If You Were Beyond Nw4 What 'style' Would You Go For?

What style do you go with

• Leave it

Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Shave it all off to stubble

Votes: 28 53.8%
  • Toppik

Votes: 5 9.6%
  • Shave it all off with a razor

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • combover

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • beard cope

Votes: 6 11.5%

• Total voters

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you'll see gl guys every once in a while grow the beard out to show they have the genetics to do it, reaching a larger range of women they can choose from. if you're always running beard game you're either a fat slob or have sh*t lower third. I'm talking bigger beards, closely trimmed obv still highlights one's bone structure.

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
April+2011+new+Nikon+004.jpg

151216_POL_Paul-Ryan-Budget-Deal.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg

I think Paul Ryan looks better clean shaven

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
you'll see gl guys every once in a while grow the beard out to show they have the genetics to do it, reaching a larger range of women they can choose from.

Guilty as charged, and the intentional genetic display may sound like a reaching theory to some, but on some subconscious level it's probably true as well. I randomly shave mine to stubble at different times, and although it gets thick it does take a while to grow in (meaning I'm mainly on stubble game) but there was a new girl at work who seemed interested in me, and had only seen me with a beard. After shaving I was coming in to work and when I saw her it hit me that this was new to her, and as she's only early 20's I felt like it showed I'm not just running daddy beard game but got washed up boyband game. The intention may not have been obvious to me but maybe I was thinking of that, or if not just for her then for people generally (not that I wanna f*** dudes, but socially there is some leverage to being a good looking guy who's humble, you are liked more and gain dominance points without doing anything, as long as you aren't arrogant about women).

That was kind of the inverse of what you're talking about but same principle. I see it happen with handsome guys here and there, they'll just "try a new look" and have the beard for a month or two, and of course it looks awesome. Average or ugly guys don't "try a new look", they discover the least worst look possible (beard, goatee, hair style, glasses, etc) and cling on to it for dear life in the hope it bumps them up a little bit. There's no luxury there, if they grow a beard it's either with them for years, or gone forever, depending on whether it's actually decent for them.

Women do the same with hair colour and style, in particular blonde girls who want to "try" brunette, because I do feel blonde is simply more eye-catching, there's a sh*t ton of "attractive" girls who aren't even good looking facially but being blonde confuses people in to thinking they're a "bombshell" or something. Brunette is generally regarded as plainer, and attractive blonde girls attempt it to show they're still f*****g hot even when they're plain.

And the one's who aren't f*****g hot? Back to blonde ASAP. Bad move, leave it in the past.

I've known quite a few girls who are naturally ginger, and their cope for being an unattractive ginger is to dye their hair completely red. Being ginger is very tight margins, there aren't many average gingers, it either works or it doesn't, either you're a 3 or like an 8 lol. It's a bit like Asian's.

But the ultimate test of women's beauty: cutting hair down to a few inches of hair or even stubble. Shorter hair is somewhat of a test, but down to male-esque short takes some balls, and even very beautiful women can crash and burn. Next step is googling "how to make hair grow quicker".

For those very rare beauties who pull it off though? Basque in the glory and power that knowing she can practically do anything except dump her face in acid, and she'll still be hotter than her friends who cling to whatever cope makes them remotely passable as attractive.

I'd also liken that to the "no-make up" selfie craze that seems to repeat itself every 6-12 months in some new reincarnation and everyone thinks it's fresh. "It's about being empowered and showing your natural beauty" lol it's about showing off that you're still hot with no make up on, and peer pressuring your ugly friends to fail at trying to do the same thing.

Last edited:

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guilty as charged, and the intentional genetic display may sound like a reaching theory to sum, but on some subconscious level it's probably true as well. I randomly shave mine to stubble at different times, and although it gets thick it does take a while to grow in (meaning I'm mainly on stubble game) but there was a new girl at work who seemed interested in me, and had only seen me with a beard. After shaving I was coming in to work and when I saw her it hit me that this was new to her, and as she's only early 20's I felt like it showed I'm not just running daddy beard game but got washed up boyband game. The intention may not have been obvious to me but maybe I was thinking of that, or if not just for her then for people generally (not that I wanna f*** dudes, but socially there is some leverage to being a good looking guy who's humble, you are liked more and gain dominance points without doing anything, as long as you aren't arrogant about women).

That was kind of the inverse of what you're talking about but same principle. I see it happen with handsome guys here and there, they'll just "try a new look" and have the beard for a month or two, and of course it looks awesome. Average or ugly guys don't "try a new look", they discover the least worst look possible (beard, goatee, hair style, glasses, etc) and cling on to it for dear life in the hope it bumps them up a little bit. There's no luxury there, if they grow a beard it's either with them for years, or gone forever, depending on whether it's actually decent for them.

Women do the same with hair colour and style, in particular blonde girls who want to "try" brunette, because I do feel blonde is simply more eye-catching, there's a sh*t ton of "attractive" girls who aren't even good looking facially but being blonde confuses people in to thinking they're a "bombshell" or something. Brunette is generally regarded as plainer, and attractive blonde girls attempt it to show they're still f*****g hot even when they're plain.

And the one's who aren't f*****g hot? Back to brunette ASAP. Bad move, leave it in the past.

I've known quite a few girls who are naturally ginger, and their cope for being an unattractive ginger is to dye their hair completely red. Being ginger is very tight margins, there aren't many average gingers, it either works it doesn't, either you're a 3 or like an 8 lol. It's a bit like Asian's.

But the ultimate test of women's beauty: cutting hair down to a few inches of hair or even stubble. Shorter hair is somewhat of a test, but down to male-esque short takes some balls, and even very beautiful women can crash and burn. Next step is googling "how to make hair grow quicker".

For those very rare beauties who pull it off though? Basque in the glory and power that knowing she can practically do anything except dump her face in acid, and she'll still be hotter than her friends who cling to whatever cope makes them remotely passable as attractive.

I'd also liken that to the "no-make up" selfie craze that seems to repeat itself every 6-12 months in some new reincarnation and everyone thinks it's fresh. "It's about being empowered and showing your natural beauty" lol it's about showing off that you're still hot with no make up on, and peer pressuring your ugly friends to fail at trying to do the same thing.
Having masculine traits (beard, body hair, etc.) and having the ability to showcase those as if you're a peacock is imo optimal. Being good looking halos that person in choosing different physical styles and how one dresses. You're spot on your point about not so good looking men usually stick to a certain physical appearance and fashion style, as they don't have the luxury to "mix" it up versus someone who is objectively attractive and can get away with lapses in choice of appearance.

In my comm class my prof was talking about when women are ovulating they tend to view men who are more masculine being the most attractive ex. of having facial hair. I just so happened to be rocking beard game that entire week, after she mentioned that I kept it and ran subconscious primitive game. Didn't land any of the class Stacys but I got more conversation though. Who knows if it worked haha.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Guilty as charged, and the intentional genetic display may sound like a reaching theory to sum, but on some subconscious level it's probably true as well. I randomly shave mine to stubble at different times, and although it gets thick it does take a while to grow in (meaning I'm mainly on stubble game) but there was a new girl at work who seemed interested in me, and had only seen me with a beard. After shaving I was coming in to work and when I saw her it hit me that this was new to her, and as she's only early 20's I felt like it showed I'm not just running daddy beard game but got washed up boyband game. The intention may not have been obvious to me but maybe I was thinking of that, or if not just for her then for people generally (not that I wanna f*** dudes, but socially there is some leverage to being a good looking guy who's humble, you are liked more and gain dominance points without doing anything, as long as you aren't arrogant about women).

With the beard I genuinely think you attract different people. I remember when I shaved off my beard a few women were like 'why the hell did you do that? But whilst walking around the workplace without a beard I noticed a few new people were looking at me in a different way.

It's been talked about before and its worth mentioning again - some women like the rugged look, whereas some women prefer the more groomed look.

Also, as you infer, men treat you better with a beard than without. It is very weird, and must be subconscious, but other men are more likely to move out the way for you or even nod at you when you have a beard.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score

Today saw this Apple plus Jio company ad on one song I was about to listen.

Last edited:

Bklyn_23

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This. I can grow a thick long beard but I've never gone beyond a medium thick one. If I do keep growing it, I feel it would hide my lower 1/3. I still got complements and girls like facial hair but eventually I feel I can't recognise my own face too (clone like) and also it looks scruffy/dirty even if you groom it well. I prefer to alternate between clean shaven, stubble or medium length beard where my face is clearly still visible - and feedback indicates the same.

View attachment 74633

I've always been clean shaven (I generally shave every 2-3 days, and my hair grows slowly), but that is my preferred stubble length. I've actually been looking into which beard groomer I should purchase because I want to experiment with keeping my facial hair at around the length seen in that picture. The one major downside for me is that I have a LOT of gray in my beard (~25-30%; oddly enough, on my head I have very few, and all are on the sides), and it becomes more obvious the longer I let it grow.

Last edited:

blackg

Reaction score
Horry sh*t, i won't doubt it if someone told me that when this guy walks by women you can hear their ovaries exploding
seriously i would take this look over any NW1
Why? This middle-aged man is nothing special.

blackg

Reaction score
Having masculine traits (beard, body hair, etc.) and having the ability to showcase those as if you're a peacock is imo optimal. Being good looking halos that person in choosing different physical styles and how one dresses. You're spot on your point about not so good looking men usually stick to a certain physical appearance and fashion style, as they don't have the luxury to "mix" it up versus someone who is objectively attractive and can get away with lapses in choice of appearance.

In my comm class my prof was talking about when women are ovulating they tend to view men who are more masculine being the most attractive ex. of having facial hair. I just so happened to be rocking beard game that entire week, after she mentioned that I kept it and ran subconscious primitive game. Didn't land any of the class Stacys but I got more conversation though. Who knows if it worked haha.
Some good college football coming up over the next few days.
I'm really looking forward to the Rose Bowl.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the 3 people who voted for a combover do it as a joke?

I know that sometimes they can hide baldness but they are nearly always exposed at some point.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Did the 3 people who voted for a combover do it as a joke?

I know that sometimes they can hide baldness but they are nearly always exposed at some point.
4, lol. Combover is a good option, if density is normal, and there is a mild recession (Norwood 1.5-2).
Buzzcut is better for aggressive thinning.
Shaving with a razor is an aesthetic disaster and only a minority of men can pull off such look.
Toppik is a waste of time and money, better to get high quality SMP imo.
Beard cope can work on some men, but still facial hair has less aesthetic value, than head hair.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
4, lol. Combover is a good option, if density is normal, and there is a mild recession (Norwood 1.5-2).
Buzzcut is better for aggressive thinning.
Shaving with a razor is an aesthetic disaster and only a minority of men can pull off such look.
Toppik is a waste of time and money, better to get high quality SMP imo.
Beard cope can work on some men, but still facial hair has less aesthetic value, than head hair.
If you are Norwood 2 its not even a combover.

This thread is about advanced balding - so a nw4 and beyond.

A combover at this stage is high risk - zircon said he had a combover at Norwood 4 and it worked and i'd actually like to see it.

This is a good example of a combover for a norwood 3:

0023ae606f170c585aef03.jpg

It doesn't work that great on me because I have a little more thinning on top so it just doesn't work as well.

DHTpolice

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are Norwood 2 its not even a combover.

This thread is about advanced balding - so a nw4 and beyond.

A combover at this stage is high risk - zircon said he had a combover at Norwood 4 and it worked and i'd actually like to see it.

This is a good example of a combover for a norwood 3:

View attachment 74683

It doesn't work that great on me because I have a little more thinning on top so it just doesn't work as well.
Oh, I was inattentive. Agree, combover at Norwood 4 is not a good idea. I would better buzz and get a transplant + SMP.