If You're Indecisivenes On Finasteride, Should You Just Start?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hahaha I was for real. If I think about finasteride I get this cringe tingly sensation. I visualize a lot ;)

Now tell me!:3
Then you better not know. You would make your penis shrink so much, it would penetrate your body. And you’ve even not started taking finasteride.

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone reacts differently to it. For some, it is a game changer, for others it is a life ender.

I'm 35, I started thinking at 25. At around 32/33 I started on finasteride. I wish I started at 25.

I still have a very high libido. I still get rock hard erections. I did not get puffy nipples or any other significant side effect. I had minor brain fog when I first started and it cleared up quickly.

Over regrown the majority of my hairline and maintained enough to grow my hair out and use concealers for an illusion of thick hair. I use dermmatch rather than fibers so that I can go on rollercoasters and not have to worry about rain.

Without finasteride I'd be completely slick on top by now and depressed. Finasteride ÷ oral minoxidil + concealer gives me the exact life I'd have if I didn't have this hair loss disease. It lets me just enjoy life while waiting for a cure or a transplant.

Before finasteride I was miserable. My hairline was too sh*t to grow my hair out. My density was lacking ton the point that I could not pull off concealers. I shaved my head and when going on dating sites I couldn't even smile for the picture which made it worse. I dated girls I had zero attraction to because of the lack of confidence. Plus I look like edward Norton from American history x when I shave my head.

With my combo I gained my confidence back, was able to smile in pictures, and landed an awesome girlfriend.

I get the hate some have with finasteride. It could be dangerous, I get that. But if the alternative to not trying it means devastating negative impacts on your life... then give it a shot. I owe a lot in my life to this drug.

And yes my girlfriend knows I use this sh*t and concealer. She doesn't care, just like I don't care when she puts on makeup. Without concealer I'm a 4. With it I'm an 8. Without her makeup she's an 8, with it she's a 10. She isn't even vain and admitted she wouldn't have agreed to the first date if i used any of my old pictures.. I looked unhappy and violent.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone reacts differently to it. For some, it is a game changer, for others it is a life ender.

I'm 35, I started thinking at 25. At around 32/33 I started on finasteride. I wish I started at 25.

I still have a very high libido. I still get rock hard erections. I did not get puffy nipples or any other significant side effect. I had minor brain fog when I first started and it cleared up quickly.

Over regrown the majority of my hairline and maintained enough to grow my hair out and use concealers for an illusion of thick hair. I use dermmatch rather than fibers so that I can go on rollercoasters and not have to worry about rain.

Without finasteride I'd be completely slick on top by now and depressed. Finasteride ÷ oral minoxidil + concealer gives me the exact life I'd have if I didn't have this hair loss disease. It lets me just enjoy life while waiting for a cure or a transplant.

Before finasteride I was miserable. My hairline was too sh*t to grow my hair out. My density was lacking ton the point that I could not pull off concealers. I shaved my head and when going on dating sites I couldn't even smile for the picture which made it worse. I dated girls I had zero attraction to because of the lack of confidence. Plus I look like edward Norton from American history x when I shave my head.

With my combo I gained my confidence back, was able to smile in pictures, and landed an awesome girlfriend.

I get the hate some have with finasteride. It could be dangerous, I get that. But if the alternative to not trying it means devastating negative impacts on your life... then give it a shot. I owe a lot in my life to this drug.

And yes my girlfriend knows I use this sh*t and concealer. She doesn't care, just like I don't care when she puts on makeup. Without concealer I'm a 4. With it I'm an 8. Without her makeup she's an 8, with it she's a 10. She isn't even vain and admitted she wouldn't have agreed to the first date if i used any of my old pictures.. I looked unhappy and violent.

As long as your happy and healthy and does not impact your life in a negative way it's all that matters bro, unfortunately there is no possible way too see or know how everybody will react to it, when or why, maybe it will hit you hard after a couple of years or maybe after you stop it, if you will ever stop it, or maybe it won't hit you at all... It's a russian roulette and not all of us are willing to take the risk, it's that simple, properly conducted studies should be made so that people make the decision based on that and on the actual truth about the risks and rewards, not on illusions, theories and lies.

I know that human life has no value in 2020, we are 8 billion and it would not matter and nobody except our families would notice if tomorrow we would die, and because of this we have to take extra measures and be very careful on what and who we trust, and anybody who thinks differently about this is completely delusional, especially with all the info available...

For me it's simple, i saw the studies, all of them, i saw thousand of anecdotal reports saying the same thing over and over again, i filtered them because meh, anecdotal and after reading a meta analysis of these studies i draw my conclusion that it's not worth gambling with my health for my hair, even if having hair, has it's benefits... But i get and understand you completely and i appreciate your sincerity also, i wish you all the best and stay healthy, enjoy your life and hair...

Last edited:

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
i started at 24 , i was having a similar dilema as you but when i looked around at my family and that alot of them went bald around 27-30 . i didnt want to be in that position, luckily i havent had any major sides YET (a little over a year on it now at 50 mg daily) , but ofc everyone will react to it differently. you could give other treatments a try before you start finasteride but for me it has worked and my hairloss hasnt progressed any further.
50 mg? 50x the RDD?

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
Then you better not know. You would make your penis shrink so much, it would penetrate your body. And you’ve even not started taking finasteride.
Are you telling me blocking dht can shrink your c***?

Aw heeeell no. That and gyno makes me shudder even more

Tranny regimen right there

Last edited:

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

You won't get gyno if you already aren't suceptible to it. And your c*** won't shrink to the size of a smurf. But your prostate will shrink.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

What about a shiny dome instead of your hair? (assuming you’re not bald)
What does that make you feel like?

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
What about a shiny dome instead of your hair? (assuming you’re not bald)
What does that make you feel like?
I would feel bad if I had to eventually take the plunge, but I'd not risk my manhood for hair.

There's a reason I'm on here cause I worry to some extent, but not looking for sides that make me shudder.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The people spewing negatives are the George castanzas of the forum lmao, they want every one to be as miserable as them, why else are they here? There already bald and hate themselves. Start at the first signs seems to be most consensus...or you will regret it...like @TomRiddle and his flunky followers...

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
The people spewing negatives are the George castanzas of the forum lmao, they want every one to be as miserable as them, why else are they here? There already bald and hate themselves. Start at the first signs seems to be most consensus...or you will regret it...like @TomRiddle and his flunky followers...

Lmao, the mental gymnastics in this one is strong. Dude, your nobody as am i, why would anybody want you to go bald? Who tf are you in the first place? Nobody, and nobody gives a damn about you, your hair or your life, except maybe your family and loved ones, that's if you have any of them...

We are just expressing our opinions based on the info we have, on the things we have read, on our own experiences, why are most of you so low iq and pure dumb in thinking that somebody has something personal with you or that if somebody does not agree with your gender changing treatments it means that they want you to go bald, are you that dumb and retarded i refuse to believe that there are so many like you thinking this?

Are you all from the US and have your minds poisoned by social media, pharmaceutical companies and justin bieber wtf is wrong with you guys, snap out of it, nobody gives a damn, you could all die tomorrow nobody would give a f***, wtf, fking no brain idiots...

Do whatever the f*** you want, cut your balls off and grow titties bigger than pamela who tf cares, that does not mean that i have to agree with it, i have my own mind, personality and i won't agree with you not even if you were to be the last person on this Earth, fkin self privileged and entitled fucks.

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would feel bad if I had to eventually take the plunge, but I'd not risk my manhood for hair.

There's a reason I'm on here cause I worry to some extent, but not looking for sides that make me shudder.
If it makes you feel any better, I am 18 and been on finasteride for 1.75 months. And my dick is working just fine.
Just know that the ones who get the bad experience are the most vocal. And know that an anti-androgen is crucial to fighting hair loss in the long term, there’s no way around it.

stejames

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been on finasteride 20+ years. recently added dutasteride. My wang works perfectly. had a healthy kid 10yrs ago. I still get easily "excited"

eightbald

My Regimen
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, I am 18 and been on finasteride for 1.75 months. And my dick is working just fine.
Just know that the ones who get the bad experience are the most vocal. And know that an anti-androgen is crucial to fighting hair loss in the long term, there’s no way around it.
Sry to hear u have to do that at that age. Is ur hair holding on?

If treatment is working for you, what time frame can you expect to keep ur hair?

Brutha I dont feed of others misery

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lmao, the mental gymnastics in this one is strong. Dude, your nobody as am i, why would anybody want you to go bald? Who tf are you in the first place? Nobody, and nobody gives a damn about you, your hair or your life, except maybe your family and loved ones, that's if you have any of them...

We are just expressing our opinions based on the info we have, on the things we have read, on our own experiences, why are most of you so low iq and pure dumb in thinking that somebody has something personal with you or that if somebody does not agree with your gender changing treatments it means that they want you to go bald, are you that dumb and retarded i refuse to believe that there are so many like you thinking this?

Are you all from the US and have your minds poisoned by social media, pharmaceutical companies and justin bieber wtf is wrong with you guys, snap out of it, nobody gives a damn, you could all die tomorrow nobody would give a f***, wtf, fking no brain idiots...

Do whatever the f*** you want, cut your balls off and grow titties bigger than pamela who tf cares, that does not mean that i have to agree with it, i have my own mind, personality and i won't agree with you not even if you were to be the last person on this Earth, fkin self privileged and entitled fucks.
Lol didn't read one line of your B's. I can tell your mad though ....sorry your in your feelings.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Someone should get that loser some Xanax. He clearly has underlying issues he needs to address. Lol every word that comes out of his mouth is hateful.... Sucks to be him.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Someone should get that loser some Xanax. He clearly has underlying issues he needs to address. Lol every word that comes out of his mouth is hateful.... Sucks to be him.
Riddle me this: Are you talking about the Riddler or the Joker?:)

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sry to hear u have to do that at that age. Is ur hair holding on?

If treatment is working for you, what time frame can you expect to keep ur hair?

Brutha I dont feed of others misery
My hair appears stable for the most part. I want to hold on for at least 7 years, considering I started treatments fairly early.
And my advice, if you have hair loss and your family history is not good, you better start early rather than later and save yourself from regret.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
i have been on finasteride 20+ years. recently added dutasteride. My wang works perfectly. had a healthy kid 10yrs ago. I still get easily "excited"

Good for you buddy but that does not mean anything to others experiences, it's just your anecdotal experience just like anybody else's, it's equal to 0 and does not mean everybody else will react the same or have the same experience with it and that's all that matters...

Last edited:

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol didn't read one line of your B's. I can tell your mad though ....sorry your in your feelings.

Yeah i'm real mad lol. Nobody cares mate, you are mentally ill just like a lot of this forums member are, especially the ones that take drastic and deranged actions to save their hair. But it's not your fault, it's mine because i stopped blocking your kind and i don't know why, i maybe thought i blocked all of you but it seems i didn't.. Here you go, i solved it and you can talk between yourselves now until you puke in your mouths, nobody gives a f*** anyways, you are just some retards from a hair loss forum...

Last edited:

Lurker85

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't get why people fight over this. There are 2 sides to the argument and both have plenty of truths.

For some, finasteride works with no to minimal sides and gives them a fighting chance to save their hair.

For others, it is extremely dangerous and completely not worth the sides because the sides make the hair meaningless, if you even get it.

I put it off for years, because I saw both sides of the argument and both are very logical. For me, I happened to get lucky and have no sides and decent enough regrowth. But, when I tell people about finasteride in person I always point out the very real possible dangers because it wouldn't be fair if they made the decision without the knowledge.

It is the same for all the sh*t we take. None of it is perfectly safe. It took me years to get on oral minoxidil. I even ordered it, had it, and still didn't take it for a year. The possibility of f*****g up your heart for hair seems insane. Once my doctor prescribed me blood pressure medication it seemed safer since I needed some form of the med anyway. Even then, I started with micro dosages and worked my way up.

I understand wanting to spread the word on finasteride if it helped you. I also understand thr value of warning people of the dangers. I'm not sure why people are fighting over this instead of working together, all of it is great to know if someone is considering starting.