I'm 24 and my dating life is already over.

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
Seriously. I stopped looking for a relationship almost immediately after I realized I was going bald. I'm at the stage where other people can't really tell I'm going bald quite yet, but it will be evident very soon. It would be stupid to enter in a relationship with some chick knowing that I'm going to eventually be bald or show signs of baldess and she's going to leave me, so why try?

For the last couple months I haven't tried or cared about picking up girls in bars or clubs even if they're obviously interested. What girl in their early to mid-20's wants to be seen with a 24 year old boyfriend who already has a bald spot? I'm sure some girls wouldn't mind but those are the ones who will just take what they can get (thicker, lesser attractive girls) but I don't date those types of girls.

I've had such a horrible life and male pattern baldness just tops it off soooo nicely. I hope I die soon.

amrod

Established Member
Reaction score
yeah my life has been shitty aswell male pattern baldness was the last thing i needed. but u never know - maybe some girls wont care... or you can still wear concealer like i do... or you can get on the treatment ASAP and hopefully you'll reverse some of the baldness

good luck

hairguync1

Reaction score
Don't give up hope yet. You should start using finasteride and minoxidil and see what happens. Try to do what you can. Scientist are working on new methods for hair loss like Hair Multiplication. This technology will be the cure for hair loss. It should be out before 2010. So if you can just fight baldness for 5 years and then hopefully get the treatment. Besides, whos to say you wont be able to fully regrow your hair using finasteride. Theres guys on this site that clam to have recovered from 5 years of hair loss completely.

noorur

Established Member
Reaction score
I feel for you Jay

Since my hairloss got aggressive, i added finasteride, revivogen and the lasercomb.

Nowadays, I feel so sh*t and really depressed. I don't feel like chatting up women and going out much, I am home all day long thinking about my hairloss and how it is effecting me psychologically. Hairloss sucks!

gigi70

Reaction score
Jay,

I am as single 35 year old female who has been experiencing hair loss recently and I know exactly how you feel. HELPLESS. I feel so blue some days and it totally consumes me.

There are a lot of things you can do to help yourself. But one of them is definately not alienating yourself from the opposite sex. I am so sorry you feel that way, but from a female standpoint, male pattern baldness or receding hair lines or bald spots does not make a man any less of a man. Your energy makes you a man and that is what females love, just guy energy. That fact that you are strong, smell like a man and simply act like a man will give you the strength and confidence to get the girl of your dreams.

I think that I am a rather attractive female and only because of the whistles or stares that I get do I think that, but anyway, when I was 22 I dated a 28 year old man who obviously had male pattern baldness, typical M shape pattern with a bald spot on the crown, very thin on top, but I did NOT even give it a second thought that this guy was balding or that he even may be bald later in life, I dated him for who he was, a sexy man who had a great personality and fun positive attitude. (And he was a firecracker between the sheets)

I just wanted to reply to your post because most women think it is absolutely normal for men to have receding hair or baldness. Doesn't bother me at all or do I even think twice about a guys hair if he is trying to make moves on me. There might be a few shallow women out there that would disagree with me, but they are cold hearted b****s and who wants to be in a relationship with someone like that anyway????

Women love confidence and a great attitude and if you have that you will live a long happy healty life with the woman of your dreams.

Soo splash on some Dolce & Gabbana cologne (guaranteed to drive the women wild) and get out there and live your life happily!

Best

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys

This sux, I know. I just had a haircut the other day and my male pattern baldness is getting a little harder to disguise!

However, there’s no point getting down about it. I see plenty of bald AND fat guys with hot chicks. You need to remember that most girls are nowhere near as superficial as us guys! A lot of them even LIKE guys with shaved or cropped heads.

Plus, if your male pattern baldness isn’t really detectable now, by the time it is detectable, any girl you start seeing should be too head over heels with you to care – if not, she’s a superficial b*tch that would not be worth your time anyway.

Heads up lads. A positive outlook and confidence that you got what it takes within is what turns chicks on the most.

GO GET EM!

Def

kevin5er

Reaction score
i've had the same fear. I'm 26 and just started dating a 22 yr old (dream girl). shes a senior in college, where im sure thinning hair is not common. and im constantly freaking out about it. i get terrible anxiety attacks, and sometimes i want to just walk away from my relationship even though things couldnt be better. But i think you have to try to be positive and push forward. i keep telling myself that some cure will come along in the next few years. in the mean time i just need to maintain as much as i can. maybe the gabe kapler look work for me, and i can sport that look until something comes along. anyway, my point is dont give up like i wanted to. you keep truckin, and if she does leave so what i'll get over it. and eventually someone will stick around.

Goingat20

Reaction score
good post gigi70 you made some great points...

jeffsss

Reaction score
well, it's all about how you maintain yourself. I mean really, it's not the end of the world if you lose your hair... MILLIONS of men lose their hair.

I think it sucks that I began losing my hair and people started noticing, but it's all good.

you can try products that help maintain hair and be positive, and like the guy said above, they're trying to invent a cure.. but wether or not we see it in our life time will be unknown so just be positive man...

you have a pic to actually show how bad it is?? your probabaly just over reacting.

hairfin

Established Member
Reaction score
guys take it easy, all u need is just 1 girl, 1 girl who likes you for who you are (and theres plenty of beautiful ones like that out there, not just thick ones) and once that happens ur sorted because u kno she accepts u

Justlooking

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in a relationship with a beautiful chick with huge boobs and a pretty smokin body...

She knows I'm going bald but never has she once made it an issue or talked bad about anybody else who was. There are special girls out there.. you'll find them.. However it is hard to go out to bars and such.. I know the feeling.

If their dads are bald too it isnt that big of deal as girls often go for guys who are like their dad from what I've found. Personality and a sense of humor go a long ways!

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gigi70 said:
Women love confidence and a great attitude and if you have that you will live a long happy healty life with the woman of your dreams.

Nope, not true. You need to say _some_ women, because you cant speak for the entire sex just like I cant speak for all men.

The truth is, many women refuse to date men who are losing or have lost their hair - I know because I know girls like this. It definately makes dating more difficult.

There are women who refuse to date guys who dont make 100k or more, or who dont dress like a male model, there are just a lot of superficial people out there.

Just because you dont care about looks as much as other girls does not mean that you represent the norm

I congratulate you for looking past this, wish there were more attractive women out there that thought the same way.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Cant say my thinning has ever effected my dating life. Confidence is everything and if you let hairloss shake your confindence girls will notice. I talk to and get just as many dates as ever, im sure some girls notice but who cares, if they have a problem with it screw em'. Your a better person with out someone like that. I have actually found that the hotter the girl the easier to get her number, it seems most guys are intimidated and if you show initiative and dont act like your just out for some *** your already a step ahead.

gigi70

Reaction score
I agree that I cannot speak for the entire sex thinning, but I do have plenty of girlfriends to base my opinion on. To be quite honest that is the least most important thing that I/we discuss is what type of hair a potential partner might or might not have. A fun loving attitude and confidence is what turns me on. That and Dolce & Gabanna cologne :)

Yes there are a lot of superficial women and men out there but connecting with someone and caring about someone has nothing to do with how many hairs you have on your head.

And this issue is not something that I have had to "look past", it just was never even an issue at all. To me male pattern baldness is as acceptable and as normal as my beauty mark on my cheek.

I refuse to date guys who are clueless, selfish, jobless, losers. Things that can be controlled. male pattern baldness cannot be controlled, and that is I suppose the reason I have never given it a second thought. In fact I am dating a guy right now in his 40's with male pattern baldness, hell apparently I am partial to it.....

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
jayC99 said:
Seriously. I stopped looking for a relationship almost immediately after I realized I was going bald. I'm at the stage where other people can't really tell I'm going bald quite yet, but it will be evident very soon. It would be stupid to enter in a relationship with some chick knowing that I'm going to eventually be bald or show signs of baldess and she's going to leave me, so why try?

For the last couple months I haven't tried or cared about picking up girls in bars or clubs even if they're obviously interested. What girl in their early to mid-20's wants to be seen with a 24 year old boyfriend who already has a bald spot? I'm sure some girls wouldn't mind but those are the ones who will just take what they can get (thicker, lesser attractive girls) but I don't date those types of girls.

I've had such a horrible life and male pattern baldness just tops it off soooo nicely. I hope I die soon.

and it gets worst. Soon it will consume you and stress you out to the point where your face starts showing age. At that point, it has you and has taken 2 things from you. I'm still amazed at the domino effect things can create.

I'd love to chime in with some useful advice, but I'm just as lost as you

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
gigi70 said:
Jay,

I am as single 35 year old female who has been experiencing hair loss recently and I know exactly how you feel. HELPLESS. I feel so blue some days and it totally consumes me.

There are a lot of things you can do to help yourself. But one of them is definately not alienating yourself from the opposite sex. I am so sorry you feel that way, but from a female standpoint, male pattern baldness or receding hair lines or bald spots does not make a man any less of a man. Your energy makes you a man and that is what females love, just guy energy. That fact that you are strong, smell like a man and simply act like a man will give you the strength and confidence to get the girl of your dreams.

I think that I am a rather attractive female and only because of the whistles or stares that I get do I think that, but anyway, when I was 22 I dated a 28 year old man who obviously had male pattern baldness, typical M shape pattern with a bald spot on the crown, very thin on top, but I did NOT even give it a second thought that this guy was balding or that he even may be bald later in life, I dated him for who he was, a sexy man who had a great personality and fun positive attitude. (And he was a firecracker between the sheets)

I just wanted to reply to your post because most women think it is absolutely normal for men to have receding hair or baldness. Doesn't bother me at all or do I even think twice about a guys hair if he is trying to make moves on me. There might be a few shallow women out there that would disagree with me, but they are cold hearted b****s and who wants to be in a relationship with someone like that anyway????

Soo splash on some Dolce & Gabbana cologne (guaranteed to drive the women wild) and get out there and live your life happily!

Best
Have you tried shark cartilage tablets? They are supposed to be particularly effective for female hair loss, though I am only going by the advertising claims, backed by a former British pop star and tv presenter. Apologies if you are a vegetarian or marine protection person etc.. Thanks for your caring, postitive feedback to all the depressed guys here. I have developed a partially successful treatment after twenty years fully developed male pattern baldness, though I don't know just what percentage will grow back within the next few years.
Good luck with your efforts.
Boru

Thinning

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gigi70 said:
I agree that I cannot speak for the entire sex thinning, but I do have plenty of girlfriends to base my opinion on. To be quite honest that is the least most important thing that I/we discuss is what type of hair a potential partner might or might not have. A fun loving attitude and confidence is what turns me on. That and Dolce & Gabanna cologne :)

Well, I have sisters who wont date bald guys. But they are what most guys consider "hot", so I guess they have their choice of who to date.

Its not a big deal but the truth is that men only have 1 chance to make a first impression, and having a full head of hair makes that a lot easier.

The only thing I can guess is that your friends are either not very attractive or dont live in an area where there is a large dating pool. Otherwise they wouldent be single.

Cougar_20

Reaction score
I was with my ex-girlfriend for 3 years and right when we got together was when I started noticing that I was losing my hair. In those three years my hairline receeded pretty good and I started to become self conscience about it. As the relationship progressed I became worried that she would leave me because of this, and while she didn't leave me, she did start cheating on me. And I'm 100% sure that the reason why she started doing so was because at some point I turned into a wuss and lost my self confidence. Ironically, the guy she is dating now is completely bald, not by choice either. So sometimes when a girl says that she doesn't care, she really doesnt care!

Women love confidence more than anything. Once I stopped caring what people thought about me, developed a boarder line cocky attitude, and just worried about making myself happy, the women started falling all over me. My new girlfriend is much hotter than my old one and I have her in the palm of my hands because I've learned what really attracts women. It's not looks, well at least not completely.

Stabber

Established Member
Reaction score
Cougar_20 said:
I was with my ex-girlfriend for 3 years and right when we got together was when I started noticing that I was losing my hair. In those three years my hairline receeded pretty good and I started to become self conscience about it. As the relationship progressed I became worried that she would leave me because of this, and while she didn't leave me, she did start cheating on me. And I'm 100% sure that the reason why she started doing so was because at some point I turned into a wuss and lost my self confidence. Ironically, the guy she is dating now is completely bald, not by choice either. So sometimes when a girl says that she doesn't care, she really doesnt care!

Women love confidence more than anything. Once I stopped caring what people thought about me, developed a boarder line cocky attitude, and just worried about making myself happy, the women started falling all over me. My new girlfriend is much hotter than my old one and I have her in the palm of my hands because I've learned what really attracts women. It's not looks, well at least not completely.

Depends on the girl. I was in a relationship for 3 years. One day, while laying on her bed, I guess she was looking at my hair. Then she said (in GREAT disgust I might add):

"omg, your hair is thinning" with a sick look on her face.

At the time, I figured it was the way I was leaning or something. Never once thought I had male pattern baldness. And yes, I had plenty of confidence back then, so it definitely was not that. I shook it off and said "yea right" and laughed.

We broke up about 6-9 months later for many reasons. Maybe part of it was due to the fact I wasnt as "attractive" as I once was.

1 year later, male pattern baldness began to show. And I began to break