If only I was NORMAL like everybody else!

K

karankaran

So, I am 26 years old and I started losing my hair at the age of 23. I have a bald patch on the top of my head. It still has hair but you can clearly see the scalp. I see people my age and they all have full crop of hair. Why cannot I have it? People say "no one is perfect". i do not want to be "perfect" , I want to be normal. just NORMAL. like everybody else. I am trying tons of things and It is a constant fight and sometimes you just get tired constantly fighting. i take a picture of my hair everyday thinking that I might have some new hair and some new thread of hope to hang to. Life is unfair but it goes on! but in the end you ask yourself : Why me? When will a cure come, when can I have some bio engineered hair follicles on the top of my head? Every cure is just 5 years away and it is always 5 years away. When can i be NORMAL again! Sorry if i offended anyone by this post, I just want to share my story! how i feel ! there is no one to talk to!

talmoode

Experienced Member
Reaction score
:( I understand how you feel...

K

karankaran

I get it fred! I am glad i did my undergraduate without hair loss , my college life i had hair but i also damaged my hair a lot by 2 very harsh treatments, My hair was so thick and just so damn thick that everyone used to say that i will never go bald and look at me now... however i am optimistic that in the near future, we will have a treatment, people do not realize but cosmetic surgery is advancing at such a rapid pace...
@talmoode- thanks. i hope the big 3 is working for you.

scorpiolove

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know how you feel man, I lost pretty much all my hair at the age of 23,and it was hard to get a job or have a gf,untill I partially came to terms with my hair loss,the best thing you can do right now, in my opinion, is to get your hair back as soon as possible.
You might want to consider getting a hair piece to cover up the bald spot.
If you have most of your hair left, rejoice man!
Do something about your hair loss while you can, don't wait untill your totally bald,if you need to finance your hair restoration do so by getting a job. You have a great amount of opportunity being young and smart enough to do something about your hair loss early,your still in the game man! don't give up.

Last edited:
K

karankaran

I know how you feel man, I lost pretty much all my hair at the age of 23,and it was hard to get a job or have a gf,untill I partially came to terms with my hair loss,I still at times think of trying to solve the problem of hair loss,but at age 39 its kind of useless,everybody I know knows im bald,its just so trajic that you are going through such a thing at a young age.
Thanks,
it is unfortunate , many ppl do not realize how much hair loss impacts guys ,, i was so angry seeing the comments that have been made towards the balding cure news that came today...first most ppl think balding makes a person less desirable , den when scientists try to find a cure and make progress, dey have an issue with it ! anyways, hopefully, one day things will turn out to be better... i am tired of trying hundreds of things to cope with hair loss.... i will never have my youth back though... for a lot of ppl , a bald patch at vertex is no diff than completely bald... anyways , life goes on...

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks,
it is unfortunate , many ppl do not realize how much hair loss impacts guys ,, i was so angry seeing the comments that have been made towards the balding cure news that came today...first most ppl think balding makes a person less desirable , den when scientists try to find a cure and make progress, dey have an issue with it ! anyways, hopefully, one day things will turn out to be better... i am tired of trying hundreds of things to cope with hair loss.... i will never have my youth back though... for a lot of ppl , a bald patch at vertex is no diff than completely bald... anyways , life goes on...

hey these pro balds want to stay bald let them, more women FOR ME! But dont be fooled half or more would be right in line next to you if a sure fired cure came out. They want to appear strong willed and unfeathered by it and excitement to its reversal would completely destroy the charade they have built.

SDK

Established Member
Reaction score
I started losing it at 18 myself. Fast foward five years and I've clearly thinned with the makings of a bald spot. Toppik is the only thing keeping me from looking like I'm in my mid thirties.

Might have no choice but to get on finasteride and hope for the best, because at best I've only slowed it down a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, try having a NW1 brother who has shown absolutely zero signs of thinning.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
after a while of this hell you eventually just disconnect from normal people. im sort of a robot nowadays. i just stay inside, masturbate, music/weed, and feel lifeless

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
You know what sucks? Reading a message like the OP's and relating so much to what was said only to discover that the OPs hairloss is some minimal temporal recession and I realize that NO, he doesn't actually understand how I feel.

It's a damn lonely feeling knowing 97% of the people on this site have more hair than you. FML.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You know what sucks? Reading a message like the OP's and relating so much to what was said only to discover that the OPs hairloss is some minimal temporal recession and I realize that NO, he doesn't actually understand how I feel.

It's a damn lonely feeling knowing 97% of the people on this site have more hair than you. FML.

I have more hair I think than A LOT of people on this forum but you dont ever compare or repair your misfortunes on the backs of the lesser fortunate. Everyone whether a N2 or N7 feels the same about themselves because remember your shortcomings are ALWAYS magnified in your own eyes. So my N3/4 looks like an N7 when others might not even notice.

It sucks for everyone. I was in teh gym the other day and saw a guy who was clearly N7 with a shaved head and a missing arm. I wondered which he would have asked for back if given the chance. I mean am I supposed to feel "good" because I saw someone in a worse boat? No I just feel we both have sucky situations.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I wouldn't get picked on before I reached NW5. It's once you become truly bald that you see how mean and insensitive non-sufferers are.

Are you ready to face your own harsh judgement and the critics of other people? They see you are less worth as a human being than them, and of course they believe you're doomed. I really hope my two hair transplants will be successful, while I'll be able to see other men in my family and some friends going the other way.

I know it sounds bitter, but, at least they will understand how hard life can be and will think back about the time they said to me: "come on, it's just hair!"

Had this BEFORE hairloss being picked on etc how do you think that made me feel?

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

Minimal temporal recession? I just checked out karankaran's photos after reading your comment,
and clearly the guy has a very noticeable bald spot on the top of his head???
I don't know which photos you saw but I think he has the right to feel bad about his hair (not trying to be rude!)
Of course no one can understand how YOU feel, UCman... Only you know how you feel.
I've said this before but hair loss is a very lonely journey which one has to travel alone.
Yes there are people in the same situation but at the end of the day they don't give two ****s about you.
People care about themselves and their own hair. We can relate to each other but not fully cause everyone is fighting their own battle,
and people are at different stages of hair loss. You can't really decide who's to feel bad depending on their and your Norwood level.
Yeah it does bug me when a NW2 comes crying about hair loss and that being NW2 is sooo hard (couch couch whymewhynow),
and truth be told the higher your Norwood level goes the sadder you become.
But even if people haven't reached your Norwood they are still in the same boat and feels anxious and depressed about it.
OP is clearly visibly balding so even if he's not at your Norwood level he can feel bad about it without people complaining right?

whymewhynow

Reaction score
It's the same argument as always... You see hair loss is a RELATIVE experience, Jason Stratham doesn't give a ****, compared to Mr. X guy is made an alien with only NW3 hair loss.
I'm NW2.5, it hurts my looks bad believe me, when i go out, nearly always in a room i have the worst hair loss, unless some old guy is there.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's the same argument as always... You see hair loss is a RELATIVE experience, Jason Stratham doesn't give a ****, compared to Mr. X guy is made an alien with only NW3 hair loss.
I'm NW2.5, it hurts my looks bad believe me, when i go out, nearly always in a room i have the worst hair loss, unless some old guy is there.

Just left the gym from my long lunch friday and let me say on my after shower i made the mistake of rinsing my hair. I washed out all the minoxidil foam thickening it and holding it in place..... my hair is unfixable at that point. Let me say I will be going to NO ONES desk for IT issues today..... alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll RDP for me. I feel like **** looking at me and feel worse looking at the 2 guys accross from me. One bald as bald can be where Im headed and always grumpy as hell, and the other with a head of hair like a 10 year old boy scout and always chipper to the point of punching him in the face.......

Dont tell me hair doesnt make a diff in the majority.

The bald guy is slouchy and fat. PLUS he just had a major chunk of his scalp removed from sun poisoning/skin cancer since he has no protection up there......

If you feel you look decent and have good foundation (hair) you will try harder to improve more and keep yourself in shape. The guy with hair uses our work gym all the time, the other eats, and eats....

I go to a real gym but wonder when I finally go N7 will I just sit in and eat having given up on life and my appearance as a whole.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just left the gym from my long lunch friday and let me say on my after shower i made the mistake of rinsing my hair. I washed out all the minoxidil foam thickening it and holding it in place..... my hair is unfixable at that point. Let me say I will be going to NO ONES desk for IT issues today..... alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll RDP for me. I feel like **** looking at me and feel worse looking at the 2 guys accross from me. One bald as bald can be where Im headed and always grumpy as hell, and the other with a head of hair like a 10 year old boy scout and always chipper to the point of punching him in the face.......

The bald guy is slouchy and fat. PLUS he just had a major chunk of his scalp removed from sun poisoning/skin cancer since he has no protection up there......

If you feel you look decent and have good foundation (hair) you will try harder to improve more and keep yourself in shape. The guy with hair uses our work gym all the time, the other eats, and eats....

I go to a real gym but wonder when I finally go N7 will I just sit in and eat having given up on life and my appearance as a whole.
god fuccking damn thats depressing

there shouldnt be people out there like that bald guy you were talking about . . . . . . he is the ultimate unwanted end goal of everyone here

its a ****ing social injustice that there isnt a cure for ****ing hair loss.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score

You make a really good point there Swingline. It's so easy to let yourself go when you lose your frame; hair. All of a sudden you go "what's the point of staying in shape? or buy new clothes? when I will look ****ty bald for the rest of my life anyway. I might as well stay in and eat crap and drown in self pity instead"... I used to take great pride in my looks before i lost hair and worked out, bought cute clothes, makeup and hair... now i feel like nothing matters. but i try to kick myself in the butt and force myself not to let myself go either. i tell myself i might as well be bald and fit, than bald and fat... although it seriously tempts me to just drop everything lay down and never get up... :( i think i hate baldness more than anything in this world, no wait i KNOW there is nothing i hate more. I H-A-T-E it. despise it. demonise it. makes me wanna vomit. hate it!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
You make a really good point there Swingline. It's so easy to let yourself go when you lose your frame; hair. All of a sudden you go "what's the point of staying in shape? or buy new clothes? when I will look ****ty bald for the rest of my life anyway. I might as well stay in and eat crap and drown in self pity instead"... I used to take great pride in my looks before i lost hair and worked out, bought cute clothes, makeup and hair... now i feel like nothing matters. but i try to kick myself in the butt and force myself not to let myself go either. i tell myself i might as well be bald and fit, than bald and fat... although it seriously tempts me to just drop everything lay down and never get up... :( i think i hate baldness more than anything in this world, no wait i KNOW there is nothing i hate more. I H-A-T-E it. despise it. demonise it. makes me wanna vomit. hate it!

yup, I even find myself doing it now, the great gym debate. I work out more for addiction than actually staying fit. Plus I cant go bald and fat and say I want a girl whos in shape.... I will be no pot calling kettle.
plus i have to look at my brother with a perfect hairline so you can be reminded all the time of what you will never have.

He goes from one good looking girl to another, those days are now done for me, I can barely get a second glance any more. I make more money, am funnier, am in better shape, etc but what girl would give time enough to find out that when they could just find the better looking guy and try to "change" him and "mold" him..... yay I get to wait for better looking guys left overs or just become a chubby chaser. YAY LIFE!

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
And I thought I'm the one with issues. Please, try to rationalize this. Put it in the grand scheme of things... I'd love to wake up in the morning and realize that hairloss is my ONLY and WORST problem, but I know it won't happen. Still I seem more content with this than you guys. Even if I had hair I'd still be an outsider and a freak... that's how I've been my whole life, hairloss was just another "**** you" for me.

DoneWithIt

Established Member
Reaction score
yup, I even find myself doing it now, the great gym debate. I work out more for addiction than actually staying fit. Plus I cant go bald and fat and say I want a girl whos in shape.... I will be no pot calling kettle.
plus i have to look at my brother with a perfect hairline so you can be reminded all the time of what you will never have.

He goes from one good looking girl to another, those days are now done for me, I can barely get a second glance any more. I make more money, am funnier, am in better shape, etc but what girl would give time enough to find out that when they could just find the better looking guy and try to "change" him and "mold" him..... yay I get to wait for better looking guys left overs or just become a chubby chaser. YAY LIFE!

I know what it feels like to have a brother with a perf hairline. Now he's only 16 and technically could start balding, but there is just something about his hairline that tells me he never will. Only time will tell I guess. A part of me hopes he will so I won't be the ****ing unlucky GIRL that has a perfect NW1 brother, but another part hopes he won't cause we are quite alike personality wise and I think he would suffer greatly if it hit him too. So yeah I guess I hope he won't but it still sucks more than anything to be me -.-

What sucks THE MOST about balding in my opinion is the infinite prison it unwillingly locks you in, throwing the key into Mordor or something. If you're fat, lose weight. If you can't, have surgery. Your nose big? Plastic surgery. Want boobs? Implants. Wrinkles? Botox. They can grow a ****ing ear on a persons forehead nowadays, but hair follicles???? NOOOOO thats too ****ing hard. We are suffering a hell without end in sight, and if a cure ever comes most of us will be old so it wont even matter. what pisses me off the most about my balding isnt that it happened to me actually, its more that it happened NOW. i am freaking 21 years YOUNG. balding steals my youth, look at me. i should be out clubbing on a friday night, instead i am at home on a balding forum. pathetic. when friends call i dont wanna go out. they will stop calling eventually.

if you asked me 2 years ago what i thought i'd being doing on friday nights in 2013, hanging out on a balding forum would be the LAST i could imagine. but if i could look into my future then, i would be hanging from a tree long time ago...

i look at old pictures of myself and cry, damn i looked so much better! i didnt realise how pretty i was back then because i took it for granted and my self esteem was bad, but now i look at pics and think i looked sooo pretty :( it's so depressing!

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you're fat, lose weight. If you can't, have surgery. Your nose big? Plastic surgery.

What pisses me off in this country (USA) is if your fat, we will pick up the bill. Sure eat eat eat, have all the fat fun in the world, become a disgusting f'ing mess.... insurance and the country will pick it up for your surgery.
I work with FOUR fat asses who have had surgery paid for through insurance.
Sorry YOU did that to yourself, youre a fat gross mess and its YOUR fault not mine! I cant get my hair transplant covered in any way shape or form but you can be a disgusting pig who by all means contributes nothing to us as a whole and we will make you skinny.
We really have some priorities here. If you're SO F'ING FAT you might die then OH WELL! Just DIE, you have already proved you don't care enough so WHY SHOULD I, WHY should my insurance rates be so high because you cant put a god DAMNED ho ho down and go walk..... DIE!

My overwieght friends insurance was going to go up because of his weight, you know what he did.... HE LOST WEIGHT! He didnt go the easy route and make insurance pay for a surgery because he KNEW it was WRONG... he ran and changed his diet and is almost my size now and because he did it right his hanging skin is MINIMAL, not like these gross fattos who lose it in 2 months after surgery and can now pull their skin over their head in the rain as a flap!

Is what I'm saying blunt.... yes, is it wrong? NO!

If I'm doing a wheelie on my motorcycle and break my neck, HEY MY FAULT! I know not to do wheelies and wear a helmet (sometimes). I also know not to eat an entire ice ream cake in ONE SITTING!!!!!!!! Lose the wieght on YOUR OWN or just accept your inevitable heart attack. If you are that grossly fat then you should have NO insurance and be denied healthcare so we dont pay for it!

This is a gripe with me. My co worker cant get lasic eye surgery on her insurance because its "cosmetic" but these fatties who cant fit in their chair anymore can walk in and have their stomach clipped...... ? F THAT!

Anyway we can (most of us) get hair transplant's but they are questionable and expensive.

My mental health is suffering, but hey whatever....

I personally think there is a better cure for baldness but Merk and Rogaine just buy the research and dump it somewhere. I bet its permanant, cheaper and better but hey why do that when you can charge for ongoing treatment.

I know I sound crazy but I find it hard to believe that everytime we hear of something like cloning or multiplacation it makes headlines then disappears. Pretty soon this new research out the other day will be gone, tucked in the pentagon with the ark and unlimited fuel!

Yes IM A MONSTER!