ignorance of male pattern baldness

seb

Reaction score
I have come to a clear and concise conclusion that the majority of the populus don't recognise when someone is actually bald,when they shave sly(me).They seem to think that I have a full set of hair,and I actually choose to shave all my hair off.Yet again,someone at work said "why don't you grow you're hair back".I mentioned what "fu**ing hair!".He replied "Oh I didn't realise you were completely bald"....I now believe this is the main reason why I get so much s**t off people.They believe this "look" is a conscious choice(yes I know it is my choice too shave,rather than adopt the horseshoe),thus in doing so,they think,that I think,I am tough,and am opting this "look" too intimidate,be a bouncer,thug,neo-nazi,and so forth.

B

Beingbaldsucks

seb said:
I have come to a clear and concise conclusion that the majority of the populus don't recognise when someone is actually bald,when they shave sly(me).They seem to think that I have a full set of hair,and I actually choose to shave all my hair off.Yet again,someone at work said "why don't you grow you're hair back".I mentioned what "fu**ing hair!".He replied "Oh I didn't realise you were completely bald"....I now believe this is the main reason why I get so much s**t off people.They believe this "look" is a conscious choice(yes I know it is my choice too shave,rather than adopt the horseshoe),thus in doing so,they think,that I think,I am tough,and am opting this "look" too intimidate,be a bouncer,thug,neo-nazi,and so forth.
Youl be surprised to know that even with receding hair you can grow some nice hair that will also cover some bald parts in the front, I had full long hair that covered some bald parts two weeks ago but in the army they force you to shave it all so I had no choice and boom again my bald fronts are there. All that unless you have the backward balding off course.

B

Beingbaldsucks

seb said:
Youl be surprised to know that even with receding hair you can grow some nice hair that will also cover some bald parts in the front, I had full long hair that covered some bald parts two weeks ago but in the army they force you to shave it all so I had no choice and boom again my bald fronts are there. All that unless you have the backward balding off course.

seb

Reaction score
I have been bald since I was 18 my friend,sly since I was 24(am now 34).

dinosaur_sr

Established Member
Reaction score
It makes sense, though - I know nothing about, say, menopause, for the same reason. Same before I realised I was losing my hair, I never thought about a person's hairline, or who and what was balding, etc.

It's a good thing really, unless you're completely bald I suppose, to know that a lot of people aren't looking at you and thinking 'receding hairline, receding hairline' or w/e, provided you cut it sensibly.