If You Could Start All Over Again From Scratch How Would You Attack Your Hairloss?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on the brink of starting Finasteride.

My concern is that because there has been so much diffuse loss and now the hairline so fast that if I don't respond and suffer another shed I’m essentially forcing myself into a cosmetically awful situation.

I listened to six top derms tell me I should wait on propecia and that I was suffering from a Telogen Effluvium.

I am working with the top transplant doctor in the Midwest (Dr. K) now and have been on oral minoxidil only since May. My hairline is now compromised and I’m ready to pull the trigger but I regret the minoxidil because I never got back to baseline after that shed. Still messing with Keto and LLT too.

How would you attack it all over again with Finasteride?

Branded?
Dose?
Oral/Topical?
Hair cut?
Keto?
Minoxidil?

I would really appreciate some experienced perspectives.

Attachments

• 9C8E4536-C232-4B90-9086-27EC9EEF80B9.jpeg
    9C8E4536-C232-4B90-9086-27EC9EEF80B9.jpeg
    79.4 KB · Views: 366

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Five percent Minoxidil, with a microdosed Finasteride tablet.

g.i joey

Reaction score
finasteride at 21 would've been perfect for me, nw2 with no density loss.

Instead like most I thought propecia was the devils drug so I let my hair get diffuse as sh*t and now I'm working with nw2.5-3 with diffusion

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Any thoughts on what I should expect in terms of the Finasteride shed? Biggest fear is setting, suffering the massive shed to learn I’m a ‘non-responder’?

If you start and have sides when is safe to stop and avoid the shed?

Forum nightmares of starting Finasteride, losing density and hairline are awful possibilities. I mean even if it was a guarantee I would still be concerned about sides.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on the brink of starting Finasteride.

My concern is that because there has been so much diffuse loss and now the hairline so fast that if I don't respond and suffer another shed I’m essentially forcing myself into a cosmetically awful situation.

I listened to six top derms tell me I should wait on propecia and that I was suffering from a Telogen Effluvium.

I am working with the top transplant doctor in the Midwest (Dr. K) now and have been on oral minoxidil only since May. My hairline is now compromised and I’m ready to pull the trigger but I regret the minoxidil because I never got back to baseline after that shed. Still messing with Keto and LLT too.

How would you attack it all over again with Finasteride?

Branded?
Dose?
Oral/Topical?
Hair cut?
Keto?
Minoxidil?

I would really appreciate some experienced perspectives.

Get the f*** on finasteride and stop f*****g around. Derms are notorious for being pseudo-scientists and "Telogen Effluvium" is often nothing more than good ol male pattern baldness.

Your hair doesn't look bad AT ALL in that one terrible photo though tbh, but hard to tell. Get on finasteride or you're f*****g yourself over long term.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man wish that was the case. This hairline is retreating with mad diffusion. Only been a year. Regret not starting Finasteride already.

Attachments

• DFB47FF5-A0C9-46DE-8982-EEC4A1A49555.jpeg
    DFB47FF5-A0C9-46DE-8982-EEC4A1A49555.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 338

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven’t started it. Think I’m going to pull the trigger on the Finasteride this week instead. The horror shed horror stories on this board though damn.