If there where no females, would you care about hair loss?

Koman

Reaction score
I think men only care about hairloss because they are conscious that they might get less attraction from the opposite sex.

At least I think that's what does it for me.

Then I started thinking - there are tons of other things that matter more to women than hairloss. Like money, status, shape, age.

So while you are panicking about a small minor detail that might influence perceived value if you become self-conscious about it, you aren't worrying about the fact that each year you are getting older and getting more wrinkles on your skin thus becoming less attractive.

Or you aren't worried about lack of money which is technically more important for everyone than hair. Or for fatness, or other important things.

So, in the end - is it worth worrying about baldness? I think it's not productive at all, because the time spent worrying can be spent developing other areas of your life that will make you more attractive to the opposite sex :)

KANGA

Established Member
Reaction score
While I agree that building status is more important than worrying about hairloss, people (well, me at the very least) are concerned about possible underlying diseases that could potentially cause hairloss. If you read Brain's post about his recent discovery, you'll see that if he wasn't concerned about finding the root to his hairloss, he could have had a significantly shorter life.

Koman

Reaction score
KANGA said:
While I agree that building status is more important than worrying about hairloss, people (well, me at the very least) are concerned about possible underlying diseases that could potentially cause hairloss. If you read Brain's post about his recent discovery, you'll see that if he wasn't concerned about finding the root to his hairloss, he could have had a significantly shorter life.
Well, from what I know hairloss is not an indicator of illness in 99.9% cases. If you really care that much about that 1% then you should be caring even more about other potential diseases for males. Male prostate cancer, testicular cancer, any cancer? We can't live all our lives in fear.

Reaction score
Oh, god. It would be amazing if there were no women. Nothing would matter then.

I am married, but I still worry about hair loss because I want to have every possible edge in my future career, which I need in order to support my wife and our family.

If there were no women, I would have no family. ANd thus, I wouldn't give a sh*t about hairloss, a career, anything. I'd basically eat pizza every day and play videogames.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Having a full head of hair will always help you look younger. Looking young is always a nice feeling for me. Secondly, hair loss only makes it harder to style your hair anyway you want. I used to be able to wear my hair longer but not anymore. Now the only style I am forced to wear is a modified longer version of the caesar cut.

mpbsux20

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I agree I wouldn't give a damn about hairloss if there weren't any women around.Those pervy stares from the opposite sex can do your confidence a world of good certainly thats what it does to me[this isn't the only reason though].This happens only when I am having a good hair day where I would be an 8.5/10 guy whereas on a bad hair day I would look like a 6.5/10 kinda guy.Without hair I would be totally unattractive. :shakehead:

Nene

Reaction score
Well dudemon, some simple organisms can produce offspring on their own without mating. What if humans could do something like that?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF
WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF WHAT IF

s.a.f

Reaction score
But lets face it sexual desires are actually the most dominant form of motivation for almost all species. Many species virtually sacrifice their life for the oppurtunity to mate.
Without sex nobody would really care too much about anything.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Maybe subconciously it is.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Scientifically no, visually YES! and that is what people relate to when they mean "genetic inferiority". And male pattern baldness is just that - a strong visual genetic inferiority.

Koman

Reaction score
superfrankie said:
Scientifically no, visually YES! and that is what people relate to when they mean "genetic inferiority". And male pattern baldness is just that - a strong visual genetic inferiority.
I think this only applies if you visually look shaggy already. If you are well dressed, fit and clean, the bald look won't give off any negative wibes.

I say this because one of my University professors is bald and he looks very good. He has a good personality as well and is one of my favorite professors.

Nene

Reaction score
Yeah but your professor must be in his 40s I'm assuming. Most of us are in our 20s and some 30s. I think it's easier to pull off for older guys.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Its the same as being 5'2, technicaly theres no real genetic problems but we all know that being that short would have a huge disadvantage in terms of how you are percieved by others.

epictetus

Reaction score
Even without women, baldness makes a person look old and all the negative connotations that come with it.

Before I started balding, there used to be a bald guy who advertised for Kashi on TV. You could tell he kept in good shape, but he still looked way older than his years (mid-twenties).

My dad would crack, "Yep, he doesn't look a day over 70 thanks to Kashi."

Koman

Reaction score
Its the same as being 5'2, technicaly theres no real genetic problems but we all know that being that short would have a huge disadvantage in terms of how you are percieved by others.
Big difference. Being short is much worse. And the negative genetic trait is that you can not protect your close ones that well if you are short. Stronger, taller guys are genetically more attractive because they seem more masculine and more chances of them knowing how to protect their family/woman. Also, baldness adds to the masculinity factor.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well this theory is already in place (kind of).

I believe, from my experience and reading this forum, that men who are single/divorced seem more concerned about their hairloss than men who are married or in a long term relationship.

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm happily married and I still care. I just don't want to be bald. :dunno:

Edit: although I have to admit I would clearly care a lot more if I were single. I really don't know what I would do if this sh*t would have happened to me back when I was dating. I never realized how much it must suck for young and single bald dudes.

sergiotahini

Established Member
Reaction score
That's really unfortunate that you had to go through that. What you say is fair enough and I agree that it's always important to keep up your appearance, but do you think the baldness was a reason your wife chose to divorce you? I don't doubt you if you say it was, although it seems a bit unlikely. If it was (and I say this not to be rude) you're probably better off.

Best of luck with the dating scene.