If only I was NORMAL like everybody else!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm going to spend 10000€ for like 10000 hairs. I'm writing a letter to my insurance company anyway. It has to be done. Even in Belgium, they cover fat disgusting people's surgery.

If I join my 6 months of psychiatry because of hair loss, maybe they'll take it seriously. I know, I might as well believe in Santa.

I guess it's going to be 10000€ just to look normal for my age. Who said life had to be fair?

Don't expect hair transplant to be perfect, you're in for a shocker if you do that... have they already assessed your donor areas? Not everyone even has 10000 hairs to use in transplant without the donor area getting hit badly. Other thing is that filling NW5 with hair transplant is gonna be a b**ch, it's such a large area to cover with limited donor hair. Not trying to discourage you, I've been pondering the idea of a hair transplant aswell but so far I've decided not to go for it. There's just so many "but's" and "if's" to it if the balding area is large like ours. What if balding continues on the sides and you're left with a gap between transplanted and your own side hair? That's my biggest fear 'cause I'm not sure I could afford another hair transplant.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
There will be a gap in the end. It has been discussed with my surgeon. I don't care. I want a frame for my face. It's very possible that I'll stop at my first hair transplant and be left with a "Zidane look". I don't care as long as I don't have to deal with the huge forehead. I have 65 hairs per cm² in my donor. The norm is 70 so slightly below average. I'm ready to accept that it fails, it's a FUE anyway, and I almost didn't scar for my previous surgeries (gyno). But thanks for your concern :).

This is just madness im sorry but it is.

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
honestly, girls that have male pattern baldness have it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than any guy will ever have it. because guys are shallow, and always will be. only some girls are shallow, and those that are are the ones that are young . any women 30 or older realize that the majority of men over 30 will be thinning or balding. hollywood has made balding men unacceptable, amongst a lot of other things. imo, if you are thinning you are better off buzzing your head to at least a number 2. men who are balding look MUCH better with buzzed hair, than men with the same amount of hair loss who is trying to cling on to every last homer hair. i am prepared to buzz my hair when I get to the point where i can no longer style my hair without it looking bad. i have buzzed my head in the past and can pull it off, but of course it will look different with a more recessed hairline. anyways, you guys have every right to be depressed, but you really need to find a way to get through it and start enjoying life. sure there are people that will make fun and look down on you for being bald (especially if you are very young), but **** them. they don't know you so who gives a **** what they think. all i can say is , if you are really self conscious about your hair, improve other aspects of your physical appearance. eat healthy and work out.

regarding the comment about the guy having lost an arm and being bald. i would never trade any appendage of my body to have a full head of nw1 hair. not even a pinky... i don't think i would even give up my pinky toe.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
How is that madness. Fred seems pretty level headed.

That he dont care that his treatment may mess up or there is a gap etc as long as it frames his face? all the money gone down the drain? that dont sound mad or silly or what ever to you? ok cool...

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That he dont care that his treatment may mess up or there is a gap etc as long as it frames his face? all the money gone down the drain? that dont sound mad or silly or what ever to you? ok cool...
your avatar is punchable as f.uck

DannyBoyy

Reaction score

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
honestly, girls that have male pattern baldness have it wayyyyyyyyyyyyy worse than any guy will ever have it. because guys are shallow, and always will be. only some girls are shallow, and those that are are the ones that are young . any women 30 or older realize that the majority of men over 30 will be thinning or balding. hollywood has made balding men unacceptable, amongst a lot of other things. imo, if you are thinning you are better off buzzing your head to at least a number 2. men who are balding look MUCH better with buzzed hair, than men with the same amount of hair loss who is trying to cling on to every last homer hair. i am prepared to buzz my hair when I get to the point where i can no longer style my hair without it looking bad. i have buzzed my head in the past and can pull it off, but of course it will look different with a more recessed hairline. anyways, you guys have every right to be depressed, but you really need to find a way to get through it and start enjoying life. sure there are people that will make fun and look down on you for being bald (especially if you are very young), but **** them. they don't know you so who gives a **** what they think. all i can say is , if you are really self conscious about your hair, improve other aspects of your physical appearance. eat healthy and work out.

regarding the comment about the guy having lost an arm and being bald. i would never trade any appendage of my body to have a full head of nw1 hair. not even a pinky... i don't think i would even give up my pinky toe.

I'm in great shape and it doesn't help. When your out in a social setting women can't see your abs and chest compared to a relatively normal guy so they check the hair and face. I look awful with a buzz cut so I'm just fooked either way.
I def NEED a transplant but also can't take Finn so again I'm screwed.
All I want to do is hit everyone lately. Just fight like crazy, I'm really about to burst. No wonder so many mma fighters are balled it drives them violent made.

K

karankaran

WOW, did not knew MY THREAD will have 4 pages of posts!!! well, Fred, i think you are one of the most sensible guys here, but i should also tell you I have a very visible bald spot on my head ,,, i am pretty sure i am NW3.... but yeah, i can understand how much different and more difficult it is to be NW7... i am so desperately trying to avoid my eventual fate... and get this - i have gotten all the BAD GENES while m ELDER BROTHER has not even got ONE! I HAVE GOT ALL THE AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS FROM THYROID TO ECZEMA ! and if this is not it, i naturally have only 27 permanent teeth, with rest of the teeth never developing ...My DENTIST said it is RARE AS HELL...and coz of that one side of my face is already sagging...plus at the age of 26, i have hernia and high BP... it is a NEVER ENDING STRUGGLE FOR ME...but if i ask for ONE THING , JUST ONE THING - A HEAD FULL OF HAIR and nothing else! so even though i might not be NW7, you guys should know that my AUTOIMMUNE health conditions have wrecked my life and when it adds to me being NW3, it is sure worse than being a NW7!!!just saying!

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
WOW, did not knew MY THREAD will have 4 pages of posts!!! well, Fred, i think you are one of the most sensible guys here, but i should also tell you I have a very visible bald spot on my head ,,, i am pretty sure i am NW3.... but yeah, i can understand how much different and more difficult it is to be NW7... i am so desperately trying to avoid my eventual fate... and get this - i have gotten all the BAD GENES while m ELDER BROTHER has not even got ONE! I HAVE GOT ALL THE AUTOIMMUNE DISORDERS FROM THYROID TO ECZEMA ! and if this is not it, i naturally have only 27 permanent teeth, with rest of the teeth never developing ...My DENTIST said it is RARE AS HELL...and coz of that one side of my face is already sagging...plus at the age of 26, i have hernia and high BP... it is a NEVER ENDING STRUGGLE FOR ME...but if i ask for ONE THING , JUST ONE THING - A HEAD FULL OF HAIR and nothing else! so even though i might not be NW7, you guys should know that my AUTOIMMUNE health conditions have wrecked my life and when it adds to me being NW3, it is sure worse than being a NW7!!!just saying!

good luck to you, you deserve hair more than anyone and i hope you find a way. don't care what those guys say, you have every right to be sad and every right to complain. i really wish you the best of luck and lots of new hair! :)

K

karankaran

good luck to you, you deserve hair more than anyone and i hope you find a way. don't care what those guys say, you have every right to be sad and every right to complain. i really wish you the best of luck and lots of new hair! :)

Thank you , DWT! Thanks a lot!

JaySizzle

Established Member
Reaction score
does a full head of hair make a difference? yes. is it do or die? no. half of men are bald or balding. yet more than half of men are in relationships. it is a hit to the ego and self esteem, but you have to find a way to get over it. unless you are trying to reel in college girls, most women are not shallow and will realize that a man's personality goes a long way. unless you have no personality, ugly as heck, then maybe you are screwed. but that's rare. there's a person for everyone... if you believe your chances for meeting women are slimmer due to your hairloss, maybe you should expand your options, and loosen up the standards.. try online dating, so you can communicate with women online rather than face to face so it is less intimidating.. go see a psychologist as well. it obviously is affecting you extremely negatively.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score

I know exactly how you feel. I was screwed when it comes to genes aswell. Too much weird genetic ****/disfigurement for one person to take...

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
I have more hair I think than A LOT of people on this forum but you dont ever compare or repair your misfortunes on the backs of the lesser fortunate. Everyone whether a N2 or N7 feels the same about themselves because remember your shortcomings are ALWAYS magnified in your own eyes. So my N3/4 looks like an N7 when others might not even notice.
But what happens when your hair loss progresses past the point of just you noticing to where EVERYONE WHO LOOKS AT YOU sees it? What you will experience is another animal entirely. Much like a cute little Magui will turn into a ferocious gremlin if you get it wet or feed it past midnight.... or like a little pokemon who evolves into a much fiercer creature SUCH is the case with male pattern baldness.

I mean am I supposed to feel "good" because I saw someone in a worse boat?

No, it's supposed to make you appreciate what you have by not fretting over a receeded temple like some douche bag. /QUOTE]

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Looking at you lot who seem to have "hate" etc thrown at you since you hair got to the point of no return yet i had "hate" when i had hair (omg mad right? >__>)...really does make me think you feel ugly? feel like you dont belong? etc please i had it most my life yet i seem to have more balls then most here...really dont mean to sound like a tosser we all have the right to rant but seriously grow some god damn balls i wouldnt mind but most here still have wives/husbands girlfriends/boyfriends hell still getting with boys/girls etc...if i had a girlfriend hell a wife i wouldnt give a damn more then i already dont damn...be grateful again you have a right to rant but seriously be god damn grateful.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
I have more hair I think than A LOT of people on this forum but you dont ever compare or repair your misfortunes on the backs of the lesser fortunate. Everyone whether a N2 or N7 feels the same about themselves because remember your shortcomings are ALWAYS magnified in your own eyes. So my N3/4 looks like an N7 when others might not even notice.
But what happens when your hair loss progresses past the point of just you noticing to where EVERYONE WHO LOOKS AT YOU sees it? What you will experience is another animal entirely. Much like a cute little Magui will turn into a ferocious gremlin if you get it wet or feed it past midnight.... or like a little pokemon who evolves into a much fiercer creature SUCH is the case with male pattern baldness.

I mean am I supposed to feel "good" because I saw someone in a worse boat?

No, it's supposed to make you appreciate what you have by not fretting over a receeded temple like some douche bag. /QUOTE]

You really need to chill, uncomfortable man. YES we get that being a higher Norwood is worse off because a) everyone sees it and b) there is little to nothing short of a wig you can do about it. YES it must suck and YES that is where all of us are trying to avoid ending up. You have my sympathy, and I'm sure a lot of others too. But don't think you have monopoly on feeling bad, and sad about hair loss. People who are in an earlier stage of hair loss has just as much right to feel bad as you, it's not like you can only feel bad or freaked out when you reach NW5+ I have looked at swinglines photo's and his hair loss is noticeable to others. Just because he has more hair left than you, people can still tell that he is going bald? That is no more fun for him than it is for you. I think people here on this forum respect you so you should also show a little respect and not come thinking you are the only one who struggles here. It is also very hard to "appreciate" the hair you've got when you know it's going down, cause it becomes all you think about. How's the hair gonna look like in one week, a month, a year? It's a constant worry. We are all in the same boat here, some further along than others but still we all suffer the same curse. So everyone should have a little respect for one another's situation.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You really need to chill, uncomfortable man.

No, I have a valid point and I stick by it. What does it say if you are willing to KILL YOURSELF if you ever reach significant baldness say about the gravity of the situation? It says that I am right. Don't act like I am being unreasonable in the assertion that there is such a thing as having it worse when you are not even willing to LIVE through the kind of life I experience everyday. You may be getting by for now pulling one nighters here and there (your pregnant, congratulations) but don't you even act like you don't full well know that you would be OSTROCIZED if you were nw5 full scalp exposed with the rest of your hair still long. I'm not saying the process of balding is a joyride, but if you think an nw2s experience is just as bad as an nw5 especially in your twenties then you are nuts.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, I have a valid point and I stick by it. What does it say if you are willing to KILL YOURSELF if you ever reach significant baldness say about the gravity of the situation? It says that I am right. Don't act like I am being unreasonable in the assertion that there is such a thing as having it worse when you are not even willing to LIVE through the kind of life I experience everyday. You may be getting by for now pulling one nighters here and there (your pregnant, congratulations) but don't you even act like you don't full well know that you would be OSTROCIZED if you were nw5 full scalp exposed with the rest of your hair still long. I'm not saying the process of balding is a joyride, but if you think an nw2s experience is just as bad as an nw5 especially in your twenties then you are nuts.

90% of people who say they're going to kill themselves are blowing off steam. I grew up listening to my pops store that garbage.
Maybe I know people better.
DWI is a girl so nw2 or nw5 is bad, but either way it's in the eye if the beholder. In fact sometimes it's even worse being nw3 because it's such a hard hot when you think you've got it covered and good but then when you go out you still get the looks.
No matter the level of loss it s all bad.
Instead of trying to win the "I have it worst" contest, just try to accept how someone else feels and put yourself on equal ground. Trust me you prob feel the way I do about my brother having all his hair still.