If You Take finasteride You Should Definitely Switch To dutasteride

Abomination

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride was FAR more effective for me than finasteride, really thickened up my hair... But it also seemed to start f*****g up my liver too.

So yeah it's a whole lot more effective imo, but also potentially more serious side effects from long term use.

I'm off it now and my hair looks sh*t, but liver > hair in the grand scheme of things.

What exactly caused liver problems? what was your dutasteride dose?

Im going to start injecting dutasteride directly on my scalp for a year and see what happens.

As for still losing hair on dutasteride, would be interesting to get bloodworks from people that get good results vs people that still shed and compare test levels and other things. Perhaps people that still shed would need fight the test with RU or so. However RU is a gamble, you are trusting chinese labs.. I wish there was a safe topical test inhibitor.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score

Im going to start injecting dutasteride directly on my scalp for a year and see what happens.

As for still losing hair on dutasteride, would be interesting to get bloodworks from people that get good results vs people that still shed and compare test levels and other things. Perhaps people that still shed would need fight the test with RU or so. However RU is a gamble, you are trusting chinese labs.. I wish there was a safe topical test inhibitor.

Lol, really ? read pubmed . Dutasteride increase LDL, Increase both liver enzimes . Dutasteride CAUSE liver damage. You are not going to die cause this, but if you already have liver damage, that it is really dangerous.
Dutasteride IT IS NO SAFE ! . READ PUBMED !

Dual-5α-Reductase Inhibition Promotes Hepatic Lipid Accumulation in Man

but it is really simple. check your enzime liver levels , and you will see it for yourself. Mind where almost triple with dutasteride . Then, stop it, check it again after 6 month, and you will see the HUGE difference .

ajax

Established Member
Reaction score

I actually think my liver issues were being caused by keto shampoo going systemic... Stopped dutasteride but the symptoms I had still persisted. Quit keto shampoo and they went away... Back on dutasteride and no symptoms.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
I actually think my liver issues were being caused by keto shampoo going systemic... Stopped dutasteride but the symptoms I had still persisted. Quit keto shampoo and they went away... Back on dutasteride and no symptoms.
What about check it your liver enzymes instead of guessing !?

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i took dutasteride for 6 months , i stopped and after i was drug-free( i takes another 6 months to clear from your system) my erections recover only after 1 year..something you might consider

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Caucasian "male" hair sucks to begin with for every single one of us except for Brad Pitt, meaning that in whites, essentially all females have far better hair in terms of volume, weight, texture, manageability and ability to grow it long. White female hairlines tend to be oval in shape, not squared off and the hair is far more protective from the elements as it hangs down and frames the face. Virtually no white males can wear their hair long after puberty without the mullet-effect taking over. Many of the pictures that I see on here that people claim have "great hairlines" actually have Tom Selleck-type hair, meaning decent coverage but crappy hair in terms of ability to style it in any way except for back-combing or sweeping it to the side. Just as bad are the pictures of "boy band" hairlines that look artificially low and they all wear it in the style of "hair helmets". Ugh. Not attractive so why all the sweating and static about hair loss?

It is difficult to perceive why folks come onto a thread like this and start engaging in "castration humor" when they clearly want the benefits provided by muting the natural actions of DHT/Testosterone. Every single thread related to use of any palliative involving hormones or hormonal manipulation to improve scalp hair has the same idiotic remarks about penile shrinkage, castration, "manhood".

This goes beyond mere passive-aggressive behavior but to me seems anti-social and sexist but invariably there are also remarks related to "trannies" which confounds me. Transgender folks are doing the very on-hands research related to hair loss that benefits all of us. Our female to male transgender folks do us a great service by going bald immediately/suffering huge diminutions in quality after testosterone injections which confirms much of what we believe to be true about sexually-dimorphic hair loss in whites.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry James. Your comments are disparaging and uncalled for and they serve no informational purpose except to harass people actually trying to find solutions. Good luck with your uncanny testicles and all of the hot babes knocking on your door to find a real man. Sigh.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry James. Your comments are disparaging and uncalled for and they serve no informational purpose except to harass people actually trying to find solutions. Good luck with your uncanny testicles and all of the hot babes knocking on your door to find a real man. Sigh.
I am just posting studies . trying to find a solution, also means what not to use. If you f*** your entire body and your health cause your hair, that is not a solution. If not, simple use oral flutamide and you will have great hair.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Baldness is hard enough without bringing up castration as a background consideration which only MtFs are likely to consider anyway. I would not use flutamide but I am considering bicalutamide so that I can decrease my estrogen doses. I continue to doubt that anyone already balding is going to see cosmetically significant regrowth/improvement only using an AA although I have heard mixed things about different AA's used as prostate cancer meds.

I still mostly identify as male so my joke regarding HRT is that "I am just in it for the hair"; there's no female inside me hankering to get out and I certainly never thought about wanting to be "female" growing up but hair dysphoria and gender dysphoria are very closely related for some of us.

People who haven't been on HRT/Estrogen have nothing to compare to regarding the value of testosterone vs. estrogen on a daily basis. The sex is better; the youth effects are simply uncanny and unprecedented and except for penetrative sex as a top, there are plenty of options for companionship. So in terms of health, many/most MtFs on HRT are far healthier and far younger looking so no, this has nothing to do with "messing" up anyone's health. In terms of retin-A, I am also using that on the temples and crown and I commend you for trying that.

My hypothesis might be wrong but I believe that anyone trying to regrow or even improve their hair quality in terms of length, texture, manageability, etc. without estrogen and fairly substantial amounts is unlikely to find anything but frustration. I have used essentially everything going back to 1988 and my first Rx for minoxidil and I also have the perspective of using different meds in both a female context and a male context.

I also might direct people to the @bridgeburn thread and his claims that even with a regimen like mine, which for me is admittedly, chemically castrating, that he had no/few issues related to penetrative sex with his girlfriend. In my own situation, it took a lot of titration upwards on E before I lost erectile capacity or the ability to fixate on sex, so it is not something that happens overnight. The problem is that gyno starts immediately while hair improvement requires (apparently) far greater amounts of estrogen circulating than does breast or buttock development. So to the extent that you are a cynic, you are correct in my estimation that neither finasteride nor Duta is likely to regrow hair. They are pretty damn good though for maintaining the crappy XY hair that most of us have. Goddess bless.

Last edited:

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, you told people just to castrate themselves if they are considering dutasteride and you didn't provide any links. Every single time that I go on a thread involving hormonal manipulation we get the same "catty" remarks. Baldness is hard enough without bringing up castration as a background consideration which only MtFs are likely to consider anyway.

I still mostly identify as male but people who haven't been on HRT/Estrogen have nothing to compare to regarding the value of testosterone vs. estrogen on a daily basis. The sex is better; the youth effects are simply uncanny and unprecedented and except for penetrative sex as a top, there are plenty of options for companionship. So in terms of health, many/most MtFs on HRT are far healthier and far younger looking so no, this has nothing to do with "messing" up anyone's health. In terms of retin-A, I am also using that on the temples and crown and I commend you for trying that.

My hypothesis might be wrong but I believe that anyone trying to regrow or even improve their hair quality in terms of length, texture, manageability, etc. without estrogen and fairly substantial amounts is unlikely to find anything but frustration. I have used essentially everything going back to 1988 and my first Rx for minoxidil and I also have the perspective of using different meds in both a female context and a male context.

I also might direct people to the @bridgeburn thread and his claims that even with a regimen like mine, which for me is admittedly, chemically castrating, that he had no/few issues related to penetrative sex with his girlfriend. In my own situation, it took a lot of titration upwards on E and Duta before I lost erectile capacity so it is not something that happens overnight. The problem is that gyno starts immediately while hair improvement requires (apparently) far greater amounts of estrogen circulating than does breast or buttock development. So to the extent that you are a cynic, you are correct in my estimation that neither finasteride nor Duta is likely to regrow hair. They are pretty damn good though for maintaining the crappy XY hair that most of us have. Goddess bless.

Nothing will regrowth your hair if you are bald, you will not go from a nw7 to a nw0 even if you remove your testicles, tha tI am not even know if you have it or not, plus I don't simple care.

Already posted enought studies and simple don,t have any sense to say that an X anonymous person still have sex with his girlfriend even without the lack of adrogens. Really have none sense of wasting time trying to argue this none sense ,not prove thing.

Also, there is thing call it QUALITY, is not the same thing of have life than have a QUALITY life, same with sex and everything.

Go system to treat a follicle is a none sense. Cause it will affect your whole body .

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

Dutasteride and Finasteride still feel like taking a sugar pill to me in terms of mental sides, i get none whatsoever and im not in the best of mental health states. Lucky me in that regard i guess.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride and Finasteride still feel like taking a sugar pill to me in terms of mental sides, i get none whatsoever and im not in the best of mental health states. Lucky me in that regard i guess.
I don't want to be a douchbag , but again, it is all about how much you use your brain . Like somebody say " i don't have sexual side effects " First thing I will tell you, let me ask your girlfriend or the girl you are having sex , and left she tell me .

Lets say, if you are at the University, studing for medical doctor and you tell me " I am taking finasteride, have zero side effects, I am passing all the exams without any problem, etc " That will be , it give you zero side effect. Now , if you are, for example , eliminating allopregnolone, how the hell you will not have more anxiety ?Lets say you have trouble at work, without alloprenolone it will cause you tons of more anxiety .
Now, if your life is living in a beatifull world, where nothing bad happen, your parents pay you for everything, etc. Well, may be you will not need allopregnolone that much .

WE are not just inhibiting DHT, that is just bad enought, like it was post, we are eliminating tons of other hormones , so, have zero side effects, is imposible .

Hair_Cook

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dutasteride and finasteride does not differ in results a lot. Finasteride is a safer bet though.