I'm confused, am I Norwood 2 or Norwood 3 ?

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 23 year old men, my dad was around norwood 3.5
20201107_025625.jpg
20201107_024757.jpg
20201107_024810.jpg
20201107_024824.jpg
20201107_024929.jpg
when he was 27, he became nw6 on his early 40s
I started to use minoxidil instead of gaining my hairline back and I started taking dutasteride (Avodart) twice a week as well
What I wonder is, am I Norwood 2 or norwood 3 ? Most of the Norwood 3's have worser hair then mine, so I'm a little bit confused

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your thickness looks good, how long have you been using dutasteride and minoxidil for? Maybe you haven’t made gains yet from them

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Looks like a solid NW3. Somewhat aggressive for 23 years old.

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your thickness looks good, how long have you been using dutasteride and minoxidil for? Maybe you haven’t made gains yet from them
I've been using minoxidil since almost 3 weeks and dutasterid for just 2 days

Selb

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil since almost 3 weeks and dutasterid for just 2 days
Yup you should hopefully see some extra thickening of your hair and if lucky maybe you’ll go down one or half a Norwood. Good luck man

WaccWaccWacc

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
2.5 ... doesn’t seem like you’re moving towards a 3 though, hair looks healthy. Min/duta should halt and possibly regrow some. Best of luck.

nyhair19

Established Member
Reaction score
In my opinion, it's between a 2 and 3. I have something very similar and I've had it for nearly 20 years. There are pics of me at my grandfather's funeral, where I am clearly a 2.5-3, but have more or less maintained using the big 3 for about 11 years. I didn't start treatments until a few years later. There also isn't massive amounts of thinning on the hairline, which is promising. I'd definitely talk to your doctor about getting on finasteride and Nizoral. I can't say that Rogaine has had visible effects on my hairline, but I still use it.

TDE97

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is already taking dutasteride and minoxidil i think after this post