I'm 24 and my dating life is already over.

johnpaul

Reaction score
get on a treament plan

get on finasteride immediately to stop any further hairloss... minoxidil will work for growing hair... or if at the point of suicide then get a hair transplant...some people might disagree with me with the hair translpant; however, you can boost your image with a hair transplant and feel more confident.. 1 step though is to get on finasteride ...good luck

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
Dean%20Shostak%20and%20Glass%20Violin.jpg

G

I havnt posted before but I defo know what you mean about not wanting to get into a relationship because of your hairloss. Because 4 months ago I was in the same position, even tho I was still meeting women. One even said to me your going bald, but didnt really care, it bothered me and got me down. Ive been on Propecia and nizoral now for about 3 months and even tho i dont think theyre doing an awful lot they are giving me confidence(that it will get better) and thats all you need. So get on some form of treatment, at least these will give you some hope for the future and maybe enough confidence to find your perfect partner, good luck.

acquiesce15

Reaction score
Im 24, just got out of a 6year relationship with a very attractive and nice girl (i got dumped!!) i am about a N2 - N3 and always worried that she would look at other guys with full hair

BUT.......

now she is seeing a guy who has NO HAIR... thats right, not one hair on his head. He balded really badly..now he is 26... so there are girls out there that don't mind.... i wish they could wear a t-shirt saying 'Balding Guys Welcome'.. then we wouldn't have to worry so much in finding them!!!

gigi70

Reaction score
Honestly guys, there are TONS of women out there that don't give it a second thought that you might or might not be going bald. I am one of them! You guys are worrying about it way too much.

I admit that my hair loss has totally destroyed my confidence too, but I am working my way through this as you all are. And I understand the fact that appearance is very important to ones self and that is why we are here, but most (yes, thinning, most) women are more concerned with your personality and your positive energy that you give off, and not what the top of your head looks like.

Don't underestimate the female species, hair really isn't that important to them unless it is the hair on thier own head :roll:

KipWinger

Established Member
Reaction score
ok! what woman thinks of me is very important, but for me the most important think is what i think of me! i can have many girls wanting to date me but if i look me in the mirror and if i dont like what i see, i will be not confidence. all my life i always love my self, i see me so beautiful, and had a lot of confidence becouse of that. and womans.... they arrived in my life becouse of that to... becouse i was very beautiful and confidence. i need to look me in the mirror and think that if i was a girl i would f*** my self definily! :lol: but now with my hairloss some days i still think that but someday is too hard to see me in the mirror, i cant accept. so... my confidence now have up and down very fast.... but the girls still want to date me, but that dont make me happy, what make me happy is i like my image! and that i can only do some days.

G

KipWinger said:
ok! what woman thinks of me is very important, but for me the most important think is what i think of me! i can have many girls wanting to date me but if i look me in the mirror and if i dont like what i see, i will be not confidence. all my life i always love my self, i see me so beautiful, and had a lot of confidence becouse of that. and womans.... they arrived in my life becouse of that to... becouse i was very beautiful and confidence. i need to look me in the mirror and think that if i was a girl i would f*** my self definily! :lol: but now with my hairloss some days i still think that but someday is too hard to see me in the mirror, i cant accept. so... my confidence now have up and down very fast.... but the girls still want to date me, but that dont make me happy, what make me happy is i like my image! and that i can only do some days.
...Ricky Martin? Is that you?

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously. I stopped looking for a relationship almost immediately after I realized I was going bald. I'm at the stage where other people can't really tell I'm going bald quite yet, but it will be evident very soon. It would be stupid to enter in a relationship with some chick knowing that I'm going to eventually be bald or show signs of baldess and she's going to leave me, so why try?

For the last couple months I haven't tried or cared about picking up girls in bars or clubs even if they're obviously interested. What girl in their early to mid-20's wants to be seen with a 24 year old boyfriend who already has a bald spot? I'm sure some girls wouldn't mind but those are the ones who will just take what they can get (thicker, lesser attractive girls) but I don't date those types of girls.

I've had such a horrible life and male pattern baldness just tops it off soooo nicely. I hope I die soon.
Neil Strauss made millions and became pua despite Charlie brown haircut and Manlet stats. More plates more dates covered it. Most guys will lose hair at some point. I love mine but if the time comes, space monkey it is.

meetjoeblack

Established Member
Reaction score
Jay,

I am as single 35 year old female who has been experiencing hair loss recently and I know exactly how you feel. HELPLESS. I feel so blue some days and it totally consumes me.

There are a lot of things you can do to help yourself. But one of them is definately not alienating yourself from the opposite sex. I am so sorry you feel that way, but from a female standpoint, male pattern baldness or receding hair lines or bald spots does not make a man any less of a man. Your energy makes you a man and that is what females love, just guy energy. That fact that you are strong, smell like a man and simply act like a man will give you the strength and confidence to get the girl of your dreams.

I think that I am a rather attractive female and only because of the whistles or stares that I get do I think that, but anyway, when I was 22 I dated a 28 year old man who obviously had male pattern baldness, typical M shape pattern with a bald spot on the crown, very thin on top, but I did NOT even give it a second thought that this guy was balding or that he even may be bald later in life, I dated him for who he was, a sexy man who had a great personality and fun positive attitude. (And he was a firecracker between the sheets)

I just wanted to reply to your post because most women think it is absolutely normal for men to have receding hair or baldness. Doesn't bother me at all or do I even think twice about a guys hair if he is trying to make moves on me. There might be a few shallow women out there that would disagree with me, but they are cold hearted b****s and who wants to be in a relationship with someone like that anyway????

Women love confidence and a great attitude and if you have that you will live a long happy healty life with the woman of your dreams.

Soo splash on some Dolce & Gabbana cologne (guaranteed to drive the women wild) and get out there and live your life happily!

Best
Why no husband? I'm confused.

Diffused_confidence

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't give up hope yet. You should start using finasteride and minoxidil and see what happens. Try to do what you can. Scientist are working on new methods for hair loss like Hair Multiplication. This technology will be the cure for hair loss. It should be out before 2010. So if you can just fight baldness for 5 years and then hopefully get the treatment. Besides, whos to say you wont be able to fully regrow your hair using finasteride. Theres guys on this site that clam to have recovered from 5 years of hair loss completely.
And there you have it. "5 years away". It's over 15 years since this post. Cure ain't coming for another 5 decades.