If You Were Beyond Nw4 What 'style' Would You Go For? | Page 4 | HairLossTalk Forums

If You Were Beyond Nw4 What 'style' Would You Go For?

Discussion in 'The Impact of Hair Loss' started by JohnsonDDG, Dec 24, 2017.

?

What style do you go with

1. Leave it

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Shave it all off to stubble

24 vote(s)
    54.5%
  3. Toppik

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  4. Shave it all off with a razor

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
  5. combover

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  6. beard cope

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Interesting. I never looked at men growing beards in that manner, but it makes sense. A full beard evens out one's face and compensates for weaker facial bone structure, particularly the lower half of the jaw. It can also accentuate less pronounced cheekbones which may otherwise be unnoticeable. I wonder if the modern beard trend is informed by this line of thinking at all, or if it's subconscious.

2. Notcoolanymore

Notcoolanymore Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Or anywhere else that isn't casual.

JohnsonDDG likes this.
  3. Rudiger

Rudiger Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Excluding casual sex.

Which also happens to be the most vital pitfall of hat incarceration.

Wolf Pack and Notcoolanymore like this.
  4. Dontwannabeabetabob

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    you'll see gl guys every once in a while grow the beard out to show they have the genetics to do it, reaching a larger range of women they can choose from. if you're always running beard game you're either a fat slob or have shit lower third. I'm talking bigger beards, closely trimmed obv still highlights one's bone structure.

JeanLucBB, Rudiger and davesmith420 like this.
  5. Dontwannabeabetabob

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    April+2011+new+Nikon+004.jpg

151216_POL_Paul-Ryan-Budget-Deal.jpg.CROP.promo-xlarge2.jpg
    I think Paul Ryan looks better clean shaven

davesmith420 likes this.
  6. Rudiger

Rudiger Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Guilty as charged, and the intentional genetic display may sound like a reaching theory to some, but on some subconscious level it's probably true as well. I randomly shave mine to stubble at different times, and although it gets thick it does take a while to grow in (meaning I'm mainly on stubble game) but there was a new girl at work who seemed interested in me, and had only seen me with a beard. After shaving I was coming in to work and when I saw her it hit me that this was new to her, and as she's only early 20's I felt like it showed I'm not just running daddy beard game but got washed up boyband game. The intention may not have been obvious to me but maybe I was thinking of that, or if not just for her then for people generally (not that I wanna fuck dudes, but socially there is some leverage to being a good looking guy who's humble, you are liked more and gain dominance points without doing anything, as long as you aren't arrogant about women).

That was kind of the inverse of what you're talking about but same principle. I see it happen with handsome guys here and there, they'll just "try a new look" and have the beard for a month or two, and of course it looks awesome. Average or ugly guys don't "try a new look", they discover the least worst look possible (beard, goatee, hair style, glasses, etc) and cling on to it for dear life in the hope it bumps them up a little bit. There's no luxury there, if they grow a beard it's either with them for years, or gone forever, depending on whether it's actually decent for them.

Women do the same with hair colour and style, in particular blonde girls who want to "try" brunette, because I do feel blonde is simply more eye-catching, there's a shit ton of "attractive" girls who aren't even good looking facially but being blonde confuses people in to thinking they're a "bombshell" or something. Brunette is generally regarded as plainer, and attractive blonde girls attempt it to show they're still fucking hot even when they're plain.

And the one's who aren't fucking hot? Back to blonde ASAP. Bad move, leave it in the past.

I've known quite a few girls who are naturally ginger, and their cope for being an unattractive ginger is to dye their hair completely red. Being ginger is very tight margins, there aren't many average gingers, it either works or it doesn't, either you're a 3 or like an 8 lol. It's a bit like Asian's.

But the ultimate test of women's beauty: cutting hair down to a few inches of hair or even stubble. Shorter hair is somewhat of a test, but down to male-esque short takes some balls, and even very beautiful women can crash and burn. Next step is googling "how to make hair grow quicker".

For those very rare beauties who pull it off though? Basque in the glory and power that knowing she can practically do anything except dump her face in acid, and she'll still be hotter than her friends who cling to whatever cope makes them remotely passable as attractive.

I'd also liken that to the "no-make up" selfie craze that seems to repeat itself every 6-12 months in some new reincarnation and everyone thinks it's fresh. "It's about being empowered and showing your natural beauty" lol it's about showing off that you're still hot with no make up on, and peer pressuring your ugly friends to fail at trying to do the same thing.

#66 Rudiger, Dec 28, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  7. Dontwannabeabetabob

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Having masculine traits (beard, body hair, etc.) and having the ability to showcase those as if you're a peacock is imo optimal. Being good looking halos that person in choosing different physical styles and how one dresses. You're spot on your point about not so good looking men usually stick to a certain physical appearance and fashion style, as they don't have the luxury to "mix" it up versus someone who is objectively attractive and can get away with lapses in choice of appearance.

In my comm class my prof was talking about when women are ovulating they tend to view men who are more masculine being the most attractive ex. of having facial hair. I just so happened to be rocking beard game that entire week, after she mentioned that I kept it and ran subconscious primitive game. Didn't land any of the class Stacys but I got more conversation though. Who knows if it worked haha.

blackg, Wolf Pack and JohnsonDDG like this.
  8. JohnsonDDG

JohnsonDDG Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    With the beard I genuinely think you attract different people. I remember when I shaved off my beard a few women were like 'why the hell did you do that? But whilst walking around the workplace without a beard I noticed a few new people were looking at me in a different way.

It's been talked about before and its worth mentioning again - some women like the rugged look, whereas some women prefer the more groomed look.

Also, as you infer, men treat you better with a beard than without. It is very weird, and must be subconscious, but other men are more likely to move out the way for you or even nod at you when you have a beard.

Wolf Pack and JeanLucBB like this.
  9. Wolf Pack

Wolf Pack Moderator My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    This. I can grow a thick long beard but I've never gone beyond a medium thick one. If I do keep growing it, I feel it would hide my lower 1/3. I still got complements and girls like facial hair but eventually I feel I can't recognise my own face too (clone like) and also it looks scruffy/dirty even if you groom it well. I prefer to alternate between clean shaven, stubble or medium length beard where my face is clearly still visible - and feedback indicates the same.

3fd628c5cfbabe6c4171b08d09e9513a--sexy-men-hot-men.jpg

ben-affleck-beard.jpg

It's good to grow thick facial hair sometime if possible, it can complement a masculine face further. Like with all things, if hair is missing on top, or it's a weak patchy beard, or the beard is grown by a potato faced guy - it won't have the same impact.

The beard cope Johnson posted on the first page, I think he looked pretty good. Strong facial structure and he would look okay without the beard too if he had hair.

10. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not attractive either way. It's the facial frame which initially creates the halo effect and is mandatory. Followed by factors such as strong jawline, high cheekbones, low brow, small eyes, wide mid face but everything is in balance, asserting masculinity and dominance - high T.

At least he can grow a thick beard, will provide some solace when bald and the illusion of some masculinity. Better than being bald and beta faced which must be incredibly tough. He'd be better off though getting a full head of hair and keeping some good stubble. Having a cool hairstyle to offset his aesthetics without over compensation of a thick ginger carpet.

JeanLucBB likes this.
  11. Patrick_Bateman

Patrick_Bateman Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Sp9KxQt.png

12. Saurabhaj

Saurabhaj Senior Member

Dislikes Received:

Today saw this Apple plus Jio company ad on one song I was about to listen.

#72 Saurabhaj, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  13. Bklyn_23

Bklyn_23 Established Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I've always been clean shaven (I generally shave every 2-3 days, and my hair grows slowly), but that is my preferred stubble length. I've actually been looking into which beard groomer I should purchase because I want to experiment with keeping my facial hair at around the length seen in that picture. The one major downside for me is that I have a LOT of gray in my beard (~25-30%; oddly enough, on my head I have very few, and all are on the sides), and it becomes more obvious the longer I let it grow.

#73 Bklyn_23, Dec 29, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  14. DHTpolice

DHTpolice Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    What an idiot! There are approximately 5k grafts in his beard. Pretty much enough to fix his frontal third. Also he seems to have great scalp donor area.

Patrick_Bateman likes this.
  15. Wolf Pack

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I find that the philips brand is best for the beard. 0.5mm I think without the guard and with the guard different settings up to 12mm. I find 6mm is the sweet spot for a short beard. Depending on how your hair and skin is you could dye the greys...but a little hard unless you give the beard some length. And you have to keep repeating it regularly as it grows out. Best to use a salt and pepper type of dye for the beard, ensures uniformity of greys/normal colour.

Bklyn_23 likes this.
  16. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Why? This middle-aged man is nothing special.

17. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well you shouldn't. Identity security is a serious matter.

18. sunchyme1

sunchyme1 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    what amazes me is how bald he looks once he shaved, leaving only a visible nw6 pattern. grown out though, he has a lot more hair.

fucking nuts

19. blackg

blackg Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Some good college football coming up over the next few days.
    I'm really looking forward to the Rose Bowl.

20. Stanx22

Stanx22 Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Hat style : hat prisoner jutsu.

blackg likes this.