isn't cheap, $30 a bottle, but each bottle should last you about 3-4 months. Found its quite soothing and it contains Keto too.

mikemass

Reaction score
GHG,

I'm concerned since you mentioned suicide in your first post. Please, if you have access to a therapist or other mental health professional, make an appointment. They're not going to be able to stop your hair loss, but may be able to help you deal with the despair. I find that sometimes trying to be stoic and repress the sadness you feel around hair loss can just make those feelings worse. In other words, you feel like you're 'failing' in another way by succumbing to negative feelings.

Hair loss is a tough ride, I know. I totally relate to that painful feeling when looking in the mirror sometimes. You're not alone.

And for the record, you're a major hottie, hair or not. And I do mean that in a totally gay way. Trust me, I'm a connoisseur. :) I'm sure a huge number of women would be thrilled to go out with you. I believe that it's the meaning you give hair loss, rather than the hair loss itself, that does the most emotional damage. It's easy to assume you'll be uglier, be lower down on the romantic food chain, etc. But often those assumptions go untested. I bet you'd be surprised if you knew what women were really thinking about you.

Hang in there.

Mike

stampede

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would trade all my hair for GHG's face, especially his jaw! :shock:

G

Thanks, guys. Mikemass, I'm pretty much over the suicidal feelings now but thanks for showing your concern. Thanks for the 100% gay compliments aswell :lol: . Stampede, yeah I like my jaw aswell it's "strong" enough for the shaved look me thinks.

G

2 months on foam, and my hair is probably shittier than ever. Goddamn how can it be so damn thin!? It has mostly happened in a year. I'm pretty damn crushed. Goddamn I hate this sh*t, I'm so alone with this whole problem. Everybody in my family is denying it and says that I'm crazy or something. Thinking about shaving it down to #0 instead of buzzing.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
GHG,

You could model fella.

I seriously cant see your issue.

Are you aware that everybodyies skull is differnt?

For fucks sake, deal with the fact that you have been made 100 pwercent visually perfect from the front and perhaps 95 percent from the side. its god balancing things out fella.

You shouldnt be on this site guy, go do some freddie ljungberg double-act modelling.

But most imporanly stop wasting your life, and go live it.
The majority of us our jealous you lucky kunt. lol

G

hair today gone tomorrow said:
omgstfuty said:
GHG,

You could model fella.

I wouldnt go THAT far.

Exactly :lol: . No chance of modelling for me. Unless a lazy eye comes in fashion all of a sudden haha :lol: .

G

I don't think I'm getting anywhere with the foam. Been on it for 3 months already and nothing's happening. The scalp pain is still there and nothing seems to help it. I guess I'll just have to get ready for baldness. I will stay on the meds for at least 3 more months, though.

OverMachoGrande

Reaction score
Hang in there GHG, I am in the same boat with the scalp pain and getting thinner up front. It seems no matter what I do the front is getting more diffuse in the temples. All we can do is stick to the treatments and know we are doing all we can. If it works it works. Good luck to you buddy.

G

antonio666 said:
GrowHairGrow! said:
[quote="hair today gone tomorrow":2c8ec]
omgstfuty said:
GHG,

You could model fella.

I wouldnt go THAT far.

omgstfuty gives a compliment,why hair today gone tomorrow do you have to put a downer on it
[/quote:2c8ec]

Because he's a dick that likes to do sh*t like that... anyway, I wasn't offended in any way 'cause I know I couldn't model. I'm a realist :lol: .

wanttobehippie

Reaction score
psychology / mirrors

Here is another fish. I, too, think, that especially your side look is absolutely beautiful for a man. I in comparison have a shape that I fear to be ridiculous, which is worse than ugly, I think. I'm very sympathetic to your feeling of loss for the pony-tail (see my name), and I see the thinning that you mean, I experience the same. The receding hairline in front view is something I also have great difficulties with. It recedes so quickly with me, that I found out, that my view on myself changes quickly to cope with that. (So it is a matter of how one looks at himself.) My brother cuts his hair stronger at the hairline, so that he doesn' t have a "frontier" that influences the face-image.
There is a rule for the use of mirrors: Try out many and take the nicest image you find. Be sure that you look even better than that and that other people (as long as they aren't against you) see this positive image. Also, never take photos seriously, especially, if it is no expert photo. Even I (former art teacher) have often difficulties to "document" people AS THEY REALLY ARE/LOOK. Better take a video, but NOT MADE BY YOUR BLIND FAMILY...
But all this is not the main problem, I think. Don't let your life be ruled by worries about your looks. It isn't worth it, first of all. Then: The attractiveness depends more on what looks out of your eye, and if you are able to laugh and smile, and if not, at least, if your face shows feelings or not. Especially women will look at THAT. But as many answerers said, you are beautiful anyway.
Is there something else maybe that you don't like about yourself? Then deal with that, here you have a real chance to GROW. Try to look at yourself with the eyes of a person who loves you especially WITH all your faults and doubts and who knows you from your deepest depth, imagine, that she/he tries to make some silly jokes to make you happy. And so you smile and look into the mirror. And then you say to yourself: Yes, what a fool am I, this is me, with or without hair.
Whatever you enjoy in life or aim at, concentrate on that.
I'm a transman and hated the female parts I saw in the mirror for 30 years. Mostly, I managed to ignore it. I always had long hair and saw myself as a Hippie. Now that I look a man, I lose my head-hair. I didn't even have one year to live my identity. Imagine, how I have to work to accept my rapidly changing images.
Now I'm trying to prepare myself for skinhead, to reduce my worries. Trying around with scarf or hats, thinking of a freaky head-tattoo instead of hair, planning to play around with wigs and if it wouldn't be funny to fool all the slow-thinking people. I wouldn't live today if I wouldn't try to make the best of my constant disluck.
Don't throw away your life before you tried to rob a bank or whatever might give you THE THRILL.
You know, you help me, because I see that I shouldn't be crying over my lost youth, I had the same feelings as you, and it could be, that this has nothing to do with trans or not. But maybe with our parents and societys expectations. - time to emancipate.
Good courage!
:wink:
:wink: