I'm Done For, How Do I Approach Moving Forwards?

DestinedDiffuser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Longtime lurker first time poster. Unfortunately for for the last 3 years i have been slowly experiencing diffused thinning hairloss. My hairline has move maybe several of millimeters upwards in the past few years with no clear indication of the typical Norwood receeding hairline. Whilst that sounds great, its not, my hairline and all hair over the top of my head is diffuse thinning at an equal rate. My crown is the worst because of my thinning swirl area that has always been thin.

Since it's been several years, i accept i'm going to have quite literally bum fluff all over the top of my head in the near future and probably wont be able to have a transplant ( 23y.o and still diffusing). But i'm at the point now of taking the plunge with hair fibres. When i'm beyond hair fibres i plan to go the hair system route. I accept the fact i'm going to have no hair but my personal preference is to have hair.

My regimen is non existent outside of nizoral, cold instead of hot water and a Pyroctone Olamine shampoo. I've decided against any drug that could potentially inhibit my sex drive. My sex drive is already nearly non existent from long-term anti depressant usage so i won't be jeopardizing recovery. No correlation between the underlying causes of my diagnosed depression and balding but it does contributes to low mood and self esteem. Being 23 with little desire for sex and balding is not something i wish on anybody.

I'm crapping bricks about sprinkling fibres onto my hair. But i'll do it. My main concerns are Color and hold. I'm colorblind and just generally bad with colors. Given that i've read some fibres don't actually match the stated color, in some peoples experience under light, i have no idea which to get. I also don't know which "hold Spray" to get. for 3 years i have not styled or done my hair. It's literally just a cluster mess that helps to hide my thinning. If i try make a dedicated hairstyle it is apparent i have thin areas. I'm Sick of clustermess and beaniemode and scared of a haircut.

I plan on getting toppik? Ive been following it for a few years and read it's great for diffuse loss uptil a certain point. I've been following nanogen too. As long as its no more than 40-50 a month i'll pay it. It's worth being able to just go about my day normally without being held back due to my crappy hair among other issues.

For toppik or nanogen which color should i be getting? I'll attach various photos of my hair color, My diffuse thinning and my cluster "hairstyle" that looks extremely stupid from the front/back and sides but hides my thinning areas.

Thanks.

DestinedDiffuser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pictures

Attachments

• 20180701_225125.jpg
    20180701_225125.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 560
  • 20180701_224350.jpg
    20180701_224350.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 583
  • 20180701_224627.jpg
    20180701_224627.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 535
  • 20180701_233132.jpg
    20180701_233132.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 550
  • 20180701_233344.jpg
    20180701_233344.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 540
  • 20180701_233513.jpg
    20180701_233513.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 535
  • 20180621_104535.jpg
    20180621_104535.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 536
  • 20180621_104619.jpg
    20180621_104619.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 510
  • 20180621_104710.jpg
    20180621_104710.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 534
  • 20180701_233903.jpg
    20180701_233903.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 531
  • 20180701_224852.jpg
    20180701_224852.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 569

Dar

Established Member
Reaction score
Just do the big three. You are not that bad. I just see scalp through messed up hair...lol. one day (trust me here) You will look back at these pics on this site and say...."Damn I had a lot of hair back than." Lol...

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Longtime lurker first time poster. Unfortunately for for the last 3 years i have been slowly experiencing diffused thinning hairloss. My hairline has move maybe several of millimeters upwards in the past few years with no clear indication of the typical Norwood receeding hairline. Whilst that sounds great, its not, my hairline and all hair over the top of my head is diffuse thinning at an equal rate. My crown is the worst because of my thinning swirl area that has always been thin.

Since it's been several years, i accept i'm going to have quite literally bum fluff all over the top of my head in the near future and probably wont be able to have a transplant ( 23y.o and still diffusing). But i'm at the point now of taking the plunge with hair fibres. When i'm beyond hair fibres i plan to go the hair system route. I accept the fact i'm going to have no hair but my personal preference is to have hair.

My regimen is non existent outside of nizoral, cold instead of hot water and a Pyroctone Olamine shampoo. I've decided against any drug that could potentially inhibit my sex drive. My sex drive is already nearly non existent from long-term anti depressant usage so i won't be jeopardizing recovery. No correlation between the underlying causes of my diagnosed depression and balding but it does contributes to low mood and self esteem. Being 23 with little desire for sex and balding is not something i wish on anybody.

I'm crapping bricks about sprinkling fibres onto my hair. But i'll do it. My main concerns are Color and hold. I'm colorblind and just generally bad with colors. Given that i've read some fibres don't actually match the stated color, in some peoples experience under light, i have no idea which to get. I also don't know which "hold Spray" to get. for 3 years i have not styled or done my hair. It's literally just a cluster mess that helps to hide my thinning. If i try make a dedicated hairstyle it is apparent i have thin areas. I'm Sick of clustermess and beaniemode and scared of a haircut.

I plan on getting toppik? Ive been following it for a few years and read it's great for diffuse loss uptil a certain point. I've been following nanogen too. As long as its no more than 40-50 a month i'll pay it. It's worth being able to just go about my day normally without being held back due to my crappy hair among other issues.

For toppik or nanogen which color should i be getting? I'll attach various photos of my hair color, My diffuse thinning and my cluster "hairstyle" that looks extremely stupid from the front/back and sides but hides my thinning areas.

Thanks.
Your hair looks pretty good. Yes, you are losing but you should be able to tackle it. If you're unwilling to go on finasteride, you need to get something else that will deal with DHT. One option would be essengen 6+. Basically it's minoxidil with finasteride in it. It's topical so no tablets. You could add Revivogen shampoo or something similar and use very frequently like every other day. This would keep your DHT down and the minoxidil should cause regrowth. Also, Nizoral can be a bit harsh. There are other shampoos to use more frequently which have 1% ketoconazole rather than 2% that Nizoral has. With a regimen like this you should have success. Also, derma-rolling is an option.

DestinedDiffuser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks pretty good. Yes, you are losing but you should be able to tackle it. If you're unwilling to go on finasteride, you need to get something else that will deal with DHT. One option would be essengen 6+. Basically it's minoxidil with finasteride in it. It's topical so no tablets. You could add Revivogen shampoo or something similar and use very frequently like every other day. This would keep your DHT down and the minoxidil should cause regrowth. Also, Nizoral can be a bit harsh. There are other shampoos to use more frequently which have 1% ketoconazole rather than 2% that Nizoral has. With a regimen like this you should have success. Also, derma-rolling is an option.

Thanks for the reply. Is essengen something i have to see the doctor for? My father is completely NW6 bald and was so by his late twenties so i don't have much hope for myself.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I
Thanks for the reply. Is essengen something i have to see the doctor for? My father is completely NW6 bald and was so by his late twenties so i don't have much hope for myself.
I don't know if you need to worry about your dad's hair. May affect you. May not.

Essengen is from a company called minoxidil max. If you Google you'll find them. There are different routes open to you. The most effective will include finasteride or a very good alternative. This option includes that. Also it has minoxidil which will give you regrowth. The trouble is you're tied to it every day if you want to keep your hair. But when you lose a lot of hair you would kill to get it back.

DestinedDiffuser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I

I don't know if you need to worry about your dad's hair. May affect you. May not.

Essengen is from a company called minoxidil max. If you Google you'll find them. There are different routes open to you. The most effective will include finasteride or a very good alternative. This option includes that. Also it has minoxidil which will give you regrowth. The trouble is you're tied to it every day if you want to keep your hair. But when you lose a lot of hair you would kill to get it back.

Well personally i know it's been thinning for 3 years based on hair shed amount per day, amount of scalp visible increasing. This is why i keep it long even though i dislike it. And mostly feel. It feels twice as thin if i grab my hair ontop vs my hair on the back :/.

I'll give it a search thanks. Hopefully i can find some in the uk. The only reason i never started something with Min in was that i was under the assumption my loss could possibly accelerate. I can't risk taking oral finasteride because of the situation i am in with longterm anti depressant usage. I'd like a "working unit" in my twenties if you will lol.

What color toppik should i be going for with hair fibres to cover my thinning crown area in your opinion?. I've seen some people who don't realise the fibres are much different to their actual hair color in intense light.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Your hair is really not that bad, as already pointed out. Some of your shots show Med Brown, and others Dk Brown. I would try both. But in reality, you look to be darker. I've used both and they've both kind of worked OK for me. Good luck

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
You may not even get sides on finasteride, if you do get unbearable sides then stop and they should go away within a week or two. No big deal.