If ur future son had hair loss

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
I'd tell him he will have to be "bald and proud" and having hair is just not something for him.

I would tell him to be "bald and depressed" rather than "bald and self loathing" :dunno:

seb

Reaction score
CaptainForehead said:
dudemon said:
I'd tell him he will have to be "bald and proud" and having hair is just not something for him.

I would tell him to be "bald and depressed" rather than "bald and self loathing" :dunno:

The two are not usually exclusive.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
seb said:
CaptainForehead said:

The two are not usually exclusive.

I know, and hence my said advice.

antman

Established Member
Reaction score
my dad, who is completely bald, said that i should learn german, go to our neighbours house, start ranting in german, so they'll think i am a neo-nazi, make them freak and run and never return.

as a mental note; i'm not going to say this to any future offspring or nephews.

Captain Obvious

Established Member
Reaction score
I would make my son understand from a very young age the real nature of hair. I want my son to know why people look the way they do. I am going to make him comprehend that "hair isn't fair". I will explain to him that his hair will change so he should both appreciate what he has but be emotionally prepared for when he doesn't have it anymore.

I don't think boys are ever really taught about DHT and pigmentation and all that stuff until it actually happens to them and they look it up themselves. As a matter of fact, I think the only difference kids see with hair is the color, I think they believe everything else is possible when in fact even people with great hair can't do *anything* they want with it.

I remember I was so confused why I couldn't do certain things with my hair when i was young. I thought "hey, I have hair, isn't that all I need?". Nobody ever explained to me that different people have different amounts and different hairlines and different ability to grow certain lengths.

My son is definitely going to understand hair.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
I'd let him deal with it alone, unless he asked for my help. Then I'd tell him that life was too short for worrying about things so frivolous, so you could either get over it, or do something about it. I think we all know that no amount of cliches/ inspiring speeches will help somebody get over hair loss.