I'm Having Side Effects From One .25mg Dose

chrisjones12

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

After a couple years of debating if I should get on finasteride, I decided to take my first pill on the 3rd of this month. I took the pill and about 15-30 minutes later, my penis was tingling, cold, and numb. My prostate/sphincter area (idk the proper name) felts tight and cold as well. I didn't think to much of it, but when I woke up around 5am on the 4th it felt like my whole body was numb. I touched my penis and I couldn't really feel anything. After that I had a panic attack. I can still feel my penis if I scratch the side of the head, but the front tip is pretty much numb. I've also felt fatigue and lackadaisical. Luckily it doesn't seem like I have brain fog or gyro, but the low libido, numbness, and stomach pain is a little concerning.

So a few questions.
  • How long will it take for these side effects to go away?
  • Did any of you have side effects this severe with such a low dose?
  • If you did, how long did it take for you to recover?
I find it weird that I only took one .25mg and it has me feeling like this. I really hope I can get pass this. It's messing with my psyche.

mangezfrais

Reaction score
One dose will not give you side effects, it's likely in your head.

Same thing happened to me, spent the first night shivering and feeling terrified but it was all in my head.

If finasteride gives you side effects it will typically come in 2-3 weeks into taking it, but even then it's rare or minor, i.e. slight ball ache or watery semen that will go away after a couple days.

FYI it's very difficult to get an erection or feel sexual when you're panicking about getting an erection or feeling sexual. As soon as the thought enters your head its game over, and it's not finasteride's fault. It's in your head.

chrisjones12

Reaction score
One dose will not give you side effects, it's likely in your head.

Same thing happened to me, spent the first night shivering and feeling terrified but it was all in my head.

If finasteride gives you side effects it will typically come in 2-3 weeks into taking it, but even then it's rare or minor, i.e. slight ball ache or watery semen that will go away after a couple days.

I hope so. The actual worrying may be in my head. But my numb penis, low libido, and aches are all real. I can't even flex my penis right now.

With that being said, I really do hope everything returns normal soon. And I also appreciate your response.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

After a couple years of debating if I should get on finasteride, I decided to take my first pill on the 3rd of this month. I took the pill and about 15-30 minutes later, my penis was tingling, cold, and numb. My prostate/sphincter area (idk the proper name) felts tight and cold as well. I didn't think to much of it, but when I woke up around 5am on the 4th it felt like my whole body was numb. I touched my penis and I couldn't really feel anything. After that I had a panic attack. I can still feel my penis if I scratch the side of the head, but the front tip is pretty much numb. I've also felt fatigue and lackadaisical. Luckily it doesn't seem like I have brain fog or gyro, but the low libido, numbness, and stomach pain is a little concerning.

So a few questions.
  • How long will it take for these side effects to go away?
  • Did any of you have side effects this severe with such a low dose?
  • If you did, how long did it take for you to recover?
I find it weird that I only took one .25mg and it has me feeling like this. I really hope I can get pass this. It's messing with my psyche.
I took that same dose .On three separate tries. For about 2 weeks All 3 times I had light brain fog .and extra bellie fat it took about 2 weeks to return to normal. I never gave them longer to see if then sides would go away . The medicine works for some. But scares me in your case I would give it about a month. And see how u feel

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took that same dose .On three separate tries. For about 2 weeks All 3 times I had light brain fog .and extra bellie fat it took about 2 weeks to return to normal. I never gave them longer to see if then sides would go away . The medicine works for some. But scares me in your case I would give it about a month. And see how u feel

You had extra belly fat from a total of .75mg of Finasteride???? Really????

chrisjones12

Reaction score

I'm done with it. My sides have actually went down and I think I'm good now. But my normal DHT level is just too low for this medicine. I might start min in the future and see if it can hold me off until I'm 30.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I took half a finasteride pill once and now I can't get an erection, I've grown man boobs and yes, I became gay.

LosingHairLosingPatience

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your body can have an allergic reaction to a hormone altering medication just as someone can have an allergic reaction to milk or a bee sting.
Yes it can happen after one dose. I would not recommend pursuing. I did and I'm still recovering.